Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Revis News

dw49

From Rotoworld……

Jeremy Maclin has been "toasting" Darrelle Revis during 1-on-1 work at this week's joint practices.

To be fair, beat man Jeff McLane admits Revis doesn't appear to be going 100 percent. But it's still notable that Maclin is winning this battle, especially considering he's only 12 months removed from an ACL tear. On Tuesday, Maclin drew three flags on Revis and beat him deep for a touchdown. It was more of the same early in Wednesday's session. Clearly healthy, Maclin has WR2 upside as a key piece of Chip Kelly's plan to replace DeSean Jackson.

Caught that in yesterday's camp notes. There was a follow-up today:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4766165/checking-speed-limit-on-revis-island

Revis used to have trouble with a small handful of guys, one of them was Stevie Johnson. I wonder if Maclin for whatever reason has the same type of physical traits and abilities. 

ACL injury to TB = a lot to prove I got blasted for saying it when NE signed him but let's see what Revis has left in the tank before we go crowning him king of the CB's

He played last year and was still at worst the 2nd best CB in the NFL. Don't really know what else he has to prove.

Am I incredibly biased if I would take Vontae on our deal than Revis at his deal? I don't think Revis is that much, if at all better than Davis at this stage.

Yes, you are, for two reasons:

1.  Revis is the best CB in the game.  He was the best last year based on his stats, even recovering from ACL surgery. 

2.  Doesn't Vontae have hamstring issues?  I know he missed 6 games two years ago, although he did play all 16 games last year.

Yes, you are, for two reasons:

1.  Revis is the best CB in the game.  He was the best last year based on his stats, even recovering from ACL surgery. 

2.  Doesn't Vontae have hamstring issues?  I know he missed 6 games two years ago, although he did play all 16 games last year.

I don't think Revis is better than Richard Sherman. In New York? For sure, but he didn't play quite that well in Tampa Bay, and while yes, he is a for sure top 5 corner regardless, I think you can make arguments for players such as Joe Haden, Patrick Peterson, and Vontae Davis matched or came close the level of play Revis had in Tampa when all were healthy. I am just not going to assume New York Revis is a sure thing to come back especially after a torn ACL. 

And yes, Davis had a hamstring issue 2 years ago, and that may be what kept him out of a few TC practices? Not sure if that was different, but he was fine and healthy for the most part this past season and he played great. Peterson and Sherman aren't worth that much more than what Vontae got on the open market imo. 

Uh, Revis had played all of last year after the ACL injury. History tells us that it takes a full season to recover. He says that he feels the best he ever has, and has looked great in practice . I've seen him twice so far at TC, and he's picked Brady off, and is moving smoothly.

I be the IS taking it easy against Maclin, as reported.

Uh, Revis had played all of last year after the ACL injury. History tells us that it takes a full season to recover. He says that he feels the best he ever has, and has looked great in practice . I've seen him twice so far at TC, and he's picked Brady off, and is moving smoothly.

I be the IS taking it easy against Maclin, as reported.

I understand he played all of last season, but it wasn't as good as he was in New York. Will he get back to that? Maybe, maybe not.  Thats great that he has been looking good in practice, but i need to see it in a game first, ACL's can always effect someone the rest of his career, you just never know. 

tied for 3rd

1. Sherman

2. Peterson

3. Revis/Hayden

5. Davis

I am not saying Revis isn't a top 5 player, but he wasn't so good to say he was 2nd at worst

I wouldnt have Haden on my top 5. Switch Peterson with Revis, the 3rd spot to Brent Grimes, 4th/5th to Peterson/Davis.

Got to see Vontae Davis at least twice a year while he was in Miami for three full seasons. He's a decent corner but he's not in the same category as Revis, Sherman, Hayden, or Peterson.

Apparently you haven't watched him in Indy, because he is much better here than he was in Miami and as far as corner skills and specifically 1 on 1, which is what he does the majority of the time, he is absolutely in the same category as them imo.

I have no clue how to read that, is it saying Vontae was the 2nd best corner according to the numbers? Or is that just in random order.

You can ignore the number grades. Those are just subjective rankings. I was more or less pointing out the stats on the right hand side like yards, completion%, ect...

Revis is still Revis and practice is still practice. I will say the new emphasis on contact make it tough to guard these super fast receivers when you can't get your hands all over them. All corners are going to have to adjust....Macklin would give anyone fits right now imo. Revis is very cerebral and has excellent technique and ability...he will adjust and be just fine. He may not be total lights out shut down Revis Island anymore but he is still elite...and not someone I would want to test if I can go the other way. All corners get burnt...its the nature of the business....he still will make his share of plays if qbs test him.

Revis news

Proof that having a mediocre year where you do nothing in Tampa automatically makes you a top 3 defensive player once you go to the Patriots, cause everyone that goes to New England is great again.

Cannot wait to see them go 14-2 with that cake walk schedule and then his blown coverage in the playoffs cost them a game against the Jets or some other wild card team that no one expects to win.

New England's defense has been ranked 26th or lower in the past 4 seasons. I don't care if Revis is Rod Woodson reincarnated, that defense needs serious adjustments, has been in dire needs of improvement for years now. One guy isn't going to fix all of that, the Bucs tried that and you see how it worked for them with Revis. Luckily, when you get one of the weakest schedules in the league every year (despite winning the division which is also a joke outside of the Jets who play NE like it's their Super Bowl) you can win 12+ games every year.

Bogie, funny how you neglect the following facts:

Last year, the Patriots did not have the following for almost the entire season:

All Pro Wilfork

Pro Bowler Mayo

Tommy Kelly

Then, add:

Revis

Browner

And somehow this defense won't be that good?

And it's amusing that you talk about cakewalk schedules. Until 2-3 years ago, the NFC West and South were cakewalks. The AFC South is a cakewalk.

My only opinion is Revis is considered the #1 corner in the league based on what he did in New York pre torn-ACL than what he did in Tampa. Its highly debatable imo who the top 5 corners is, and imo, Revis is not THAT much better than Vontae Davis. is he better? I would say so, but they are in the same class of top 5 corners imo. 

My only opinion is Revis is considered the #1 corner in the league based on what he did in New York pre torn-ACL than what he did in Tampa. Its highly debatable imo who the top 5 corners is, and imo, Revis is not THAT much better than Vontae Davis. is he better? I would say so, but they are in the same class of top 5 corners imo. 

Both NY and TB. His stats back him up as top CB in the game.