Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos LB Trevethan to miss 6-8 week

oldunclemark

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fractured a bone in his leg at practice Tuesday....

....surely wont play against Colts or Seattle.

Its big..especially if Von Miller cant go early...

Danny Trevethan is Denver's fastest linebacker

Yeah he can be big for them sometimes, I'm not sure if people see that yet

The thing about defense is that there are some critical levels of D that need to be healthy the most.

It is safe to say that if you have 2 out of the 3 levels - DLs, LBs, Secondary healthy, you stand a good chance vs elite teams.

When you have injuries to key playmakers at every level - DL, LB and secondary, that is when you have serious issues. With the Colts, having Freeney and Bob Sanders healthy helped us during our SB run. Freeney not being healthy hurt us in 2007 & 2009 on D. Sanders wasn't present in 2009 either.

If the Broncos have their DL healthy and secondary healthy, major playmaking from the LB core won't be nearly as necessary, they can get by with role players as long as their O is healthy. That could probably be said of most 4-3 teams. Seattle's strength is its DL and secondary. If one of their LBs goes down, yeah it will hurt a tad bit but not as much as one of their safeties in Chancellor/Earl Thomas or one of their DLs in Bennett/Avril. 3-4 teams might be a different case, especially if their playmaking happens at the LB position, like the 49ers.

The thing about defense is that there are some critical levels of D that need to be healthy the most.

It is safe to say that if you have 2 out of the 3 levels - DLs, LBs, Secondary healthy, you stand a good chance vs elite teams.

When you have injuries to key playmakers at every level - DL, LB and secondary, that is when you have serious issues. With the Colts, having Freeney and Bob Sanders healthy helped us during our SB run. Freeney not being healthy hurt us in 2007 & 2009 on D. Sanders wasn't present in 2009 either.

If the Broncos have their DL healthy and secondary healthy, major playmaking from the LB core won't be nearly as necessary, they can get by with role players as long as their O is healthy. That could probably be said of most 4-3 teams. Seattle's strength is its DL and secondary. If one of their LBs goes down, yeah it will hurt a tad bit but not as much as one of their safeties in Chancellor/Earl Thomas or one of their DLs in Bennett/Avril. 3-4 teams might be a different case, especially if their playmaking happens at the LB position, like the 49ers.

I'm sorry but this is a big deal. Travethan was their best cover lb and led the team in tackles last year. Ward is more of a thumper than cover safety...they have no one imo capable of covering Fleener or Allen. Also while they have a really good DL....they still need guys to clean up the plays and Danny was a big factor for them. This hurts...no two ways about it....and I also doubt Miller starts against us...I don't think he is ready.

I've said all along that Denver is in for a disappointing season. Don't expect anything resembling last year.

I like half this comment. They won't resemble last year. Last year they weren't healthy in the playoffs and their defense was horrid....I think they have a much stronger OL and defense come the playoffs. I don't think they have a bye...they probably go on the road but will be battle tested with strong competition from their division, nfc west, Ind and NE....I actually think they will be a better more rounded football that is ready for the tough playoffs. Whether they get back to the SB is anyone's guess...its tough to do...so they may get dissappointed but baring injury to Peyton this team is in the playoffs...and with a well rounded crew...I wouldn't want to play them.

Seattle's secondary (and the Colts too) made Denver's receivers look like C and B grade guys.

Denver's secondary on the other hand is down right terrible. If Brady wasn't over throwing those easy bombs in the AFCCG early on, that would have been a tight game. Luck and Wilson ripped that secondary to shreds.

Their defense will be their down fall again, without them running into defenses that try to put #18 on the ground as much as possible.

Seattle's secondary (and the Colts too) made Denver's receivers look like C and B grade guys.

Denver's secondary on the other hand is down right terrible. If Brady wasn't over throwing those easy bombs in the AFCCG early on, that would have been a tight game. Luck and Wilson ripped that secondary to shreds.

Their defense will be their down fall again, without them running into defenses that try to put #18 on the ground as much as possible.

The way you're going to be able to tell that someone isn't really paying attention is: If they make comments based on the Broncos defense last season as if it means anything in relation to this year.

The defense isn't even remotely the same..6 guys who did not play in the Super Bowl will start on defense for Denver when they play Indy on Sept. 7

I've said all along that Denver is in for a disappointing season. Don't expect anything resembling last year.

Who is going to really challenge them in the AFC though outside of the Pats? I know their division will be tougher but the AFC is still very weak IMO. They will have a tough time with the NFC West but I don't see them losing to anyone but the niners and hawks. And even then they have a chance to beat those teams. I think they win 12 which will be good enough for the bye. The playoffs are anyone's guess. They lucked out last year having 60 and sunny for BOTH playoff games. Doubt that happens again.

Who is going to really challenge them in the AFC though outside of the Pats? I know their division will be tougher but the AFC is still very weak IMO. They will have a tough time with the NFC West but I don't see them losing to anyone but the niners and hawks. And even then they have a chance to beat those teams. I think they win 12 which will be good enough for the bye. The playoffs are anyone's guess. They lucked out last year having 60 and sunny for BOTH playoff games. Doubt that happens again.

Denver will be playing the AFCCG in NE if they don't fall on their face. Peyton's the QB and he has a PO history that's not good. NE in January isn't good for him.  

Denver will be playing the AFCCG in NE if they don't fall on their face. Peyton's the QB and he has a PO history that's not good. NE in January isn't good for him.

