Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore (+ 3 1/2) at Indianapolis (10-5-14)

oldunclemark

1 p.m. CBS....close that roof

Looking forward to this one....

Blanket Steve Smith.....I don't think the Ravens can run on us..and I don't know what they're doing with RBs anyway

..and turn up the heat on the Baltimore defense...,.not as good as numbers indicate

Without a strong rush..(the key point with our banged up line) ..no one can totally stop our passing attack...

Take the Colts...give the points

Over-under is 47....go over...Ride the wave

Deep ball is what killed us in the playoff against them. Deep ball is what killed everyone in the playoffs against them. Joe Flacco is deep ball. Must take away deep ball.

Outside of Steve Smith....their receivers are only occasionally good..

I want them to throw long and make it a shootout...That's where the Colts excel..especially at home..

Juts keep giving Andrew more posessions

I've see the game down to +3 in some places and that's going in the wrong direction,...

With Bradshaw in good form....I just think indoors with the home crowd...we can score 30-35 AND Baltimore just cant

I hope you're right.

I'm worried about this game because it means so much.

Colts Win 30-27. Take the Ravens with the spread. Take the over. Until further notice start TEs and receiving RBs in FF against us.

That said I'm hoping it's 44-10...

Meh. Good TEs, sure. I'm not worried about Owen Daniels, personally. He's no Delanie Walker, Zack Ertz or Julius Thomas. 

Stopping Steve Smith, Running back catching and seam/underneath coverage by safeties and LBs on D for us

Outside wide outs that can beat 1-on-1s against the Ravens' D is key to beating them on O. Their safeties are not that stellar in pass coverage, so this would be a good game for T.Y. to break out with some skinny post routes.

Wait they made the playoffs last year ?

Yeah, he forgot, it was 2 years ago that they went on the Ray Lewis retirement run :).

Flacco did throw up prayers a lot and the physical Boldin came down with it, he single handedly saved Flacco's bacon that postseason in critical moments. Now, he hopes the same physical but smaller Steve Smith Sr. comes down with his prayers :). However, unlike that postseason run, Jacoby Jones has been killing drives in a bad way this season, so the smart thing is to force someone other than Steve Smith Sr. to beat you.

Yeah, he forgot, it was 2 years ago that they went on the Ray Lewis retirement run :).

Flacco did throw up prayers a lot and the physical Boldin came down with it, he single handedly saved Flacco's bacon that postseason in critical moments. Now, he hopes the same physical but smaller Steve Smith Sr. comes down with his prayers :). However, unlike that postseason run, Jacoby Jones has been killing drives in a bad way this season, so the smart thing is to force someone other than Steve Smith Sr. to beat you.

I didn't forget. Two years, one year. Doesn't matter. That is why we lost against them the last time we played them. We didn't play them last year, so obviously I was not referring to that. 

Edit: Also there is literally no wording in my previous post that would even slightly communicate the idea that I was referring to 2013. 

I didn't forget. Two years, one year. Doesn't matter. That is why we lost against them the last time we played them. We didn't play them last year, so obviously I was not referring to that. 

Edit: Also there is literally no wording in my previous post that would even slightly communicate the idea that I was referring to 2013. 

I would say it does they are not the team from 2 years ago they are more like that team that was not even in playoffs . They are that team hindered by Flaccos mega contract .

I completely agree with you TK. Although, I think he was specifically referencing TE's that we have played this year though.

Well, we might as well add those we haven't played yet cause they'll be here before you know it. Seems like just yesterday the forum exploded in disgust (some) about our draft class. And here we are already at week 5

Time flies

I think that our offense can get the Ravens defense in deep trouble if it our offense starts out with play action and counter runs

and a mix of roll outs  getting Luck on the move and hurt them over the middle because they use a lot of single high safety looks,

They look very vulnerable to crossing routes over the middle.

I'd also like to see a couple post routes to Nicks or Moncrief once we cross into the Ravens side of the field

I'd send Hilton on a Hitch and Go Route out of the Ravens single high Safety look after the run has been established or to take a deep shot after we crossed into there territory

Lots of things I'd do but don't have the patience to list them all at the moment

I would say it does they are not the team from 2 years ago they are more like that team that was not even in playoffs . They are that team hindered by Flaccos mega contract .

I didn't say anything about the team. I literally stated that for us to win, we can't let Flacco complete deep balls. It's really not a groundbreaking statement. 

Good thing I'm not a gambling man--whiffed mostly on the prediction. I agree, it is against more athletic TEs, but Daniels did go for 70 yards against us...

Yeah, I was thinking that when I was watching the game. I didn't expect Daniels to produce like that, but he had a couple of really nice plays.

Yeah, I was thinking that when I was watching the game. I didn't expect Daniels to produce like that, but he had a couple of really nice plays.

The Kubiak effect? He always seemed to get solid production out of his TEs.

When I think of a Kubiak offense I can't help but think of PA, QB rollout and dump off to your TE in the flat. Works great until Schaub implodes on you :P