Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help with Fantasy Football? Ask here!

You just beat me to it. I'm assuming Bridgewater won't play or won't be at 100%, so I suggest quick with Floyd.

I get the feeling that he isn't going to play and if he does play I just don't think he'll have a good game anyways.

Honestly the only way he could be more set up to fail is if he was playing Seattle in Seattle.  

Rookie QB making his 2nd career start with a bad Ankle and one day of limited practice on a short week going into Lambeau to try and out duel Aaron Rodgers.  

I'd play Ponder just to spare him the loss of confidence.  

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been offered a trade of Wes Welker for Roddy White (I have Roddy). 

Pros for Roddy: solid veteran, good chemistry with Ryan, #2 receiver

Cons for Roddy: injury-prone, may disappear at any given week since Atlanta has a lot of WRs, Julio is the main guy there, still have their bye left to go

Pros for Wes: solid veteran, good chemistry with Peyton, Peyton will go to him a lot and considers him a safety blanket, already finished his bye week

Cons for Wes: one concussion away from who knows what, may disappear any given week since Denver has a ton of weapons

Thoughts?

My roster currently consists of:

QB - Foles, Cousins

WR - Dez, Roddy, Cordarrelle, Andrew Hawkins, Mike Evans

RB - Andre Ellington, Gio Bernard, Khiry Robinson, Lamar Miller

TE - Jimmy Graham

K - Dan Bailey

DEF - Chargers

I want to get rid of Khiry now while he is in a sell-high zone, but I don't know what to target.  I'm also still iffy on dropping Cousins and picking up Eli.  I have no idea what to do there

Going to answer this quick. I'd trade Roddy for Wes. Wes is going to get a lot of looks and Roddy really isn't too good anymore. I would target someone like Trent Richardson for Khiry Robinson. Trent will get the carries all year and is dependable for some fantasy points, when Ingram comes back, Robinson's value is in the toilet. Trade Khiry for an aveerage, bell cow rb. Cousins isn't bad, but Eli is in a zone. I'd definitely do that add drop and actually start eli this week vs the Falcons. The Giants look revamped and Eli needs to be started over a lot of qbs, Foles being one of them.

Going to answer this quick. I'd trade Roddy for Wes. Wes is going to get a lot of looks and Roddy really isn't too good anymore. I would target someone like Trent Richardson for Khiry Robinson. Trent will get the carries all year and is dependable for some fantasy points, when Ingram comes back, Robinson's value is in the toilet. Trade Khiry for an aveerage, bell cow rb. Cousins isn't bad, but Eli is in a zone. I'd definitely do that add drop and actually start eli this week vs the Falcons. The Giants look revamped and Eli needs to be started over a lot of qbs, Foles being one of them.

I disagree, I'd keep White unless you are in PPR.  

Bengals D @ pats

Or

Chargers D vs. Jets.

Right now I'm going with the Bengals

Bad call I would take the Chargers D.

Teams that are accustomed to winning that get embarrassed tend to come out PO'ed and can put up a lot of points.  Teams that arn't accustomed to winning will roll over.  But the Pats are still accustomed to winning.

Pat's arn't what they used to be but the media is overreacting to one bad loss in KC.  Pats are at home and they where embarrassed and they want to show the world it's a fluke.  

I think the Chargers are the safer play.  Jets always suck on offense.  I don't look personally look for the good defense so much as I look for the terrible offense that they are playing against.  

Ok here is one from me.  Zack Stacy @ Eagles or Frank Gore vs. Chiefs?

Right now I'm leading towards Gore.  Eagles offense is powerful and may jump out to big league leaving the Rams slinging the ball and not giving it to Stacy.  

Chiefs/49er's could be a old fashioned run game/defense type of matchup which would favor Gore.  

Plus Gore is at home.

Teams that are accustomed to winning that get embarrassed tend to come out PO'ed and can put up a lot of points. Teams that arn't accustomed to winning will roll over. But the Pats are still accustomed to winning.

Pat's arn't what they used to be but the media is overreacting to one bad loss in KC. Pats are at home and they where embarrassed and they want to show the world it's a fluke.

I think the Chargers are the safer play. Jets always suck on offense. I don't look personally look for the good defense so much as I look for the terrible offense that they are playing against.

This is true but my thinking is the Pats are 2-2, and in those wins they struggled to put up points against bad teams. Brady only has 1 td per game and the Bengals D is in par with KC's, imo better. The Bengals have had multiple turnovers every game and have only allowed 16 pts at most.

