Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A statistical comparison of some of the league's notable cornerbacks.

Dustin

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An objective look at his career tells you that he's average. Certainly not arguably "the top corner" in the league. At the rate you people have him improving, by the 8th game of the season, he will be in Dieon Sanders territory.

A couple of weeks ago, you guys said he was a top 10 corner. Then it progressed to one of the top 5. Now hes the very best. Like I said, in two more weeks, you guys will have him as a lock for the hall of fame and in the conversation as the greatest ever.

Can you also list which Qbs/receivers these CBs have gone up against thus far? I think that would also shed some light on these numbers as in fairness, Davis has gone up against the Titans, Jags and Ravens whereas Sherman has faced the Broncos, Packers, and Chargers.

You seriously leave out that he also played Denver and Philly? Lol.

I do admit Flacco is horrible, but he does have dangerous weapons with the Smith boys.  When your studying CB's the opposing WR is more important than the QB.  They're all professionals, if the WR is wide open the QB can put it on them.

Torry Smith has about 3 good games per season

At least you don't claim he's the best CB in the NFL as someone else has.

Still, I stand by the comment that he's average.  Average is good enough in the NFL to keep a job for a long time.

If average gets you a monster contract and you follow that up with QB's having a passer rating of 12 throwing against you , then it must be wonderful to be average. Other than 3-4 bad games last year , he was shut down caliber then too.

thedude, on 07 Oct 2014 - 3:32 PM, said:snapback.png

At least you don't claim he's the best CB in the NFL as someone else has.

Still, I stand by the comment that he's average. Average is good enough in the NFL to keep a job for a long time.

L O L

What's so funny?  Try to explain it coherently.

I'm a troll because I say Davis is an average NFL CB.  Right.

No you're a troll because you argue like a 5 year old.  Someone asks for stats and you say "Because I said so."  No one takes you personally because they can't take you seriously.  I'ts just annoying as hell and I'm sorry that I even accidentally read your posts.

No you're a troll because you argue like a 5 year old.  Someone asks for stats and you say "Because I said so."  No one takes you personally because they can't take you seriously.  I'ts just annoying as hell and I'm sorry that I even accidentally read your posts.

You're one to be talking about a five year old.  Show me where I ever said "because I said so" in any discussion.

If I told you what I thought of you based on my first impression, you would indeed take it personally.

You're one to be talking about a five year old.  Show me where I ever said "because I said so" in any discussion.

lol, please. I don't care to look it up because it's a waste of my time, but all you've ever maintained was that Vontae was an average CB and in the face of proof that he's top 5 or 10, you just keep repeating that you're objective and Colts fans are not as if that actually means something.  I assure you, you're "objectiveness" means nothing.  Like I said, it's impossible to take yo useriously because of it.

Did you even read the OP? 

It doesn't matter. He'd rather rely on the totally objective and readily quantifiable "offenses fear him" metric. And by that metric, Vontae Davis doesn't register for this guy (even though Davis has fewer targets than Haden, Revis, Peterson and Talib, and the latter two have played one less game than Davis).

Long story short, he's trolling.

It doesn't matter. He'd rather rely on the totally objective and readily quantifiable "offenses fear him" metric. And by that metric, Vontae Davis doesn't register for this guy (even though Davis has fewer targets than Haden, Revis, Peterson and Talib, and the latter two have played one less game than Davis).

At least a good troll would exemplify some modicum of football IQ.  I wonder if he's actually even seen Vontae play.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 8, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, October 8, 2014 - personal shot

You never said because i said so, but you seem to go out of your way to not provide any real statistical evidence to support your claims. When someone asks you prove it, provide anything, you ignore them and go on to continue saying the samething you have been saying.  Hes not a top 5, hes mediocre, his career this.  But you have been proven wrong already because the people were talking about this season.  When they provide stats to prove it, you have to go to his career to try and argue your point.  But your point is no where near anything what the original topic was about. When you cant argue your point, you change the subject to try and not look so dumb.  But this just makes you look even more dumb.  Whats that have to do with the price of tea in china?

Youre just a blathering fool. Dont bother quoting. Youre ignored.

Well, I was only asking because this time, he was very obviously shown stats that would prove him otherwise. 

Guess he's doing kind of well with his trolling right now, considering the response. lol

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 8, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, October 8, 2014 - personal shot

You never said because i said so, but you seem to go out of your way to not provide any real statistical evidence to support your claims. When someone asks you prove it, provide anything, you ignore them and go on to continue saying the samething you have been saying.  Hes not a top 5, hes mediocre, his career this.  But you have been proven wrong already because the people were talking about this season.  When they provide stats to prove it, you have to go to his career to try and argue your point.  But your point is no where near anything what the original topic was about. When you cant argue your point, you change the subject to try and not look so dumb.  But this just makes you look even more dumb.  Whats that have to do with the price of tea in china?

Youre just a blathering fool. Dont bother quoting. Youre ignored.

Well, I was only asking because this time, he was very obviously shown stats that would prove him otherwise. 

Guess he's doing kind of well with his trolling right now, considering the response. lol

you guys were talking about "Trolls"?

So then you just made something up to fit your view?

:scratch: Um...if youre going to argue with someone. make sure you 1. Quote them right and 2. Quote the right person. :facepalm:

I never claimed you said that, that was offensively PC, good try though.  :thmup:   Goodbye

So then you just made something up to fit your view?

Which is pretty funny because you pull out one sentence to fit yours and avoid the real point of his post.  When someone confronts you with real football facts, you just insist that you're objective and Colts fans can't be objective about Vontae. It's like you're a deer in headlights or soemthing.  It certainly proves that you go out of your way to show us you don't have any football IQ whatsoever.

:scratch: Um...if youre going to argue with someone. make sure you 1. Quote them right and 2. Quote the right person. :facepalm:

I never claimed you said that, that was offensively PC, good try though.  :thmup:   Goodbye

But you chimed in to support that accusation.... goodbye