TE: Elite

OL: Average

DL: Elite

LB: Elite

DB: Elite

K/P: Elite

Head Coach: Elite

Offensive Coordinator: Average

Defensive Coordinator: Elite (Based on preseason play calling this far. Love the aggression)

:colts:

Funky rating scale you got there but I'll use it

QB: Elite

RB: Average

FB: Below Average

WR: Elite

Defensive Coordinator: Elite (Based on preseason play calling this far. Love the aggression)

Tight Ends aren't Elite yetttt. Fleener And Allen have both struggled so far this year. Fleener only had a decent to good year last year. Allen played great his 1st year though.

Also defensive coordinator is for sure not elite.. Average at best!! Only have played well in 2 PRESEASON games... Although his play calling has gotten more aggressive.

Everything else I can agree with!

Love the Optimism, but our DB's are pretty bad compared to the rest of the league, I'd say average at best. Also would go above average on the defensive line until next week. If they hold their own against the Saints, I'll move them up to Elite. I love our LB's, we could be top 5 there. The rest speaks for itself, though I think Pep is learning his lesson and leaning more towards a pass heavy offense, so I'll go above average there.

Love the Optimism, but our DB's are pretty bad compared to the rest of the league, I'd say average at best. Also would go above average on the defensive line until next week. If they hold their own against the Saints, I'll move them up to Elite. I love our LB's, we could be top 5 there. The rest speaks for itself, though I think Pep is learning his lesson and leaning more towards a pass heavy offense, so I'll go above average there.

Above average wasn't a option. I did my ratings based on the 3 options the op gave me

And our secondary is a lot better than you're giving them credit for

Above average wasn't a option. I did my ratings based on the 3 options the op gave me

And our secondary is a lot better than you're giving them credit for

Our CB's are fine, but our Safeties are very weak. Also didn't notice you are only grading on 3 options, makes it hard to grade properly. 

Our CB's are fine, but our Safeties are very weak. Also didn't notice you are only grading on 3 options, makes it hard to grade properly.

Just took what the OP gave me, that's all

And like I said, I can name 10 teams that have a weaker secondary than we do off the top of my head

1. Giants

2. Cowboys

3. Eagles

4. 49ers (Don't let their pass rush fool you, that secondary isn't too good)

5. Texans

6. Titans

7. Falcons

8. Panthers

9. Lions

10. Vikings

I'll take our secondary over all of theirs. Cause when healthy, our secondary is easily Top 15 at the least

And if Vontae prepares to face Tom Brady every week like he did when we played Peyton, we could be Top 10

And like I said, I can name 10 teams that have a weaker secondary than we do off the top of my head

1. Giants

2. Cowboys

3. Eagles

5. Texans

6. Titans

7. Falcons

8. Panthers

9. Lions

10. Vikings

I'll take our secondary over all of theirs. Cause when healthy, our secondary is easily Top 15 at the least

And if Vontae prepares to face Tom Brady every week like he did when we played Peyton, we could be Top 10

Stopped reading when I saw Giants.

Stopped reading when I saw Giants.

They have DRC, that's it. Prince is always hurt & I don't even know who the safeties are

And Thurmond from Seattle isn't gonna be anywhere near how he was in Seattle cause the gap between Seattle's pass rush and New York's is pretty big

Our CB's are not average at best. You can argue about Landry and Adams(my guess)  all you want but that back end is not "pretty bad" compared to the rest of the league, A top 10 CB and one of the best nickel CB alone makes us better than a lot of the league.

You think Pep is learning so you go above average there? I think he needs to prove it first. I guess I don't follow your logic. The proven players are bad but the guy who is trying to get his head out where he can see is above average????

1. Giants

2. Cowboys

3. Eagles

5. Texans

6. Titans

7. Falcons

8. Panthers

9. Lions

10. Vikings

Can't disagree on that, I haven't been able to see the Colts live here in Colorado during the preseason, so I'm looking for the replays. Very curious on the Safeties that will start. I will admit Toler is winning me over, it's all about health though. I just haven't seen the secondary play much, so I'm a bit skeptical. Our big test will be against the Saints coming up when Brees plays. 

They have DRC, that's it. Prince is always hurt & I don't even know who the safeties are

And Thurmond from Seattle isn't gonna be anywhere near how he was in Seattle cause the gap between Seattle's pass rush and New York's is pretty big

We don't even know who our safeties are either.  Landry and ???

I agree, our CBs are good with Vontea getting a B+.

Can't disagree on that, I haven't been able to see the Colts live here in Colorado during the preseason, so I'm looking for the replays. Very curious on the Safeties that will start. I will admit Toler is winning me over, it's all about health though. I just haven't seen the secondary play much, so I'm a bit skeptical. Our big test will be against the Saints coming up when Brees plays. 

Toler was winning me over too, until Cruz ran by him like he was standing still.