Chargers also have a turnover a game but the Jets have put up points against Good teams. Which D is more capable of taking those turnovers and turning then into TD's?

Since I have already done this transaction, I'm going to give you all some advice for your other leagues, besides our Forum ones.. (which usually I never do, cause I'm wrong just as much as I am right).

Especially, if you are in need of a consistent point getter, that should become tops in his position from next week on, pick up Matt Prater, Denver's kicker immediately, before the shows remind people this weekend. . He was dropped by a lot of teams when it was announced that he was suspended for the first 4 games. He has to sit this last game this weekend, but after that, he should be one of the top kickers, given that he plays on Denver, they score a lot of points, and with the altitude in Denver, he kicks the most 50+ FGs If you don't pick him up this week, chances are he won't be there come waiver time next week. Like I said, a lot of people have forgotten about this, and he's only on 26 percent of yahoo teams as of right now.Another reason, is that Denver has already had their bye week, so you won't have to worry about having to change him out.

You'll thank me later if you do this move, if possible..

Good luck!

(Sorry Joe's league, I already picked him up)

Ok here is one from me.  Zack Stacy @ Eagles or Frank Gore vs. Chiefs?

Right now I'm leading towards Gore.  Eagles offense is powerful and may jump out to big league leaving the Rams slinging the ball and not giving it to Stacy.  

Chiefs/49er's could be a old fashioned run game/defense type of matchup which would favor Gore.  

Plus Gore is at home.

Go with your gut and take Gore here. The 49ers are a consistent ground and pound offense that will normally give you good production with the rbs. Zac Stacy can get you some solid yds, but the offense is anemic and I wouldn't touch them. San Fran will also be battling to get back to a winning record. Use Gore.

Teams that are accustomed to winning that get embarrassed tend to come out PO'ed and can put up a lot of points.  Teams that arn't accustomed to winning will roll over.  But the Pats are still accustomed to winning.

Pat's arn't what they used to be but the media is overreacting to one bad loss in KC.  Pats are at home and they where embarrassed and they want to show the world it's a fluke.  

I think the Chargers are the safer play.  Jets always suck on offense.  I don't look personally look for the good defense so much as I look for the terrible offense that they are playing against.  

The reason I would take the Bengals defense is that the Chargers def is decimated with injuries. Their LB core is beat up bad, and their CB's are hurting as well. With Kyle Orton starting over Manuel, I can easily see Buffalo beating the Chargers this week. The Bengals are a consistent Defense that are against a terrible Pats offense right now with no O-Line. Go with the Bengals.

Since I have already done this transaction, I'm going to give you all some advice for your other leagues, besides our Forum ones.. (which usually I never do, cause I'm wrong just as much as I am right).

Especially, if you are in need of a consistent point getter, that should become tops in his position from next week on, pick up Matt Prater, Denver's kicker immediately, before the shows remind people this weekend. . He was dropped by a lot of teams when it was announced that he was suspended for the first 4 games. He has to sit this last game this weekend, but after that, he should be one of the top kickers, given that he plays on Denver, they score a lot of points, and with the altitude in Denver, he kicks the most 50+ FGs If you don't pick him up this week, chances are he won't be there come waiver time next week. Like I said, a lot of people have forgotten about this, and he's only on 26 percent of yahoo teams as of right now.Another reason, is that Denver has already had their bye week, so you won't have to worry about having to change him out.

You'll thank me later if you do this move, if possible..

Good luck!

(Sorry Joe's league, I already picked him up)

Thanks TY! Will do that in all leagues.

This is true but my thinking is the Pats are 2-2, and in those wins they struggled to put up points against bad teams. Brady only has 1 td per game and the Bengals D is in par with KC's, imo better. The Bengals have had multiple turnovers every game and have only allowed 16 pts at most.

Chargers also have a turnover a game but the Jets have put up points against Good teams. Which D is more capable of taking those turnovers and turning then into TD's?

Ehh defensive TD's are fluky if you ask me.  Big points if you get them but I don't think you can count on them.  

It's risky but I wouldn't even start seattle's defense against the Patriots at home this week.  That's just me though.

Unfortunately the best defense to take this week (Green Bay) has already played.  I played it in one of my leagues but I'm wishing I played it in the other.  Between Green Bay Defense and Eddy Lacy I would have had 50 points in that league already off of just 1 RB and a defense.   

