Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is It Time?

LaughingAtIrsay

We are 0-11.. Is it time to give Dan Orlovsky a shot? Curtis Painter has had enuff time to show what he can do and thats really been nothing. The last 2 games he has thrown INT's in the 4th quarter in crucial situations that has lead us to constantly lose! Orlovsky may not be no better but we have to give it a shot and see.. Maybe he can bring a little spark to the offense (as long as he's not running out the back of the endzone). Painter has had 8 WEEKS that = 0-8.. It's time!!!

They are not going to bench Painter. They are out right tanking no and Painter gives us the best shot to lose.

After the next two weeks we will be sitting at 0-13 and they will probably play Painter one more game to insure 0-14 and then give Dan a shot.

In all seriousness, of course it is time to give Dan a shot. This offense has been stagnant for way to long. Only reason we put up 19 points is because of a PI call and a great play by Reggie. Other then that Painter looked horrible. You got to try something against the Pats because if we are stagnant like we have been we will be lucky to get out of there with a loss of 62-7.

They are not going to bench Painter. They are out right tanking no and Painter gives us the best shot to lose.

After the next two weeks we will be sitting at 0-13 and they will probably play Painter one more game to insure 0-14 and then give Dan a shot.

In all seriousness, of course it is time to give Dan a shot. This offense has been stagnant for way to long. Only reason we put up 19 points is because of a PI call and a great play by Reggie. Other then that Painter looked horrible. You got to try something against the Pats because if we are stagnant like we have been we will be lucky to get out of there with a loss of 62-7.

So, at 0-14 we are gonna pull our starters? OHHH NOOOO

Poor Dan Orlovsky, had he not signed with the Colts but staying at whatever position on the Texans depth chart, he could now be starting and managing his team to the playoff, with NFL's best running offense and Andre Johnson assisting him.

Now he is posting his second "perfect season" on his QB Resume and heading into who knows which team after the season ends.

they are not tanking. Idk how people can believe that. We just suck plain and simple. And while i dont mind if dan gets a shot it is not like he will carry us to a win. Remember dan already helped lead one team to a winless season.

they are not tanking. Idk how people can believe that. We just suck plain and simple. And while i dont mind if dan gets a shot it is not like he will carry us to a win. Remember dan already helped lead one team to a winless season.

True, but a team with far less talent than this. They crapped on Curtis and is costs them 4 mill. and they don't want to embarrass him again. imo

True, but a team with far less talent than this. They crapped on Curtis and is costs them 4 mill. and they don't want to embarrass him again. imo

I dont really think we are that much talented than that lions team. Take away peyton n who do we have that is really talented. Freeny n mathis. Calvin johnson is way more talented than wayne. Not saying our overall talent isnt better but its not like there is some huge gap.

Are you sure? How talenteless were them? At least they had Calvin Johnson. Look at us, what do we have now that we can proudly call a talent for now and future?

Well I can see not embarrassing him but I think he has done a good enough of job embarrassing himself that it shouldn't make any difference one way or another now. He was benched 2 games in a row so that was embarrassing and from his game yesterday it didn't do any good because it was the same ole Painter as before. JMO

Are you sure? How talenteless were them? At least they had Calvin Johnson. Look at us, what do we have now that we can proudly call a talent for now and future?

Reggie Wayne is not CJ, but still is a very good receiver,when the ball is thrown within 5 yards of him. We have a guy named Clark another all pro, who this staff turned into a right tackle for most of the year, Tamme another good player. this cubbard is far from bare. Still it is deep ball, deep ball, bubble screen stretch play right, left, deep ball, bubble scree=0-11 headed to 0-16!

Well I can see not embarrassing him but I think he has done a good enough of job embarrassing himself that it shouldn't make any difference one way or another now. He was benched 2 games in a row so that was embarrassing and from his game yesterday it didn't do any good because it was the same ole Painter as before. JMO

Two people think he should be playing BP AND JC, WHY?

We are 0-11.. Is it time to give Dan Orlovsky a shot? Curtis Painter has had enuff time to show what he can do and thats really been nothing. The last 2 games he has thrown INT's in the 4th quarter in crucial situations that has lead us to constantly lose! Orlovsky may not be no better but we have to give it a shot and see.. Maybe he can bring a little spark to the offense (as long as he's not running out the back of the endzone). Painter has had 8 WEEKS that = 0-8.. It's time!!!

Stopped reading at "enuff". You can't be bothered to use actual words I can't be bothered to read

I would say yes for this reason, Painter should be released at the end of the season because he is simply not good enough to play QB in the NFL and there are enough games left for Orlovsky to show he also has no business in the NFL. There are a lot of substandard players on this Colts roster (especially the bottom 1/3) and by the end of the season there needs to be a decision on many players. It's a sign of how poorly coached this team is that Gonzo has gotten no reps so there's no way to be sure that there is no gas left in the tank. All the players on the block to go (including Gonzo) should get to be evaluated now before the end of the year.

Heck I don't really care if we win a game at this point. The #1 pick is far more valuable than a measly meaningless win. If we win a couple that pick could be jeopardized. Stay the course with Painter:)

i thought i was the only one here tht thought that way. hellwithns getting better forr is alls now

i thought i was the only one here tht thought that way. hellwithns getting better forr is alls now

Especially because the longer this Manning situation drags on with no news of improvement the more it is looking like Peyton is done. We need our QB of the future NOW regardless of who it is. This is a good draft for QB's whether it is Barkley or Luck or somebody else but we have all seen first hand how big a difference a franchise QB can make.

I would say yes for this reason, Painter should be released at the end of the season because he is simply not good enough to play QB in the NFL and there are enough games left for Orlovsky to show he also has no business in the NFL. There are a lot of substandard players on this Colts roster (especially the bottom 1/3) and by the end of the season there needs to be a decision on many players. It's a sign of how poorly coached this team is that Gonzo has gotten no reps so there's no way to be sure that there is no gas left in the tank. All the players on the block to go (including Gonzo) should get to be evaluated now before the end of the year.

I agree use this lost season like training camp to see who we have who could help us next year, painter had his shot, look at others also need to look at hughes we know what freeney and mathis can do, evaluate then keep, trade for picks or cut if no interest

its time for the Joseph Addai spread option offense!

Lol.. I dont think that would happen but why hasnt the Coaches thought about doing the Half Back pass again like in the 49ers game. Im sure it would work. Every team we play against is mostly playing man coverage because they know Painter aint gon do nonsense.

I think it is time for more than half of the offense to be running plays. I don't understand why this team constantly goes away from the run game, they average 4.4 yards each attempt. I don't understand why this team expects Painter to run a Manning style playbook when he clearly isn't capable of it. I also don't understand why this defense still runs the cover 2 when it has been proven to be completely useless unless you are up atleast two touchdowns and their is only two minutes left in the game. Most of all I don't understand how an NFL team that was in the Superbowl two years ago hasn't won a game by week 12 and even more than that how the coach hasn't been fired yet.