Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help with Fantasy Football? Ask here!

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't play the Lions against the Vikings.  Bridgewater is suppose to be back and their offense looked pretty good with him under center in the short time he did play.  Until we have a better idea of what Bridgewater can do, I'd stay away from that one.  

The other three are pretty equal in my book.  I might go with the Colts D at the Texans because it's a short week (short weeks often lead to blowouts) and they are starting Fitzpatrick.  Might lead to some turnovers. But I don't think the other two are bad plays.

Probably a bad call on my part on the Indy D.  I havn't looked up their points but I don't expect them to be very high.

On the other hand, all of the easy plays against teams that are completely offensively inept where not there.  (But I had that problem with my two teams as well.)

Edit: Nevermind, Colts D got 15 points, which isn't great but it's pretty good.

Starting TE for PPR league.

Owen Daniels @ TB or Jordan Reed @ Arizona??  Rotoworld says Jordan Reed is expected to start.

Both have given up a lot of fantasy points to TE's.  

I feel like Owen Daniels is the safer option but Reed has a good chance of breaking out and scoring a lot of points.  Especially with Patrick Peterson manning up with one of Washington's wideouts.

Mohamed Sanu, no question. AJ Green got hurt in practice, is unlikely to play.

So Martellus Bennett @Atl or Kendall Wright vs Jax.

Now keep in mind Bennet is the number one TE. I have Julius Thomas playing at TE, so this is my flex.

Bennet had a bad game last week but his last 4 games were 22, 22, 16, 21 in this ppr league.

Wright had a huge 26 pt game last week and has a favorable matchup against the jags this week. But his previous games are 8, 9, 6, 16. So he is a boom or bust guy considering it's ppr.

So Martellus Bennett @Atl or Kendall Wright vs Jax.

Now keep in mind Bennet is the number one TE. I have Julius Thomas playing at TE, so this is my flex.

Bennet had a bad game last week but his last 4 games were 22, 22, 16, 21 in this ppr league.

Wright had a huge 26 pt game last week and has a favorable matchup against the jags this week. But his previous games are 8, 9, 6, 16. So he is a boom or bust guy considering it's ppr.

I'm saying Sanu is going to see alot of targets with AJ Green out.  So I would play him. 

I wouldn't play a TE.  They rarely see WR#1 or WR#2 number of targets.  Only a few teams, Pats and Saints come to mind does their TE see WR number of targets.  Panthers to some extent because their WR's are all new and Greg Olsen was the only player left on the roster that had actually caught a pass from Cam Newton before.

I think I would likely go with Wright against Jax.  Although the risk there is the QB.  

I'm saying Sanu is going to see alot of targets with AJ Green out. So I would play him. I wouldn't play Wright because of his QB, although Jacksonville is a favorable matchup.

I wouldn't play a TE. They rarely see WR#1 or WR#2 number of targets. Only a few teams, Pats and Saints come to mind does their TE see WR number of targets. Panthers to some extent because their WR's are all new and Greg Olsen was the only player left on the roster that had actually caught a pass from Cam Newton before.

But the thing is, Bennet is getting wr 2 if not 1 numbers (8, 7, 5, 9 receptions), so is Julius Thomas. I got sanu as my wr2 and Dez Bryant as my 1. Bennet is doing better, points wise, than most WR that's why I've been playing him on my flex. Again he's the #1 TE in fantasy right now.

I'm only making this case cause it seems you may not be following Bennet very well.

But the thing is, Bennet is getting wr 2 if not 1 numbers (8, 7, 5, 9 receptions), so is Julius Thomas. I got sanu as my wr2 and Dez Bryant as my 1. Bennet is doing better, points wise, than most WR that's why I've been playing him on my flex. Again he's the #1 TE in fantasy right now.

I'm only making this case cause it seems you may not be following Bennet very well.

That's true I've not followed him closely.  If you think he's your guy then go for it.  

Who should I start?

Need 2 RBs, 2 WRs and a FLEX (RB, WR).

Eddie Lacy @ Miami

Andre Ellington vs Washington

Knowshon Moreno vs Green Bay

Storm Johnson @ Tennessee

Jeremy Maclin vs New York Giants

Michael Floyd vs Washington

Brian Quick vs San Francisco

Andre Holmes vs San Diego

Justin Hunter vs Jacksonville

Who should I start?

Need 2 RBs, 2 WRs and a FLEX (RB, WR).