The reason I would take the Bengals defense is that the Chargers def is decimated with injuries. Their LB core is beat up bad, and their CB's are hurting as well. With Kyle Orton starting over Manuel, I can easily see Buffalo beating the Chargers this week. The Bengals are a consistent Defense that are against a terrible Pats offense right now with no O-Line. Go with the Bengals.

Wait a sec, I'm confused.  Are the Chargers playing the Jets or are they playing the Bills?  

Narcosys has them playing the Jets, but you are talking about the Bills.

I wouldn't take them if they are going against the Bills.  

Bengals D @ pats

Or

Chargers D vs. Jets.

Right now I'm going with the Bengals

I have a similar dilemma in a different league:

San Fran D vs Chiefs

or Bengals' D on the road vs Pats

I am thinking that because the San Fran D stops the D very well and are at home and coming off a big home win vs the Eagles, the momentum is a bit more in their favor than a Bengals' D coming off a bye week.

I still expect Brady to turn the ball over less and even if he scores just 17 points and loses 17-31, he would not give too much for the D to feast on, I feel. Home cooking normally bodes better for defensive points unless the home team is a bottom dweller, in general.

Thoughts???

I have a similar dilemma in a different league:

San Fran D vs Chiefs

or Bengals' D on the road vs Pats

I am thinking that because the San Fran D stops the D very well and are at home and coming off a big home win vs the Eagles, the momentum is a bit more in their favor than a Bengals' D coming off a bye week.

I still expect Brady to turn the ball over less and even if he scores just 17 points and loses 17-31, he would not give too much for the D to feast on, I feel. Home cooking normally bodes better for defenses, in general.

Thoughts???

Bengals D...Their D is solid all around..Brady is not a mobile as he once was, his O-Line is worse, and he's been way off target lately. I'm thinking at least 4 sacks, a fumble, and 2 int's...Plus, the Bengals are now a ball control team, with Bernard eating a lot of clock, and Dalton has all the weapons on Offense to sustain long, time consuming drives..

Chiefs have Charles back and healthy..Avery is out, but that's not that big a loss, they have a really good TE, and if Bowe has a good game, I see long drives, like they did against the Colts last year. Plus, if De'Anthony Thomas is back, I see great field position all day long, and Kaep is known for turnovers, so the Chiefs might be playing in SF territory a lot this weekend..

Only my opinion, but Cincy D is one of, if not the best, and I wouldn't bench them against anyone, even Peyton..

JMHO

Wait a sec, I'm confused. Are the Chargers playing the Jets or are they playing the Bills?

Narcosys has them playing the Jets, but you are talking about the Bills.

I wouldn't take them if they are going against the Bills.

It's the Jets. Sunday at 325

Standard scoring. Need someone for my Flex:

Montee Ball vs Arizona

Sammy Watkins vs Detroit

Anquan Boldin vs KC

I'd say Ball is the safest pick.  Watkins has boom or bust potential.  You don't know how well his connection with Orton is going to be.  

I don't like Boldin much.  He's the #2 receiver on a team that likes to run the ball.  

Someone wants my jamaal Charles bad. Just offered me matt asiata and aj. Green for him. But here's my roster:

qb: Newton and E. Manning

Rb: Charles, bradshaw, bell, K. Robinson

Wr: Bryant, royal, fitz, Wright, A.Hawkins

TE: J. Thomas, M. Bennet

D: Bengals, Texans

K: J. Tucker.

His roster

Qb: Wilson

Rb: McCoy, asiata, ball, Ivory

Wr: green, K. Benjamin, edelman, garçon, tate, Nicks, M. Jones, Beckham jr

Te: Whitten

D: Saints

K. Bailey

Now I know I have bradshaw who is ranked 3rd in my ppr league but i think Charles will be the best back when all said and done. Other than that I don't think I have anyone impressive to use behind bradshaw as my #2 back. I know I'm getting asiata but I just don't trust him to be a good Fantasy option consistently or down the road. Now I know what you may be thinking, I'm making up for that loss in rb by getting a good fantasy wr in AJ. Green.

The thing is, I don't feel i need help in this area and that I'm pretty set. I've got Dez who is great and then behind him both Eddie royal AND Andrew Hawkins who are 10th and 31st (cause of bye week, 16, 13, 15 pts in 3 games). Then a decent backup in Kendall Wright and Fitz.

But I am constantly playing my two TE's as they are dominating each week. Especially Bennet so I only need two WR.

Trade analyzers will obviously say that the trade is great because they have had 4 weeks of playing where Charles had not. But he did just have a 32 pt game for me last week and could be a trade that will be bad in the end.

