Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jadeveon Clowney to be placed on Houston Texans' IR

CR91

Its probably for the best. No doubt the guy is a beast atheletically and he even looked good in his limited action...just sad he had his issue before we could see what he could really do. Still imaging him lining up next to Watt...thats just scary. I hope we get to see what this kid can really do someday....I mean not against us lol...but in the league!

That's it Q..

He has not been right for a couple of years...Maybe this clears it up..

It'll be like they get an extra draft choice next year

I sure hope so. Guy has so much potential but injuries are impeding his progress. We invested a lot in him, so it will be on him to produce.

And that correlates to a knee injury how...?

He was injured comin into the league.. he has poor work ethic to get himself back into shape.. hasnt done anything all season.. he has the attitude of money only.. all major draft analysis said the same thing before he was drafted.. he got drafted injured and still is.. by next year when/if he plays he will be going on 2 years not playing.. odds are stacked against him

Ah yes always a good idea to throw out the bust label after a single year where he gets hurt.

Then I guess Werner is a bust too because he has done nothing really since he was drafted in the first round.

Always hate seeing players get hurt.

Werner is a bust... just sayin

He was injured comin into the league.. he has poor work ethic to get himself back into shape.. hasnt done anything all season.. he has the attitude of money only.. all major draft analysis said the same thing before he was drafted.. he got drafted injured and still is.. by next year when/if he plays he will be going on 2 years not playing.. odds are stacked against him

You still didn't explain how being injured means you have a poor work ethic. I guess if Luck gets injured Sunday we can all say he just had a poor work ethic.

Clowney was out for 2 years? Of course he wasn't. Try being credible in some way

Yes after this year goin into next year he wont have played for 2 years.. if really want to count the couple games he played in at the beginning of the season, with a very limited snap count.. if you want to count the 5 tackles and 0 sacks as playing then all means go ahead

41 tackles and 6 sacks in two years is way below average.. soo unless he completly domoinates these next few weeks.. we can call him a bust so far...as for clown cant say weather hes a bust yet

Not quite (miles from intact) an "apples to apples" comparison. Other words Clowney busting would have far more impact than Werner busting. For trade purposes , they * values to each draft spot in each draft. Obviously these can very somewhat from year to year . For Instance , the 2011 number 1 pick was wroth way more than the 2012 number one pick. Andrew Luck in 2011 and a couple of offensive tackles in 2012. In any event pick 1.1 has a value of 3000 points whim pick 24 ( where Werner was selected ) is valued at 740 points. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

Yes after this year goin into next year he wont have played for 2 years.. if really want to count the couple games he played in at the beginning of the season, with a very limited snap count.. if you want to count the 5 tackles and 0 sacks as playing then all means go ahead

He played his senior year in college. He played his rookie year. Game over for bringing up a dumb point to begin with.

Not quite (miles from intact) an "apples to apples" comparison. Other words Clowney busting would have far more impact than Werner busting. For trade purposes , they * values to each draft spot in each draft. Obviously these can very somewhat from year to year . For Instance , the 2011 number 1 pick was wroth way more than the 2012 number one pick. Andrew Luck in 2011 and a couple of offensive tackles in 2012. In any event pick 1.1 has a value of 3000 points whim pick 24 ( where Werner was selected ) is valued at 740 points.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

This doesnt have anything to do with what i said.

This doesnt have anything to do with what i said.

It kind of does. You said.."41 tackles and 6 sacks in two years is way below average.. soo unless he completely dominates these next few weeks.. we can call him a bust so far...as for clown can't say weather hes a bust yet." 

My answer to that is way less should be expected of Werner than Clowney as the investment is far less. For one thing everyone should have expected there to be a learning curve for Werner as he's relatively new at the game and he never had experience at playing LB. He also doesn't need to pile up a whole bunch of stats in the last 4 weeks to not be considered a bust . That is beyond ridiculous. He has shown improvement from last year and if his game gets a little better these last 4 weeks , it would be a very positive sign. You quoting stats after the first 29 games is really not that relevant to how that pick is going to work out.  Clowney on the other hand , being the first overall pick in the draft is expected to come in be an impact player in year one. Is Clowney a bust ? That's ridiculous also. He was injury prone and thus useless to the Texans. So thus far it's just a wasted pick and the juries out.