Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 Saga Is Never Ending

dw49

Do you really think the biggest issue in DC is who the QB is? And how many threads do we really need on it at this point? RG is a bust in DC. There is no debate. He will move on to another team.

There should be one all-encompassing "BobG3 Is Terrible" thread to put everything Robert Griffin related in. His name is more common than the Broncos in the General section now lol.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think the biggest issue in DC is who the QB is? And how many threads do we really need on it at this point? RG is a bust in DC. There is no debate. He will move on to another team.

As long as you're saying uncle this old man happy. I think the QB thing killed this team but I guess most everyone though RG3 was a franchise type QB. So now they have a talent depleted team due to trading all those draft picks , a horrible owner and maybe as you say , a terrible coach.

BTW amfootball, I think it's funny how I made my earlier post about Colt McCoy, and you logged off instead of commenting and only after the game was over between the Redskins and Rams do you get back and make that comment because you have nothing else and that's the only source of ammunition you have was Colt McCoy scoring 0 points. Stick to Patriots football.

BTW amfootball, I think it's funny how I made my earlier post about Colt McCoy, and you logged off instead of commenting and only after the game was over between the Redskins and Rams do you get back and make that comment because you have nothing else and that's the only source of ammunition you have was Colt McCoy scoring 0 points. Stick to Patriots football.

Logged off? I went out for the day. Was not back until after the early games ended. I assure you I was not avoiding your post. lol.

Are you mad that McCoy looked so futile today? He is third string for a reason you know.

Logged off? I went out for the day. Was not back until after the early games ended. I assure you I was not avoiding your post. lol.

Are you mad that McCoy looked so futile today? He is third string for a reason you know.

Actually he is first string, that's why he played today

He is starting, and RGIII and Cousins are benched, are you mad about that? lol. If Colt McCoy is third string, then RGIII is something much worse, like out of a job soon.

He is starting, and RGIII and Cousins are benched, are you mad about that? lol. If Colt McCoy is third string, then RGIII is something much worse, like out of a job soon.

Let's see Mr. McCoy. In five years in the league he as started a total of 23 games. 7-16 record. 25 TDs to 21 picks. Seems like a legit solution at QB ..

Let's see Mr. McCoy. In five years in the league he as started a total of 23 games. 7-16 record. 25 TDs to 21 picks. Seems like a legit solution at QB ..

I'm assuming by you just posting stats and saying "seems like a legit solution at qb", that you have seen very few, if any games of RGIII or Colt McCoy. You are going by pure stats and probably think that RGIII is better because of his rookie year and you have no idea how much he has regressed these past two years. He has regressed from rookie of the year, to a lousy injured qb that was running a read option that was figured out in 2013, to a injury prone qb that wanted to be a pocket passer and is probably the worst starting qb in the NFL. Colt McCoy is a pocket passer and can throw the ball. He has accuracy in the pocket, awareness, pocket presence , and he is the best option for the team. Griffin has no awareness, can't make reads, has terrible pocket presence, and is just scared to throw the ball or do anything. There's a reason Gruden tore him up, because he is useless on the field. He can't convert to a pocket passer and before you say just make him a read option qb again, his past injuries and the lack of surprise running the read option keep it from working. Griffin is toast and McCoy can at least be serviceable as an average qb. He is capable of winning some games and making the offense look good. RGIII isn't.

I'm assuming by you just posting stats and saying "seems like a legit solution at qb", that you have seen very few, if any games of RGIII or Colt McCoy. You are going by pure stats and probably think that RGIII is better because of his rookie year and you have no idea how much he has regressed these past two years. He has regressed from rookie of the year, to a lousy injured qb that was running a read option that was figured out in 2013, to a injury prone qb that wanted to be a pocket passer and is probably the worst starting qb in the NFL. Colt McCoy is a pocket passer and can throw the ball. He has accuracy in the pocket, awareness, pocket presence , and he is the best option for the team. Griffin has no awareness, can't make reads, has terrible pocket presence, and is just scared to throw the ball or do anything. There's a reason Gruden tore him up, because he is useless on the field. He can't convert to a pocket passer and before you say just make him a read option qb again, his past injuries and the lack of surprise running the read option keep it from working. Griffin is toast and McCoy can at least be serviceable as an average qb. He is capable of winning some games and making the offense look good. RGIII isn't.

