Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's different the last month on defense?

Dudley Smith

I remember after the Bengals game, a lot of us, myself included, were saying how impressed we were with Manusky and how he had compensated for the loss of Mathis with a variety of different defenses including blitzes. We had impressive defensive performances most notably against Cincy and Baltimore. Then, in the Pitt game and last night, our D can just get nothing done. They can't tackle, guys are out of position, and they get no pressure on the QB whatsoever. What happened? I seriously don't understand what is so different.

I thought that our D was playing above its talent level in the Baltimore/Cincy games, but I definitely don't honestly think they are as bad as they have shown in the Pitt and NE games either. I really hope Pagano can sit down with Manusky and figure this out.

People will say they are better offenses, but honestly that is not it. They have played like utter trash in these two games, both of them just being completely destroyed. Has any other team they have played had this done to them? No. It was Brady burning them or something, no team ever gets as completely dominated on the line as those two teams did to us. At this point I have to think it is coaching, because even the worst teams in the league play better than that consistantly. 

People will say they are better offenses, but honestly that is not it. They have played like utter trash in these two games, both of them just being completely destroyed. Has any other team they have played had this done to them? No. It was Brady burning them or something, no team ever gets as completely dominated on the line as those two teams did to us. At this point I have to think it is coaching, because even the worst teams in the league play better than that consistantly.

If you honestly think that, you didn't watch the Eagles game yesterday or watched teams like the Bears and Bucs. Coaches can set up a great gameplan but players have to execute.

If you honestly think that, you didn't watch the Eagles game yesterday or watched teams like the Bears and Bucs. Coaches can set up a great gameplan but players have to execute.

I was too busy. The Bucs get wrecked in the air. The only team that comes close to being molested on the run like that was last year's bears. Even when I watched them they weren't allowed 10 ypc for 3 quarters. 

I remember after the Bengals game, a lot of us, myself included, were saying how impressed we were with Manusky and how he had compensated for the loss of Mathis with a variety of different defenses including blitzes. We had impressive defensive performances most notably against Cincy and Baltimore. Then, in the Pitt game and last night, our D can just get nothing done. They can't tackle, guys are out of position, and they get no pressure on the QB whatsoever. What happened? I seriously don't understand what is so different.

I thought that our D was playing above its talent level in the Baltimore/Cincy games, but I definitely don't honestly think they are as bad as they have shown in the Pitt and NE games either. I really hope Pagano can sit down with Manusky and figure this out.

Im not sure if everyone realizes how the absence of Arthur Jones is really impacting us on Defense. Without him Demanding Double teams, alot of offenses are able to effectively block our guys even when we are blitzing. I really hope he returns soon. 

I was too busy. The Bucs get wrecked in the air. The only team that comes close to being molested on the run like that was last year's bears. Even when I watched them they weren't allowed 10 ypc for 3 quarters.

It's not like we're setting records for rushing yards or letting 100 yards every game. We just got crushed this game.