Eddie Lacy @ Miami

Andre Ellington vs Washington

Knowshon Moreno vs Green Bay

Storm Johnson @ Tennessee

Jeremy Maclin vs New York Giants

Michael Floyd vs Washington

Brian Quick vs San Francisco

Andre Holmes vs San Diego

Justin Hunter vs Jacksonville

Eddie lacy and Andre Ellington easily

I would say Michael Floyd and Jeremy Maclin

Brian Quick as flex

I drafted Jimmy Graham in the first round and he's been a complete dud all year. Now, with his injury, is it time to let him go and trade him away? My current tight end is Owen Daniels since Graham is on a bye. If I should trade him, what should I look to get in return?

I would stick with him. There are very few elite fantasy TEs. He could still very well win you a championship.

I would stick with him. There are very few elite fantasy TEs. He could still very well win you a championship.

He hasn't been elite this year.  He's been very average.  Take out the Cleveland game and he's averaging 7.45 points per week.

Is it time to let Jimmy Graham and Cordarrelle Patterson go?

He hasn't been elite this year.  He's been very average.  Take out the Cleveland game and he's averaging 7.45 points per week.

Is it time to let Jimmy Graham and Cordarrelle Patterson go?

Yes he has been average and he's going to be out for the next few weeks but I still wouldn't trade him. He's too good.

I'm curious to see what everyone else has to say.

Yes he has been average and he's going to be out for the next few weeks but I still wouldn't trade him. He's too good.

I'm curious to see what everyone else has to say.

Depends on what you can get for him.  I'd be a little hesitant to drop him outright.

What kind of TE's are on the waiver wire?

If you are just going to scrap him you may want to look for a team with 2 decent TE's and try to trade for one of those 2 TE's in the hopes that because they have depth they would be willing to take the risk on Graham.

I'm not sure if there is any value on Patterson at this point.  

Should I drop Michael Floyd/Pierre Garcon/Khiry Robinson for Shane Vereen or Ronnie Hillman ???

RBs on my roster as of now:

Lesean McCoy (bye this week)

Gio Bernard

Khiry Robinson

Montee Ball

Mark Ingram

WRs:

Dez Bryant

Randall Cobb

Mohammed Sanu

Pierre Garcon

Michael Floyd

Should I drop Michael Floyd/Pierre Garcon/Khiry Robinson for Shane Vereen or Ronnie Hillman ???

Gio Bernard

Khiry Robinson

Montee Ball

Mark Ingram

WRs:

Dez Bryant

Randall Cobb

Mohammed Sanu

Pierre Garcon

Michael Floyd

I would say you are strong enough at RB that you don't need to do that.  

Vereen and Hillman arn't all that great of grabs.  Vereen plays for Belicheck who likes to change up his RB's as to who gets the most carries.  So you will never know if he will get any volume or not.

HIllman isn't exactly a proven fantasy producer.  

You are better off sticking with what you have.  

Gio Bernard

Khiry Robinson

Montee Ball

Mark Ingram

WRs:

Dez Bryant

Randall Cobb

Mohammed Sanu

Pierre Garcon

Michael Floyd

It wouldnt hurt to do Robinson for vereen. With ridley out for awhile he will see a signification increase in reps. He will be a good replacement for bye weeks and could be a decent flex option.

Honesty I picked him up last week and traded him this week and got lynch. It wasn't straight up but the trade benefitted us both.

Depends on what you can get for him.  I'd be a little hesitant to drop him outright.

What kind of TE's are on the waiver wire?

If you are just going to scrap him you may want to look for a team with 2 decent TE's and try to trade for one of those 2 TE's in the hopes that because they have depth they would be willing to take the risk on Graham.

I'm not sure if there is any value on Patterson at this point.  

Great thread by the way. You guys know your stuff.

The only TE I would trade Graham for is Julius Thomas. Other than that I would need a top 5 RB or WR.

I guess if I was fighting for a playoff spot I might be desperate and take less. Otherwise, I would keep him, take the chance that he becomes healthy and then ride him to the championship.

Great thread by the way. You guys know your stuff.

The only TE I would trade Graham for is Julius Thomas. Other than that I would need a top 5 RB or WR.

I guess if I was fighting for a playoff spot I might be desperate and take less. Otherwise, I would keep him, take the chance that he becomes healthy and then ride him to the championship.

I don't think enough people analyze their trades. They just see name's and don't put it with their current roster. I had some instances where people were wanting a rb from me but would give me a big name receiver like aj green. Which would pair great with dez Bryant but I want hurting at receiver. Even tho I didn't have a big name wr#2 I had Martellus Bennett and Julius Thomas playing in my TE and flex positions. Rb was where I was hurting so i couldn't make the trade.