I never said RG was good. I said he was a bust in DC. But if you think McCoy is a viable QB more power to you. He was third string this year behind RG and Cousins and it is his fifth year in the league.

I never said RG was good. I said he was a bust in DC. But if you think McCoy is a viable QB more power to you. He was third string this year behind RG and Cousins and it is his fifth year in the league.

All I want you to do is admit McCoy is better than RGIII and Cousins, if you don't think so, please provide more than today's game as evidence. Otherwise, there's nothing else to say.

All I want you to do is admit McCoy is better than RGIII and Cousins, if you don't think so, please provide more than today's game as evidence. Otherwise, there's nothing else to say.

I already did. McCoy - 5 seasons, 23 starts, 7-16. RG has been a starter for three seasons and Cousins was his back up. McCoy was behind them on the bench. 

McCoy has been named starter exactly once in his 5 NFL seasons. He has been on 3 different NFL teams in that span and did not play last year in SF and was third string this year. He is not a good QB. Not sure what else there is to say. He was inserted this year because of injuries and Gruden looking for a spark. He will not be the Redskins starter next year. 

I already did. McCoy - 5 seasons, 23 starts, 7-16. RG has been a starter for three seasons and Cousins was his back up. McCoy was behind them on the bench. 

This is actually pretty close, RGIII is 12-19 from 3 seasons played, 31 starts (including the playoff game). You can argue they are practically even from those stats, however it seems that RGIII is regressing and is struggling with the fundamentals while Colt McCoy is a true pocket passer and can play in the NFL. Remember this, even Peyton Manning struggled heavily Vs the Rams. I don't think RGIII does much better than Colt McCoy. He could do slightly better, but if you think he has any chance of winning that game, you are crazy. It's a mute point at this point, and basically a pointless arguement, but I'm just trying to give Colt a little credit that he's hit a crossroads where he is superior to RGIII and now everyone realizes it. RGIII should be better and maybe he was his rookie season with the read option, but in today's NFL, Colt has learned a bit and is a low end starter while RGIII is a backup. I just didn't like when you said all three were "terrible qbs", when Colt is better than the other two now. 

This is actually pretty close, RGIII is 12-19 from 3 seasons played, 31 starts (including the playoff game). You can argue they are practically even from those stats, however it seems that RGIII is regressing and is struggling with the fundamentals while Colt McCoy is a true pocket passer and can play in the NFL. Remember this, even Peyton Manning struggled heavily Vs the Rams. I don't think RGIII does much better than Colt McCoy. He could do slightly better, but if you think he has any chance of winning that game, you are crazy. It's a mute point at this point, and basically a pointless arguement, but I'm just trying to give Colt a little credit that he's hit a crossroads where he is superior to RGIII and now everyone realizes it. RGIII should be better and maybe he was his rookie season with the read option, but in today's NFL, Colt has learned a bit and is a low end starter while RGIII is a backup. I just didn't like when you said all three were "terrible qbs", when Colt is better than the other two now. 

RG will most likely be a starter somewhere next year or possibly a back up. He will not be third string. McCoy may be better from the pocket but he is not a good QB. I guess we will see how things pan out for RG but his rookie year alone puts him above McCoy. I am by no means rooting against McCoy but if he was any good he would have been more than third string in his fifth season behind the very two guys that you are now saying he is better than. I do not think the skins did any of their QBs any favors this year which is why I lumped them altogether as "terrible." It was not a shot at McCoy but more at an organization who just can't seem to get out of its own way.

McCoy has been named starter exactly once in his 5 NFL seasons. He has been on 3 different NFL teams in that span and did not play last year in SF and was third string this year. He is not a good QB. Not sure what else there is to say. He was inserted this year because of injuries and Gruden looking for a spark. He will not be the Redskins starter next year. 