What do you guys think, accept, counter offer, deny?

Someone wants my jamaal Charles bad. Just offered me matt asiata and aj. Green for him. But here's my roster:

His roster

K. Bailey

Now I know I have bradshaw who is ranked 3rd in my ppr league but i think Charles will be the best back when all said and done. Other than that I don't think I have anyone impressive to use behind bradshaw as my #2 back. I know I'm getting asiata but I just don't trust him to be a good Fantasy option consistently or down the road. Now I know what you may be thinking, I'm making up for that loss in rb by getting a good fantasy wr in AJ. Green.

The thing is, I don't feel i need help in this area and that I'm pretty set. I've got Dez who is great and then behind him both Eddie royal AND Andrew Hawkins who are 10th and 31st (cause of bye week, 16, 13, 15 pts in 3 games). Then a decent backup in Kendall Wright and Fitz.

But I am constantly playing my two TE's as they are dominating each week. Especially Bennet so I only need two WR.

Trade analyzers will obviously say that the trade is great because they have had 4 weeks of playing where Charles had not. But he did just have a 32 pt game for me last week and could be a trade that will be bad in the end.

Nope...keep what you have...

Because in return your getting a top 3 Wr in a league that awards .5 point per catch.

Actually, it's 1 point. And he isn't top 3 that would be Nelson, Brown, and Jones. Given that he was injured, Idk if he would be up near top 3 in receptions even if he played that game. The problem is, receiver isn't a need for me. The points I gain from aj green over royal or Hawkins may not be more than the points I lose from Charles and asiata. Asiata is inconsistent, albeit so is Charles right now. But Charles is a #1 rb, asiata is unproven.

Here is my question:

My strong gut feeling is that with 10 touches, LeGarette Blount would do just as much, if not more than Trent Richardson vs the Ravens even if Trent got 20 touches.

Would you play Blount at the Jaguars over Richardson vs the Ravens? This is a tough call but the aspect of a blowout seems to be high vs the Jaguars but then the Steelers who lost to Mike Glennon do scare me with the fact that they will keep the game close with the Jags which means no blowout which means less touches for Blount.

Actually, it's 1 point. And he isn't top 3 that would be Nelson, Brown, and Jones. Given that he was injured, Idk if he would be up near top 3 in receptions even if he played that game. The problem is, receiver isn't a need for me. The points I gain from aj green over royal or Hawkins may not be more than the points I lose from Charles and asiata. Asiata is inconsistent, albeit so is Charles right now. But Charles is a #1 rb, asiata is unproven.

Green has 12 catches for 233 yards and a TD in 2 games. Remember he left his 2nd game on the opening drive and never returned. For all intents and purposes, he's only played 2 games.

And Green and Asiata was just my opener, we can still negotiate. Maybe you value Montee Ball over Asiata? Lead back in arguably the most explosive offense in the NFL? Chris Ivory? A package of the two + Green?

Standard scoring. Need someone for my Flex:

Montee Ball vs Arizona

Sammy Watkins vs Detroit

Anquan Boldin vs KC

I'd scratch Ball off vs Arizona first.

Next, given the nature of competitive football, 49ers vs Chiefs will be more competitive due to which the run will factor in more for both teams. However, Buffalo is bound to fall behind sooner or later and Sammy Watkins will benefit from a pocket passer like Orton and will have the volume needed. I'd go Sammy Watkins.

Here is my question:

My strong gut feeling is that with 10 touches, LeGarette Blount would do just as much, if not more than Trent Richardson vs the Ravens even if Trent got 20 touches.

Would you play Blount at the Jaguars over Richardson vs the Ravens? This is a tough call but the aspect of a blowout seems to be high vs the Jaguars but then the Steelers who lost to Mike Glennon do scare me with the fact that they will keep the game close with the Jags which means no blowout which means less touches for Blount.

I'd take Blout vs the Jags.  Even T-Rich was running good against them. 

I have a bad feeling that Luck is gonna throw the ball at least 50 times against the Ravens anyways.

His roster

K. Bailey

I'd counter and ask for McCoy and someone else.  You might even win out with Ball & AJ Green for Charles. 

But what he's offering you now is not enough.

I'd counter and ask for McCoy and someone else. You might even win out with Ball & AJ Green for Charles.

But what he's offering you now is not enough.

It was just an opening offer. Ball Ivory and green possibly?

It's a matter of If they add more over what I have and the points don't add up.

Also check out the 4 players weeks 14-17 that are in the mix. Will they score points in the championship rounds