However recently I was able to make a trade off Bennet and vereen for lynch and Jared cook. Vereen is not going to be that much of a point difference than lynch, maybe 6-10. But he is getting a 10+ point gain over the two TE's he had. So he gains. Great thing for me is i have Thomas who is passed his bye and so is lynch so I have no worries there. But vereen and bennet have not. Lynch will be my second rb and I can move bradshaw to flex which is a great position for him.

That's the biggest thing i stress about trades is analyze your need and if it compliments your roster.

Who Should I Start?

Need 2 RBs, 2WRs and 1 FLEX (RB or WR).

Andre Ellington @ OAK

Jerick McKinnon @ BUF

Jonathan Stewart @ GB

Brandon Bolden vs NYJ

Andre Holmes vs ARI

Michael Floyd @ OAK

Brian Quick vs SEA

Andre Ellington

Jerrick mckinnon

Brian quick

Michael Floyd

Andre holmes

In regards to Randle or Garcon... I think it's a wash, but I think Randle is the safer option. Don't you? I feel like he will get alot more targets than Garcon.

Randle hasn't done a lot as yet and the Giants have Odell Beckham that they drafted in the first round.  I'd still take Garcon.  I have Randle in one of my fantasy leagues, I'm mostly stashing him in case he does something, but he hasn't done anything yet.  If someone offered me Garcon for Randle straight up I'd take that trade.

Comparison of stats:

Garcon has 2 TDs, Receiving yards (from most recent to beginning of season) of 31,23,28,138,12,77. He has 47 targets and 30 catches in total. The last 3 games he has had 15 targets with 8 catches.

Randle has 2TDs. Receiving yards (from most recent to beginning of season) of 58,33,89,27,39,1. He has 49 targets and 28 catches. The last 3 games, he has had 29 targets with 17 catches.

I just think Randle is going to get a boatload more targets and catches. I tend to look at the most recent games as a trend. With DJax, Roberts and Jordan Reed... its almost like Garcon is the 3rd/4th option.

I am just thinking outloud.

Comparison of stats:

Garcon has 2 TDs, Receiving yards (from most recent to beginning of season) of 31,23,28,138,12,77. He has 47 targets and 30 catches in total. The last 3 games he has had 15 targets with 8 catches.

Randle has 2TDs. Receiving yards (from most recent to beginning of season) of 58,33,89,27,39,1. He has 49 targets and 28 catches. The last 3 games, he has had 29 targets with 17 catches.

I just think Randle is going to get a boatload more targets and catches. I tend to look at the most recent games as a trend. With DJax, Roberts and Jordan Reed... its almost like Garcon is the 3rd/4th option.

I am just thinking outloud.

The potential is there but I don't tend to drop proven producers for potential until I start seeing actual results.  

Now in the leagues I play in, you can't always get a proven good producer off the waiver wire for your bench and that's the reason I picked up Randle.  But I don't think I'd dump Garcon for him.  At least not yet.

Granted Garcon hasn't been a big producer yet.  He has more history of it then Randle.

The potential is there but I don't tend to drop proven producers for potential until I start seeing actual results.  

Now in the leagues I play in, you can't always get a proven good producer off the waiver wire for your bench and that's the reason I picked up Randle.  But I don't think I'd dump Garcon for him.  At least not yet.

Granted Garcon hasn't been a big producer yet.  He has more history of it then Randle.

Went out on a hunch and dropped Michael Floyd. He has yet to start over Dez, Cobb, Garcon, etc.. so I figured I could take a flyer on Randle.

Michael Floyd will have 8 catches for 399 yards this week.

Went out on a hunch and dropped Michael Floyd. He has yet to start over Dez, Cobb, Garcon, etc.. so I figured I could take a flyer on Randle.

Michael Floyd will have 8 catches for 399 yards this week.

Ugg I know how that goes.  I just benched Stafford for Palmer because Stafford is sans Megatron for a bit.  I just know somehow he's gonna throw for 400 yards and 5 TD's while he's on the bench.  

Which defense to start/pick up:

Chargers (my current defense) vs. KC (next 4 games: @ Denver, @ Miami, vs. Oakland, vs. St. Louis)

Colts vs. Cincy (next 4 games: @ Pittsburgh, @ New York Giants, vs. New England, vs. Jacksonville)

Cincy @ Indy (next 4 games: vs. Ravens, vs. Jaguars, vs. Browns, @ Saints)

I can stream a defense (I love what Cincy is facing the next few weeks), so that's an option too.  Indy's defense has been playing some solid football the last few weeks, but I don't like their upcoming schedule after Cincy