Nicks Vs Talib. We Should Take Advantage

krunk

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that a joke

Have you actually watched Harris? Guy is a stud. Broncos were shutting Rivers down in the playoff game, and Harris goes down. Rivers immediately targets his replacement and they suddenly have life. Harris can play and he's versatile as he can play on the outside or inside. Let's not act like Nicks is a matchup nightmare like a Calvin Johnson.

You have that reversed I think. Nicks would definitely get taken to the woodshed by Harris. Harris is a pro-bowl caliber CB

Getting to the pro bowl isn't exactly the honor it use to be, it's a joke now

And Chris Harris isn't covering any of our WR's

Their best player in their secondary is Ward

Anyone not named Ward is average to below average

Have you actually watched Harris? Guy is a stud. Broncos were shutting Rivers down in the playoff game, and Harris goes down. Rivers immediately targets his replacement and they suddenly have life. Harris can play and he's versatile as he can play on the outside or inside. Let's not act like Nicks is a matchup nightmare like a Calvin Johnson.

youre acting like rivers has weapons. allen and what else? malcom floyd?

You have that reversed I think. Nicks would definitely get taken to the woodshed by Harris. Harris is a pro-bowl caliber CB

Is pro bowl caliber and pro bowler the same?  One is potential and the other is what actually happened. 

Harris would be schooled by Nicks I'm quite confident.

Getting to the pro bowl isn't exactly the honor it use to be, it's a joke now

And Chris Harris isn't covering any of our WR's

Their best player in their secondary is Ward

Anyone not named Ward is average to below average

I agree, I think our receivers can produce against Denver, but don't kid yourself.

Talib is a great corner, and Harris is a very good #2.

I'd take their secondary over ours.

I wonder what we could do with T.Y. in the slot for this game?  Put Nicks and Wayne on the outside with T.Y. in the slot.

Whoever that nickel corner is would have a bad draw dealing with T.Y.

reggie will most likely be working the out of the slot

I agree, I think our receivers can produce against Denver, but don't kid yourself.

At least one person agrees with me :)

Was just trying to say Harris (and I do include Talib when's he full throttle) is no joke. Colts Wrs are good. And the Broncos top 2 CBs are good. No huge advantage either way imo. Doesn't mean one side won't perform better on gameday. But we will all see.

Talib is average to me. Struggles with the little WR's like Steve Smith & Hilton

Then with the whole bad hips and all just don't see the hype he receives. Top 10 corner I guess I could give him cause it's not many good CB's out there but he's definitely not top 5

These are the things I'm excited to see. Hilton got his reps as the primary slot guy last year, and we all know how well Reggie played in 2012. I think we're going to move both of them all around the field and dictate matchups all year long. It's gonna be interesting.

You can mix and match personnel to create mismatches.  I know Reggie is most likely to be in the slot, but when you look at the fact that you can play Nicks outside on Talib and you can put Wayne on Harris those are threats that you have to honor.  It almost forces you to leave T.Y. one one with some nickel corner in the slot that he could burn easily.  I know there's other ways to cover it, but I just got to thinking of some different scenarios after watching that video of Nicks schooling Talib.

Talib is average to me. Struggles with the little WR's like Steve Smith & Hilton

Then with the whole bad hips and all just don't see the hype he receives. Top 10 corner I guess I could give him cause it's not many good CB's out there but he's definitely not top 5

Top 10 is not average. Top 30 is probably average, and that's pushing it, once you account for nickelbacks and such. 

Talib is a really good corner, who has shown some significant highs in his career, but has some minor flaws. It's a mistake to write him off.

great? hilton burned him. how is that great

Yes. Great.  Every corner (even the good ones) get burned on occasion.  Also, Hilton is a pretty good receiver as well... Him burning someone isn't really an insult to them.  He burned Sherman, too.

Hmm...Out of morbid curiosity, im going to sit and think and rate some corners...

1. Peterson

2. Sherman

3. Revis

4. Haden

5 ...Talib?

IDK, maybe I'm forgetting someone.  I'd say Talib is easily top 10 and might even be top 5, unless I'm forgetting someone.

Well assume he's healthy for this discussion (since he is at this time). You put Talib on the bigger or slower WR and let him dominate. Talib should never be on the fast, shifty guy. That is asking for trouble and is a huge error in coaching if that happens. I would put Talib on Wayne, Harris on Hilton, and Roby on Nicks if I were Denver. That's their best match-up imo. I still think the Colts can make plays against that alignment, but I can also see Denver having success by doing that too. It could go either way. I think Hilton is the Xfactor in this game. If he explodes, colts win. If he doesn't, they lose.