I 100% agree with most of this, my point in this discussion was that he's better than RGIII and Cousins, which I believe he is. He's a low end starter IMO, and I believe he will either a starter on a bad team (Jets), or a backup on a good team (possibly the Colts). Colt has shown he can do well on a good team though, as he kept the game close with the Colts until the middle of the third quarter. Like I said in an earlier comment, it's a mute point and saying Colt McCoy is better than RGIII is like saying a polished turd is better than a regular turd. It's just one looks nice and the other is bad in every way.

RG will most likely be a starter somewhere next year or possibly a back up. He will not be third string. McCoy may be better from the pocket but he is not a good QB. I guess we will see how things pan out for RG but his rookie year alone puts him above McCoy. I am by no means rooting against McCoy but if he was any good he would have been more than third string in his fifth season behind the very two guys that you are now saying he is better than. I do not think the skins did any of their QBs any favors this year which is why I lumped them altogether as "terrible." It was not a shot at McCoy but more at an organization who just can't seem to get out of its own way.

You type quick :) Yeah, you are a good poster and I got your point. I just think when RGIII starts for another team, it will because of where he was originally drafted (2nd overall), and because of how much was traded up to get him that people will think that they can turn him around. I don't hate him at all, I just want him to be judged correctly. We'll see what happens in the future. Good talking with you amfootball.

I think the odds are more likely that RG3 would at least begin next year as a back up rather than a starter. Any team that takes him on would for sure not rush him into a staring spot in a new offense. For what ever reasons , he was said not be quite a bit behind Cousins in picking up Gruden's offense. So I think even RG3 would be better served (long term) to not be rushed next year if he is with a different team.

That said , I want your opinion (or best guess ) on who starts next week vs the Giants. I read that McCoy has a very sore neck . No better today than when he hurt it yesterday. So chances are almost nil that he stars next week. So ... you make the call. Cousins or RG3 ? I'll go with RG3 . Gosh... this is entertainment at it's best. 

I think the odds are more likely that RG3 would at least begin next year as a back up rather than a starter. Any team that takes him on would for sure not rush him into a staring spot in a new offense. For what ever reasons , he was said not be quite a bit behind Cousins in picking up Gruden's offense. So I think even RG3 would be better served (long term) to not be rushed next year if he is with a different team.

That said , I want your opinion (or best guess ) on who starts next week vs the Giants. I read that McCoy has a very sore neck . No better today than when he hurt it yesterday. So chances are almost nil that he stars next week. So ... you make the call. Cousins or RG3 ? I'll go with RG3 . Gosh... this is entertainment at it's best. 

Yeah, I think it would be best for him to sit too but I could see a team take a chance on him the way the Bills did with Orton.

I didn't realize McCoy was hurt. Yikes. I don't know. Gruden has painted himself into a corner with this one. I will say RG but there will be a lot of drama no matter what. :)

Yeah, I think it would be best for him to sit too but I could see a team take a chance on him the way the Bills did with Orton.

I didn't realize McCoy was hurt. Yikes. I don't know. Gruden has painted himself into a corner with this one. I will say RG but there will be a lot of drama no matter what. :)

Yeah he's out of QB's to bench. Do they have one on the practice squad ?

LOLOL>>>     where are all the RG3 apologists?       

the dude is a stone cold diva.....              loves the attention but does not love the work it takes to make it.   

Bless your heart Andrew Luck.... 

Hahahah!!!!!!!!!!  He is a diva indeed........

1111_zps3ilzcjbz.gif

That being said, their owner is...........

giphy_zpsrq82h3iu.gif

That is one Nightmare on Elm Street of a team this year.

:thmup:

When that QB is blaming everyone else on the team for that team sucking then yeah that is probably the biggest problem.  

Coaches have to keep the team that's true. . . but so do QB's.  Offenses need to know their field leader has their back.  Defenses need to believe that their offense is going to score some points and stay on the field.  

There should be one all-encompassing "BobG3 Is Terrible" thread to put everything Robert Griffin related in. His name is more common than the Broncos in the General section now lol.

There is no more satisfying phrase in the English language then "I told you so".  What you are seeing here is "Andrew Luck is better then RG3. . . I told you so." after Bob got all the awards and attention their rookie years.  

Granted to outsiders it seems annoying, obsessive and somewhat arrogent and it is to some extent.  But you know that every fan base would be doing the same thing after hearing the entire nation tell them for an entire year that their team essentially made a mistake in picking it's quarterback only to have the issue not only reverse itself but become extremely and obviously clear to even Redskins fans that no, they did in fact make the right call in the first place.  

