Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans 2-0

amfootball

Yep. And that Bortles kid sitting on the bench in Jax is going to help make the AFC South one of the toughest divisions in football within a few years.

Ha, I know he was just itching to die today! At least Jacksonville is doing that right...bringing him along slowly so as not to have another Blaine Gabbert situation. Guy balled out in preseason.

Ha, I know he was just itching to die today! At least Jacksonville is doing that right...bringing him along slowly so as not to have another Blaine Gabbert situation. Guy balled out in preseason.

Yep. The Jags are slow-playing the NFL, and it will work too. They get to teach Bortles for a season, and own another set of very high picks next year. 

Is Foster the bellcow there?  Should I look to trade for him in fantasy?

Yeah, basically. Guy gets the bulk of carry as we all expected he would. I would trade for him if I were you, history says that he will put up points. He wasn't as sharp last week as he was today though.

Yep. The Jags are slow-playing the NFL, and it will work too. They get to teach Bortles for a season, and own another set of very high picks next year.

Just wanted to clarify, I meant to type 'itching to play today', not sure where die came from. Must have been auto-correct.

Bill O'Brien has the team moving along. They looked better this week than last week.

I think he is the difference in play calling. Giants next week then Buffalo and if anyone has not watched the Bills they look pretty solid and this should be a good match up with the Texans. The bills fans yesterday were as loud as any I have heard in many moons.

True but their whole schedule is full of sorry teams outside of the Colts and Philly.

Well when you play a last place schedule you are bound to get some favorable matchups. That said they still have to win them. There is no freebies and we've already seen some so called "upsets" already. Houston can be dangerous if they gain confidence...they have playmakers on both sides of the ball.

You would think with all the higher round draft picks they've had for years, the Raiders would eventually get better.

L.A. is calling! 

Last I heard, They were talking more to San Antonio than LA.

Well when you play a last place schedule you are bound to get some favorable matchups. That said they still have to win them. There is no freebies and we've already seen some so called "upsets" already. Houston can be dangerous if they gain confidence...they have playmakers on both sides of the ball.

This is actually a bad argument. Where you place in the standings only effects 2 games out of the 16 game schedule. For the Texans this year, that means they get the Raiders and Bills instead of the Patriots and Broncos. Every other game on the schedule is based on what division you play in. You play everyone in your division twice (6 games), and then each division is matched with one AFC and one NFC division (8 games).

This year the AFC South plays the NFC East and the AFC North, 2 of the weaker divisions in football at the moment (compare to last year where they played both Western divisions, one of the hardest schedules).

Colts have their work cut out for them.  I'm picking us against the Eagles, but a loss tonight wouldn't be that shocking.  Texans are almost certainly starting 3-0.  If we're 1-2 ( I have us beating the Jags)...We better step it up for the rest of the season.

At any rate, it is just week 2.  We still don't really even know who's good and who isn't this season.  Sure, Denver is 2-0, but I don't think they're nearly as dominant on offense as they were last year. 

Last I heard, They were talking more to San Antonio than LA.

This is actually a bad argument. Where you place in the standings only effects 2 games out of the 16 game schedule. For the Texans this year, that means they get the Raiders and Bills instead of the Patriots and Broncos. Every other game on the schedule is based on what division you play in. You play everyone in your division twice (6 games), and then each division is matched with one AFC and one NFC division (8 games).

This year the AFC South plays the NFC East and the AFC North, 2 of the weaker divisions in football at the moment (compare to last year where they played both Western divisions, one of the hardest schedules).

Good point. I guess I thought there was more games than that against lower level opponents but your right. Still it doesn't hurt not to play Denver and New England...that two game swing can be the difference from an 8-8 team on the outside looking in to a 10-6 team in the playoffs....but I agree with you...its only 17% of your schedule that is really being effected.

• 2 weeks later...

I would not worry about that at all. The Texans were much better than the 2-14 record last year. You all just needed a decent quarterback. Texans defense is outstanding. 

Texans will be in it, late in the season, and are a formidable opponent for our Colts. 

Nope.....very far away from being an outstanding defense.  They have serious issues defending the run (in addition to having serious issues at QB and OL).  Washington put 131 yards on them at 5.7 ypc, Oakland put 101 yards on them at 5.9 ypc, and New York put 193 yards on them at 4.6 ypc.  On what planet do you live on where 3 garbage teams run that easily on the same team, where you say that team has an "outstanding defense"? 

The front 7, outside of Watt obviously, is poor.  Poe is a servicable NT I guess, Cushing, as predicted, is a shadow of his former self, and the rest of that group are simply below par football players.  Clowney should improve the pass rush when he comes back of course, but he is a liability in coverage, and still just a rookie.

Fortunately for Houston, Cousins did not start that first game, else they'd be 1-2 right now.  However, for no reason other than their incredibly weak schedule, I see Houston winning 7-9 games.

Said to you, your team will be good this year.

Houston is a far better team than their record 2-14 last year would indicate. I know how dangerous these bulls truly are. It's nice to see them climbing back to division prominence again QuizBoy. The AFC South is always better when the Texans are a legitimate threat. 

I agree 100% Shane & QuizBoy. Your new HC was a solid hire no question. 

There has to be a eerie feeling going on for Texans fans right now . They looked like that 2-14 team vs the giants without Foster he really carries them .  

No. Nothing will ever rival that season. I was blacked out for most of it, and I wasn't even drunk. There was some seriously bad voodoo with that team.