Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dec. 22....home Vs. Houston..get Your Popcorn Ready

oldunclemark

The Dec.1 update thankfully said that Manning can accelerate his rehabilitation.

Y'all know that means he'll be there 9-to-5 working out...starting Monday

Losses to New England and Baltimore (you dont have to be Nostradamus to predict those) will spur him on...

..He'll be soft tossing the ball before anyone tells him he can...

(He may be out in the back yard throwing screen passes to his wife now)

He does not need to get to know his teammates or pick up the offense..

.....we lose a close one to Tennesssee...on Dec. 18

....and then there's one home game left..

Thursday night...vs. Houston...National TV...3 days before Xmas..

Manning walks into Caldwell's office and says, Jim...we're 0-14...

I want to play a couple of series.

What do you say? :unsure:

I say no Peyton, no. He hasn't even been cleared to practice yet. Way too soon for him to play. I was hopeful he could play the last game of the season if he got cleared to practice yesterday. But he didn't. Still, if Peyton looks good and feels great for Jan. 1, then i'm all for him playing the last game to save us from eternal embarassment. I wish that game was home and on primetime for Peyton's return, but the houston game is just too soon, not worth the risk.

I say no Peyton, no. He hasn't even been cleared to practice yet. Way too soon for him to play. I was hopeful he could play the last game of the season if he got cleared to practice yesterday. But he didn't. Still, if Peyton looks good and feels great for Jan. 1, then i'm all for him playing the last game to save us from eternal embarassment. I wish that game was home and on primetime for Peyton's return, but the houston game is just too soon, not worth the risk.

Colfsfan..

..he WILL be cleared to practice soon.....there's no reason not to now

and again....there's a reason he's not on injured reserve..

Colfsfan..

and again....there's a reason he's not on injured reserve..

they said he's making good progress. The nerves aren't all back yet. Until they are he should not practice. He is going to start to get into football shape though. When all his nerves are back or nearly all back, then i think they'll let him practice. He should practice at least two weeks before playing a game. the houston game is just way too soon.

But like i said, i still am hopeful he can play the last game. The reason is so that he can practice this season not play in a game. If he is on ir he can't practice at all. Peyton will try to play this season, but management might not let him.

The Dec.1 update thankfully said that Manning can accelerate his rehabilitation.

Losses to New England and Baltimore (you dont have to be Nostradamus to predict those) will spur him on...

You are dreaming.

I don't know about that. He may inch a little closer to the field, but if he can't throw the ball, he can't practice. We have no hint that he can do so.

And even if the nerve is fine (and they aren't exactly jumping up and down to offer enthusiastic words on the topic) he's JUST starting to bump up his rehab regimen after several months of atrophy. I would hope that they wouldn't put him on the practice field until his arm is developed enough that the risk of him damaging his elbow or shoulder by overcompensating is minimized. I don't know anything about physical therapy, but that isn't happening overnight.

And I wouldn't want him in a game until he is close to 100%, and who knows how long that will take (if at happens at all). Not to mention the fact that the fusion won't be 100% for a very long time, so allowing him to absorb unnecessary hits in the near future seems foolish.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and optimism, but I'm prepared to be equally exited by much smaller signs of progress. Anticipating him playing in a game this season is a bit much.

Shall we risk Peyton's health (and next season) for a win?

I wouldn't dare to risk it.

There's no risk without jeopardy???

He risks his health whenever he goes back out there...That's not an issue...

If he's cleared to practice..he's cleared to play

Just dont throw away those tickets for the 22nd..

He risks his health whenever he goes back out there...That's not an issue...

If he's cleared to practice..he's cleared to play

Just dont throw away those tickets for the 22nd..

participating in practice n playing in a game are two different things. In a game he could get hit n hit hard. After listening to peyton it seems there is still a while till he plays again. That houston game is just too soon. Peyton hasnt been cleared to even throw a football yet.

He's far from being ready even just considering his arm readiness alone. What the Colts need to know about his neck and throwing abillities they can learn in practice. Yes, a game is different than practice, but there really is no need to play him at this point in a meaningless game at the end of a poor season. Pariticulary knowing they can be accused of making an obviously high risk decision.

I don't know about that. He may inch a little closer to the field, but if he can't throw the ball, he can't practice. We have no hint that he can do so.

And even if the nerve is fine (and they aren't exactly jumping up and down to offer enthusiastic words on the topic) he's JUST starting to bump up his rehab regimen after several months of atrophy. I would hope that they wouldn't put him on the practice field until his arm is developed enough that the risk of him damaging his elbow or shoulder by overcompensating is minimized. I don't know anything about physical therapy, but that isn't happening overnight.

And I wouldn't want him in a game until he is close to 100%, and who knows how long that will take (if at happens at all). Not to mention the fact that the fusion won't be 100% for a very long time, so allowing him to absorb unnecessary hits in the near future seems foolish.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and optimism, but I'm prepared to be equally exited by much smaller signs of progress. Anticipating him playing in a game this season is a bit much.

MAC..Dec. 1 was a good day to be a Colts fan....(maybe the 1st good one this year)

If you read the transcripts from today, Peyton said that he HAS in fact already been throwing and doing some light weight lifting...now he will be able to start pushing himself farther...and as for the people saying that he hasnt been cleared to practice yet...the doctor said that he can do as much as he is comfortable with...the fact that his trainer's schedule that they have set up doesnt have him practicing "yet", doesnt mean that he's not medically cleared to do so, once he and the trainer thinks he has progressed enough to start

If you read the transcripts from today, Peyton said that he HAS in fact already been throwing and doing some light weight lifting...now he will be able to start pushing himself farther...and as for the people saying that he hasnt been cleared to practice yet...the doctor said that he can do as much as he is comfortable with...the fact that his trainer's schedule that they have set up doesnt have him practicing "yet", doesnt mean that he's not medically cleared to do so, once he and the trainer thinks he has progressed enough to start

Absolutely...Nobody is naive enough to think Manning hasnt BEEN throwing..a little. Wouldnt you??

