Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens trying to trade ILB Arthur Brown

I would happily trade the extra sixth and seventh round picks we have this year for him. For as many feel good stories as we have at ILB, we don't have a longterm solution. Essentially, you would have traded Burley and Rayford for a second round pick who has just begun his second year. 

I'm wondering why the Ravens would be giving up on a 2nd round pick after only one year.

That's a big red flag for me.

Ozzie Newsome knows talent...   that's why he grabbed Brown in the 2nd round.  

So,  what has gone wrong that now he's willing to move him?

Even if ILB was a need, and I don't think it is,  I'd proceed very, very cautiously.    (and I wouldn't give up more than a 6 for him...)

I'm wondering why the Ravens would be giving up on a 2nd round pick after only one year.

Even if ILB was a need, and I don't think it is,  I'd proceed very, very cautiously.    (and I wouldn't give up more than a 6 for him...)

The Ravens are falling apart.

The Colts don't need him. Freeman, Jackson and McNary are all getting lots of playing time. Muamba is the backup and Studebaker could even play inside.

There is no need to go after Brown. It should say enough that they are trying to get rid of him after only one year with the team.

Also this

"Brown appeared in 14 games as a rookie but was on the field for just 211 snaps, according to ProFootballFocus.com. He finished with 15 tackles, half a sack and one forced fumble."

211 snaps isn't a lot for a year's worth of playing time.  And I know that you can't put too much stock into tackle numbers but 15 tackles doesn't seem like a lot of production for 211 snaps for in inside linebacker.

Even the best GM's make mistakes and this one is a mistake, Ozzie knows that and he's trying to unload him.  I don't anticipate him being any better then what we have and I don't think we really need to make the trade and if we did we shouldn't give up more then a conditional 7th (conditional that the player is on the roster for say 4 weeks or something like that)

Maybe a change of scenery helps this guy but I would agree with you.  Buyer beware, a team trying to offload a 2nd round pick in year 2 of his career. . . there is a problem with the player.