Top 10 is not average. Top 30 is probably average, and that's pushing it, once you account for nickelbacks and such.

Talib is a really good corner, who has shown some significant highs in his career, but has some minor flaws. It's a mistake to write him off.

Top 10 is average when you're talking the top CB's in the game. Cause it's not many of them

(No specific order)

P. Peterson

J. Haden

R. Sherman

D. Revis

V. Davis

B. Grimes (debatable)

K. Lewis

I. Taylor

L. Webb

Peanut

L. Hall

A. Verner

D. McCourty

All I can think of off the top of the dome

So that's about 15. So Talib might be Top 15-Top 10 in my book

I just honestly don't see what everyone else is. Every time I turn the TV on he's getting cooked. Either I'm a jinx for him or I just happen to only get his bad nights on my TV

Edit: Forgot my buddy Sam Shields

At least one person agrees with me :)

Was just trying to say Harris (and I do include Talib when's he full throttle) is no joke. Colts Wrs are good. And the Broncos top 2 CBs are good. No huge advantage either way imo. Doesn't mean one side won't perform better on gameday. But we will all see.

Make that 2 people that agree with you.   :thmup:

Well assume he's healthy for this discussion (since he is at this time). You put Talib on the bigger or slower WR and let him dominate. Talib should never be on the fast, shifty guy. That is asking for trouble and is a huge error in coaching if that happens. I would put Talib on Wayne, Harris on Hilton, and Roby on Nicks if I were Denver. That's their best match-up imo. I still think the Colts can make plays against that alignment, but I can also see Denver having success by doing that too. It could go either way. I think Hilton is the Xfactor in this game. If he explodes, colts win. If he doesn't, they lose.

*Points to his above post*

Top 10 is average when you're talking the top CB's in the game. Cause it's not many of them

(No specific order)

P. Peterson

J. Haden

R. Sherman

D. Revis

V. Davis

B. Grimes (debatable)

K. Lewis

I. Taylor

L. Webb

Peanut

L. Hall

A. Verner

D. McCourty

I just honestly don't see what everyone else is. Every time I turn the TV on he's getting cooked. Either I'm a jinx for him or I just happen to only get his bad nights on my TV

Whoa...everyone on that list after Davis is NO WHERE near as good as Talib.   Maybe 6 years ago, Ike Taylor, but...not anymore.  Tillman and Verner are Cover 2 corners, so...that's a no.  Hall is old and slow, and McCourty is a safety...?

Webb had promise, but has never really lived up to "Shutdown corner" 

Edit: haha, just noticed Sam Shields at the bottom.  Another nope.  So overpaid...poor GB.

Whoa...everyone on that list after Davis is NO WHERE near as good as Talib. Maybe 6 years ago, Ike Taylor, but...not anymore. Tillman and Verner are Cover 2 corners, so...that's a no. Hall is old and slow, and McCourty is a safety...?

The other Mccourty. I swore it was two of them. Isn't one of them a CB?

Edit: Jason Mccourty. Sorry, error on my part. Got them mixed up

Whoa...everyone on that list after Davis is NO WHERE near as good as Talib.   Maybe 6 years ago, Ike Taylor, but...not anymore.  Tillman and Verner are Cover 2 corners, so...that's a no.  Hall is old and slow, and McCourty is a safety...?

Holy crap man Leon Hall is 29, he aint old! He has not played 16 games in a season however since 2010

In no way do I think Talib is a scrub.  I'm just wondering if Nicks can still make those same plays on Talib this time around.

I think Talib is a really good corner.  The best one on the Broncos team in my opinion.

Im sure he can if Luck can put the ball on him accurately

(No specific order)

P. Peterson

J. Haden

R. Sherman

D. Revis

V. Davis

B. Grimes (debatable)

K. Lewis

I. Taylor

L. Webb

Peanut

L. Hall

A. Verner

D. McCourty

Are you redefining the word "average"? There are 64 starting corners in the league (more like 96 starters when you consider how many teams play nickel a majority of the time). Top 15 isn't average. Sorry.

Also, Devin McCourty is now a safety. And I'd personally put Talib ahead of Verner and Tillman because of their limitations in usage as man corners, and probably ahead of Taylor as well. But that's just me. Even if you have him just in your top 20, I don't think that qualifies as "average." That's still in the top third of starting corner/nickelbacks. 

Call him overrated. Say he's overpaid. Say he's not top 5 or top 10 or whatever. But you're misusing the word "average," IMO.