Will Hill....oops

Our CB's are not average at best. You can argue about Landry and Adams(my guess)  all you want but that back end is not "pretty bad" compared to the rest of the league, A top 10 CB and one of the best nickel CB alone makes us better than a lot of the league.

You think Pep is learning so you go above average there? I think he needs to prove it first. I guess I don't follow your logic. The proven players are bad but the guy who is trying to get his head out where he can see is above average????

I said the DB's are average as a unit. The Safeties are the weak point, I actually like our CB's.

You're very generous with the grading.  Outside of Mathis, where's our pass rush going to come from?  That makes our LBs above average to me rather than elite.  And Pagano is far from elite as a head coach.  For a defensive minded guy, our defense hasn't been that stellar the last two years.  I'm not saying he's on the hot seat, but I would put him as above average instead of elite.  There are only a handful of elite head coaches in the NFL.  I would also put DBs as good, but not elite.  Landry was pretty bad last year, Vontae is inconsistent, the other safety spot is a question mark, and Toler is injury prone.

LOL - I love coming here sometimes.

You're very generous with the grading. Outside of Mathis, where's our pass rush going to come from? That makes our LBs above average to me rather than elite. And Pagano is far from elite as a head coach. For a defensive minded guy, our defense hasn't been that stellar the last two years. I'm not saying he's on the hot seat, but I would put him as above average instead of elite. There are only a handful of elite head coaches in the NFL. I would also put DBs as good, but not elite. Landry was pretty bad last year, Vontae is inconsistent, the other safety spot is a question mark, and Toler is injury prone.

Once again...... I simply used the grading scale the OP gave. 3 grading options, I used the 3

You're basing giving all of our defensive personnel a rating of elite based on two pre-season games?     Where the starters haven't even played a half yet?

In another post you say our DB's are in the top-15.....    since when is the top half of the league considered elite?

These units aren't elite until they perform well in the regular season.....  

You're basing giving all of our defensive personnel a rating of elite based on two pre-season games? Where the starters haven't even played a half yet?

In another post you say our DB's are in the top-15..... since when is the top half of the league considered elite?

These units aren't elite until they perform well in the regular season.....

FOR THE 100TH and final time...... I used the scale the OP gave!

The options were

Elite

Average

Below Average

Our secondary isn't average, so I gave them elite. Same goes for Defensive line & LB

I simply used the scale the OP gave.

FOR THE 100TH and final time...... I used the scale the OP gave!

The options were

Elite

Average

Below Average

Our secondary isn't average, so I gave them elite. Same goes for Defensive line & LB

I simply used the scale the OP gave.

I think people are thinking you overestimate this team. The secondary is a lot closer to average than it is to elite and no one will disagree with me. With this scale you have to round up or down to what's closest, and you're being unrealistic. 

I'm going to add "above average" and "good" to the rankings. Going from average to elite is just nuts.

QB: Good

RB: above average

WR: elite

TE: above average

OL: average

DL: above average

LB: good

DB: above average

K: above average

P: elite

HC: good

OC: average

DC: average

RB: Below average

WR: Average

TE: Average

OL: Below average

DL: Average

LB: Average

DB: Average

K: Elite

P: Elite

Not too bad, IMO. However; Wayne, Hilton, and Nicks just average? That's the only thing I strongly disagree with. I think we easily have a top 10 group of receivers.

Don't know if that's a joke, but the Giants cut Will Hill after his suspension came down. He's now with the Ravens, and has barely played in preseason.

It was a poor attempt at a joke remember everyone wanted to sign him when the Giants finally cut ties....

It was a poor attempt at a joke remember everyone wanted to sign him when the Giants finally cut ties....

Yeah, I do. He's a good player, but a knucklehead. After the way we got rid of Brazill, it's pretty obvious the team doesn't want to deal with repeat offenders if they can at all help it. 

Not too bad, IMO. However; Wayne, Hilton, and Nicks just average? That's the only thing I strongly disagree with. I think we easily have a top 10 group of receivers.

Yeah, obviously. 

I also disagree with the OL, but they have to prove me right over the course of the season. Once Holmes and Mewhort get back out there, I think our OL will be much, much improved.

And the DL and LB corps, I think, are going to be strengths for our team also. 

Yeah, I do. He's a good player, but a knucklehead. After the way we got rid of Brazill, it's pretty obvious the team doesn't want to deal with repeat offenders if they can at all help it. 

And our quick dismissal of our volunteer fire fighter Chris Rainey. A fire extinguisher hoax at a pro camp what a big brain on Chris. 

Tight Ends aren't Elite yetttt. Fleener And Allen have both struggled so far this year. Fleener only had a decent to good year last year. Allen played great his 1st year though.

Also defensive coordinator is for sure not elite.. Average at best!! Only have played well in 2 PRESEASON games... Although his play calling has gotten more aggressive.

Everything else I can agree with!

I agree with you on Fleener and Allen hopefully one or both will get there but not yet. 

If your talking about Matthis at DE then I agree with that. 

How would you put this talent level with the 2005 team?