The doc said yesterday......Its on.!!

Dont sell those tickets for the 22nd..I'm just telling you..

Absolutely...Nobody is naive enough to think Manning hasnt BEEN throwing..a little. Wouldnt you??

The doc said yesterday......Its on.!!

Dont sell those tickets for the 22nd..I'm just telling you..

Well you wouldnt think that anyone was naive enough to think he hadnt been throwing...but MAC said that he hadnt been, which is just not the case...

Did anyone else notice that when asked about Polian's comments about how he had had a conversation with Peyton and that he was "OK" with the team drafting a QB this year, Peyton said that he hasnt talked to Polian in weeks! lol Seems like Bill gets caught in a "white lie" at least once a week now...

Well you wouldnt think that anyone was naive enough to think he hadnt been throwing...but MAC said that he hadnt been, which is just not the case...

Did anyone else notice that when asked about Polian's comments about how he had had a conversation with Peyton and that he was "OK" with the team drafting a QB this year, Peyton said that he hasnt talked to Polian in weeks! lol Seems like Bill gets caught in a "white lie" at least once a week now...

I saw that, too....

I would but a used car from Polian...Just something about him...

You mean the transcript that was posted to the Star 8 minutes after I wrote my comments? I had no idea what you were talking about until I just went looking.

I'm thrilled that he seems so optimistic, but the question and answer sequence:

------------

Any chance you practice before season ends?

“Like I’ve said all along, that would be what I would like to do.

On the nerve, are you at a point where you could throw and play, with no further progression, does that make sense?

“No. It doesn’t.”

------------

hardly suggests that he's likely to be playing in a game anytime soon. He was deliberately vague when asked about arm strength and the nerve. One can assume that there are still concerns, and all he will discuss is that he's about to plunge into the new workout routine with the hope that he emerges from the other side ready to go. Can't ask for more than that, but we have no clue how long it's going to take, nor any confidence that he will be able to regain his strength.

Once again, I've been incredibly optimistic throughout this process. I think that he is going to be the Colts QB into his early 40s myself. But short term.....................

I say that you are still smoking the same stuff you have been since early September.

I say that you are still smoking the same stuff you have been since early September.

But you know you want to see it 'J'...admit it....

..and Peyton is probably smoking the same stuff...

If he can practice..he can play....and the risk is the same now as it would be next August..

Of course he cant play NOW..but in 2 weeks??..what about Jan. 1?

Its not like he has to learn the offense..

But you know you want to see it 'J'...admit it....

..and Peyton is probably smoking the same stuff...

If he can practice..he can play....and the risk is the same now as it would be next August..

Of course he cant play NOW..but in 2 weeks??..what about Jan. 1?

Its not like he has to learn the offense..

Peyton isn't 100%. Both he and the doctor has said that. So the risk is greater now than next august. 2 weeks just is not enough time. He doesn't have to learn the offense but he has to regain a lot of timing back with his recievers. He still is doing his rehab and that is taking a lot of his time up. Just trying to get you to lower your high hopes. It's just not gonna happen. But Jan. 1 is a possibility of his return. I hope he is 100% and plays that game, but i don't think irsay would let that happen. Colts wouldn't let their players go undefeated but they probably will let their team go winless (which does make sense, no need to injure ur star player even if he is 100%. i do disagree with that thought if he is 100% b/c i want to win every game).

I would bet my account here that Manning will not see the field this yr. in a game. Will anybody else take that bet that swear up and down that he'll play in a game this yr.? I doubt it.

I don't bet, but still i don't think u can say 100% that he definitely won't play this year. But i'll admit it's very unlikely, but hey you have to have to hope.

I don't bet, but still i don't think u can say 100% that he definitely won't play this year. But i'll admit it's very unlikely, but hey you have to have to hope.

I understand if you don't bet, and im not saying with 100% certainty he won't play, it is just my opinion that he will not and im willing to stand by it. What we heard from Mannings doctors and Manning is a whole lot of nothing. He was not cleared to do anything but ramp up his rehab, thats it.

Not sure why you want Manning to play his first game back against one of the most sack happy teams in the NFL, the Texans?

But its the same risk in an exhibition game....in August.

He's rehabbing to play. He has to comeback sometime and he has to get hit sometime... Its the NFL...

If he's cleared...once he can throw....it should be now..for the sake of the franchise.

We need to know if he's still good to go...Cant be afraid

They need a video to play, like ac/dc Back in Black, but Back in Blue instead, or I'm Back by Dope, with a vid of peyton bombing it deep hyping the game, bet tickets go back up.

But its the same risk in an exhibition game....in August.

Once again, that's not true.

Not just because it takes a good year+ for a fusion to be completed (just because they cleared him to step up his rehabilitation doesn't mean that they are actively encouraging him to be pile driven head first into the ground by a 320 pound lineman), but because stepping up to game action before his strength is regained probably increases the risk of elbow and shoulder problems (among other things). Just like when a pitcher has discomfort in one part of his body, and instead of letting it heal he unconsciously adjusts his motion - suffering an elbow injury in the process. I'm rooting for him to return to being an MVP caliber QB, not for him to get back on the field as soon as humanly possible because this year stinks and we need something to boost our spirits. Those are two completely different things - and this year has been "over" for a long time now.