Now all that's left is Russel Wilson who will be tougher but I'm convinced that while he will stay around as a franchise QB, he won't be winning as much when cap concerns or age force the Seahawks to move on from the elite RB he has behind him and the Legion of boom breaks up.  

In fact this season when the Legion of Boom wasn't playing up to snuff he was playing well and putting up numbers but he wasn't able to carry his team to victory. 

Now all that's left is Russel Wilson who will be tougher but I'm convinced that while he will stay around as a franchise QB, he won't be winning as much when cap concerns or age force the Seahawks to move on from the elite RB he has behind him and the Legion of boom breaks up.  

In fact this season when the Legion of Boom wasn't playing up to snuff he was playing well and putting up numbers but he wasn't able to carry his team to victory. 

Isn't this what you have been using as your excuse for Luck though? His team is not good enough around him which is why the Colts have not won more in the post-season? It seems counter intuitive. Of course Wilson may struggle if and when  his team breaks up but right now the Hawks are in good shape. They have already re-signed a couple of defensive pieces this off-season and really don't have much tied up on the offensive side given they shipped away Harvin.

And in terms of the Hawks being hampered by Wilson's future contract, the Colts will most likely be more hampered by Luck's as he will command more money than Wilson. As always, it will come down to how the FO builds the team and right now Seattle has already built a championship team with Wilson as its leader at the helm.

There is no more satisfying phrase in the English language then "I told you so".  What you are seeing here is "Andrew Luck is better then RG3. . . I told you so." after Bob got all the awards and attention their rookie years.  

Granted to outsiders it seems annoying, obsessive and somewhat arrogent and it is to some extent.  But you know that every fan base would be doing the same thing after hearing the entire nation tell them for an entire year that their team essentially made a mistake in picking it's quarterback only to have the issue not only reverse itself but become extremely and obviously clear to even Redskins fans that no, they did in fact make the right call in the first place.  

It is ironic that Wilson has been the top dog of that draft class with a ring in hand and making another run this year. No one saw that coming for sure.

Isn't this what you have been using as your excuse for Luck though? His team is not good enough around him which is why the Colts have not won more in the post-season? It seems counter intuitive. Of course Wilson may struggle if and when  his team breaks up but right now the Hawks are in good shape. They have already re-signed a couple of defensive pieces this off-season and really don't have much tied up on the offensive side given they shipped away Harvin.

And in terms of the Hawks being hampered by Wilson's future contract, the Colts will most likely be more hampered by Luck's as he will command more money than Wilson. As always, it will come down to how the FO builds the team and right now Seattle has already built a championship team with Wilson as its leader at the helm.

They didn't build another one, they just maintained the old.  

And I'm saying that when/if Wilson is forced to carry his team he won't be able to do so as well as Luck.  Seattle has not been as dominate this year as they where last and several times they tried to put the game on Wilson's shoulders and most of those times they failed.

They didn't build another one, they just maintained the old.  

And I'm saying that when/if Wilson is forced to carry his team he won't be able to do so as well as Luck.  Seattle has not been as dominate this year as they where last and several times they tried to put the game on Wilson's shoulders and most of those times they failed.

What? What old? When did Seattle win the Super Bowl?

Do you realize Wilson has three fourth quarter comebacks/GWD this year? Luck has one. Wilson also has two separate games where he threw for 300 and ran for 100 and threw for 200 and ran for 100. He has been the main reason why Seattle is contending not only for the division but for the bye and he is doing it without his top two receivers from last year and a defense that was not nearly as dominant as it was last year.

What? What old? When did Seattle win the Super Bowl?

Do you realize Wilson has three fourth quarter comebacks/GWD this year? Luck has one. Wilson also has two separate games where he threw for 300 and ran for 100 and threw for 200 and ran for 100. He has been the main reason why Seattle is contending not only for the division but for the bye and he is doing it without his top two receivers from last year and a defense that was not nearly as dominant as it was last year.

To infer that Wilson is carring his team more than Luck carries the Colts is goofy.

