Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson last draft was a homerun

RockThatBlue

Mewhort playing well

Moncrief is going to be a great player

Newsome is going to be really good as well.

Andrew Jackson has looked decent when he's played

Ulrick John TBD..

People give Grigson lots of crap on here, but I think this draft overall is a home run. Best draft since his first one.

Can't wait to see how good all these players are in a few years.

Well done Grigson

2013 has been pretty trash unless Holmes gets in there at some point... Trash is strong, more like if every draft was like that we'd be like the Rams. Nobody there has proven to be special, only one starting is Werner, who is just alright. This last draft though, yeah. Pretty good. 

lets just say that he has a good couple of drafts. it the trades that he has made that are a little bit questionable(t rich) is the top one. I was willing to give Richardson the whole season to show what he can do. but not now this just a plain bust and a waste of a 1st rd pick.

The issue is not the draft. The issue concerns the fact you think 2 good drafts out of 3 is something spectacular. Which becomes even more mind boggling given the fact his 2013 draft was absolutely grotesque.

When did I say that two out of three drafts is spectacular. It was his best since his first one is it not?

You're nitpicking

Fair enough. I think it's good to recognize the positives. Two good drafts out of three is a good start to build the monster.

Forget the negativity, he's done great in his drafts. Even the 13 draft gave us contributors.

For a frame of reference, look at the top 10 picks in the 12 draft. Five of them probably won't have their contracts renewed by the team that drafted them. If you can't guarantee a top 10 pick will contribute, then getting guys beyond that to start is a win for any GM.

The issue is not the draft. The issue concerns the fact you think 2 good drafts out of 3 is something spectacular. Which becomes even more mind boggling given the fact his 2013 draft was absolutely grotesque.

There's no issue. It's an opinion. You don't agree, we get it. Move on.

lets just say that he has a good couple of drafts. it the trades that he has made that are a little bit questionable(t rich) is the top one. I was willing to give Richardson the whole season to show what he can do. but not now this just a plain bust and a waste of a 1st rd pick.

Then there's the Vontae Davis trade...

It's not an opinion. He's had three drafts. That's called a fact.

Yes.  He had three drafts.  Two look very good.  One has a couple contributors and a bunch of guys who didn't make it.

No one is trying to anoint him.  He's done well overall.  Why do you insist on fighting over semantics?

Mewhort playing well

Moncrief is going to be a great player

Newsome is going to be really good as well.

Andrew Jackson has looked decent when he's played

Ulrick John TBD..

People give Grigson lots of crap on here, but I think this draft overall is a home run. Best draft since his first one.

Can't wait to see how good all these players are in a few years.

Well done Grigson

I think you intentionally left Trent Richardson out! LOL

I think you intentionally left Trent Richardson out! LOL

He wasn't part of the draft, but your point is accurate.  Grigs did not hit all homeruns, no GM does.  He made a great trade in getting Vontea, and a bad one in TRich.  A lot of people also don't think he should have traded Hughes.  

If you look at his body of work, in the short time he's been the GM, you have to give him a B+.

I just hope he learns to play his best players, regardless of experience. There is no reason why after today, Moncrief isn't ahead of Nicks on the depth chart. And Newsome should be getting a lot more snaps. Yes this was a home run draft, but we need to put it on display by letting 2 of the key guys from that draft play more.

I just hope he learns to play his best players, regardless of experience. There is no reason why after today, Moncrief isn't ahead of Nicks on the depth chart. And Newsome should be getting a lot more snaps. Yes this was a home run draft, but we need to put it on display by letting 2 of the key guys from that draft play more.

Grigson doesn't set the lineup or the depth chart.

Also, Newsome gets plenty of snaps, and has for several weeks now. The only games in the last month-plus where he's been limited in snaps were the Pats game, where they went with heavy personnel, and the Jags game last week. And in both games, Newsome didn't really play all that well in the snaps he did get. Even going back to the beginning of the season, the pass rush was obvious from Newsome, but he had trouble finishing plays.

Moncrief out-repped Nicks last week, made plays, and by far out-repped Nicks today. He's clearly ahead of him on the depth chart.

I wonder how different things might have been if Newsome and Moncrief weren't eased in. It could be that they'd have been difference makers right away, but it could also be that they weren't ready to play an expanded role yet, and the gradual increase has worked in their favor. Young players are often worked in slowly, especially at rotational positions.

So he pulled 3 MAJOR contributors to the team out of the first 4 rounds and it is .....    

What?     I call it successful.

I, too, don't have that big of a beef with the 2013 draft. Not flashy, and it definitely could have been better, but I think Werner, Thornton and Hughes are going to be contributors moving forward (and already are). Holmes, I don't get, but at least he got a jersey today. Let's hope he's not back on the injury report next week.

It would be great for one of those late round guys to stick around, also. An Antoine Bethea type, who starts for a long time, would be nice.