Total defense.                           

1) SEATTLE... yeah ... really bad this year

18) Indy

Total Offense  

1) Colts 

8) Seattle (note they have 800 yards more in rushing yardage )

and uh... I think Andrew Luck has plenty of 4th quarter comebacks in his career. What a "cherry pick " that was. God .. 

Oh.. and funny you don't mention that Colt receiving core with Wahlen , Brazill and Rogers last year after Wayne went down. Pretty tough winning in playoffs with Hilton being the only legit bWR on the field. But yeah .. lets just skim over that one.

To infer that Wilson is carring his team more than Luck carries the Colts is goofy.

Total defense.                           

1) SEATTLE... yeah ... really bad this year

18) Indy

Total Offense  

1) Colts 

8) Seattle (note they have 800 yards more in rushing yardage )

and uh... I think Andrew Luck has plenty of 4th quarter comebacks in his career. What a "cherry pick " that was. God .. 

Oh.. and funny you don't mention that Colt receiving core with Wahlen , Brazill and Rogers last year after Wayne went down. Pretty tough winning in playoffs with Hilton being the only legit bWR on the field. But yeah .. lets just skim over that one.

I never said Luck was not carrying his team but I am even sure how it really matters or is relevant. The goal is to win the Super Bowl right? If Luck had Wilson's offensive weapons and was not putting up eye popping numbers than I am sure you would be lamenting the lack of team around him.

It always takes a team to win as the great passers of the day have not been able to win it whether it be Rodgers in 2011 or Brady in 2007 or Manning last year. I am not sure how that diminishes what Wilson has accomplished. He has been asked to do more this year given he does not have his top two receivers from last year and his D until recently was not nearly as dominant. And he has some high quality wins over Denver, GB, and Arizona and plays in a much tougher division as well.

I never said Luck was not carrying his team but I am even sure how it really matters or is relevant. The goal is to win the Super Bowl right? If Luck had Wilson's offensive weapons and was not putting up eye popping numbers than I am sure you would be lamenting the lack of team around him.

It always takes a team to win as the great passers of the day have not been able to win it whether it be Rodgers in 2011 or Brady in 2007 or Manning last year. I am not sure how that diminishes what Wilson has accomplished. He has been asked to do more this year given he does not have his top two receivers from last year and his D until recently was not nearly as dominant. And he has some high quality wins over Denver, GB, and Arizona and plays in a much tougher division as well.

You were the one that compared Wilson to Luck so that's what makes what I wrote "relevant."

You were the one that compared Wilson to Luck so that's what makes what I wrote "relevant."

I was responding to Valpo and you jumped in. :)

You have to admit though, Wilson is pretty special. I loved his game vs Philly. When the eagles scored to get within 3 in the second half, he took the ball and drove it the field hitting Baldwin for the TD. As great as the Seattle D is, they often have the lead to play with courtesy of Wilson especially late in the game. I remember Brady saying back in the early 00's all he had to do was have the lead in the fourth quarter and he knew it was a win. Sounds simple but how many QBs have the lead in the fourth?

I was responding to Valpo and you jumped in. :)

You have to admit though, Wilson is pretty special. I loved his game vs Philly. When the eagles scored to get within 3 in the second half, he took the ball and drove it the field hitting Baldwin for the TD. As great as the Seattle D is, they often have the lead to play with courtesy of Wilson especially late in the game. I remember Brady saying back in the early 00's all he had to do was have the lead in the fourth quarter and he knew it was a win. Sounds simple but how many QBs have the lead in the fourth?

I'm kind of the board policeman , so I'm allowed to jump in and attack.

If you bought something... something you couldn't afford... something that you had to take out two loans for and empty your savings account... 

You probably wouldn't throw it away when it stopped working.

Washington mortgaged their future for RGIII, and it backfired badly. They'll get nothing if they try to trade him. And to see the guy sitting on the bench after they gave up so much to move up to get him is obviously too much for the owner and GM to handle. I think Griffin's best days in the NFL are behind him, came and went with his rookie year, and this is what he's going to be. Even if the physical skills are there, after the injuries, his head is so messed up now that I doubt he'll ever bounce back. But they almost HAVE to keep him around.