Apparently you didn't watch the last afccg. It's delusional to think pats are going bAck to the sb

I don't buy the Jets (we just saw them) Miami or Buffalo. That's a foundation that will get the Pats (barring key injuries, we have to say) a division title and home field if they can beat Denver and the Broncos dont go 3-1 against the NFC West...and that will be tough. But NE has a late stretch (I know you know) of at Indy, Detroit. at GB and at San Diego.. They need to spilt that and they'll be something like 13-3 if they beat Denver.

But its NE at Denver or Denver at NE for the AFC title

Not only is it the title game we're likely to see.

It is the title game most folks (outside of Indianpolis and Cincinnatti) want to see

Apparently you didn't watch the last afccg. It's delusional to think pats are going bAck to the sb

They got to the Championship Game with mediocre receivers and no Gronkowski. I'm pretty sure it isn't a stretch to think they can get to the Super Bowl with all the new additions they've made to their roster, including one of the top two corners in the NFL.

I don't buy the Jets (we just saw them) Miami or Buffalo. That's a foundation that will get the Pats (barring key injuries, we have to say) a division title and home field if they can beat Denver and the Broncos dont go 3-1 against the NFC West...and that will be tough. But NE has a late stretch (I know you know) of at Indy, Detroit. at GB and at San Diego.. They need to spilt that and they'll be something like 13-3 if they beat Denver.

It is the title game most folks (outside of Indianpolis and Cincinnatti) want to see

Yeah, I agree with this. Given that Denver has the tougher schedule playing the NFC West, the Pats really just have to take care of business to get that one seed. If they can somehow get it in Foxboro then I love their chances of getting back to the SB.

In terms of the division, the East is not great but all those with the exception of the Bills give the Pats fits at least in one of their two games. Both the Jets and Fins beat the Pats last year and the Jets should have won the first game for a clean sweep. So those games are always nasty but critical that the Pats win them.

Man, I just have a feeling either the Colts or an AFC North team will upset the apple cart and one of the Pats/Broncos will not be in the AFCCG.

I don't think it is a stretch by any means to predict that.

But it wasn't a stretch last year either.

and I just think Denver and NE have improved significantly in the offseason and The Colts, unfortunately, havent

But it wasn't a stretch last year either.

and I just think Denver and NE have improved significantly in the offseason and The Colts, unfortunately, havent

I do think the Ravens have closed the gap a bit and the Steelers might be improved too.

The Colts benefit more from stability on the OC and DC fronts and we have added pieces like Arthur Jones and DQwell Jackson to help with our run D and pass coverage respectively in the front 7 area. Plus, offensively, if you don't think adding Moncrief and Hakeem Nicks will make any impact and the return of a healthy Dwayne Allen, I am not sure how I can ever convince you that the Colts haven't improved.

I just think the media chooses to talk more about the Broncos and Patriots acquisitions because of their QBs, so be it; we will see at the end of the year. My bets are that one of them is not in the AFCCG.

Lucked out huh.

Why their opponents had a different weather?. 

They got to the Championship Game with mediocre receivers and no Gronkowski. I'm pretty sure it isn't a stretch to think they can get to the Super Bowl with all the new additions they've made to their roster, including one of the top two corners in the NFL.

I am banking on your team to stop them buddy :)

Colts are in the AFCCG this year.

I believe in Texans.

That makes two of us. I am not going to get my hopes too high up though, because I like being pleasantly surprised and delighted than disappointed at the end of the season. We're all hoping for good things this year down here in Texas.

That makes two of us. I am not going to get my hopes too high up though, because I like being pleasantly surprised and delighted than disappointed at the end of the season. We're all hoping for good things this year down here in Texas.

I really hope Brian Cushings stays healthy. He is the key to that defense. Romoe Crennel knows what he is doing in defense. Lets not forget his Kansas City is the only team Rodgers lost during their 15-1 regular season.

I really hope Brian Cushings stays healthy. He is the key to that defense. Romoe Crennel knows what he is doing in defense. Lets not forget his Kansas City is the only team Rodgers lost during their 15-1 regular season.

Wow I had almost forgotten about that 15-1 Packers season. Yeah Crennel knows what he is doing...the guy helped field those Patriot defenses as well during their championship years. He is a drastic improvement over Wade Blitz-the-Quarterback Phillips. And he has a lot of different toys to play with...I've been impressed with what has been going on in TC. Cush is back for the first time now, I believe he is playing in the Falcons game this weekend. I hope he stays healthy as well because we are a much better team when he is playing. Watt gets all the attention but Cushing really is the heart of the defense. Plus the guy deserves to finally catch a break.

I mean a blow to Denver, but honestly is the regular season really a worry for the Broncos? They can easily win 10 games behind Peyton. Just like New England can win 10 game behind Brady in the regular season.

If Denver can get all guys back from injury by the playoffs they'll be fine.

Denver should be better on defense overall just as a result of personnel changes. Trevathan was one of their best players down the stretch last year. It'll be tougher for them but as others have pointed out, even worst-case it looks like he'll miss 3 or 4 regular season games. Bone breaks tend to heal a lot faster and more thoroughly than soft tissue injuries (unless you're Rob Gronkowski, apparently). He'll be back soon.

Been wondering about their offense... think it will be as good as 2013? If Welker is healthy (he was not himself after that last concussion last year) that will help, obviously. I'm just not sure if there will be a drop-off from Decker to Sanders, and from Moreno to Ball. It's not like Seattle put some complicated scheme up... that was all about talent and personnel. And most teams can't come close to the 'Hawks secondary. 

So Brady and Rivers struggle in nice and sunny weather?.

No. But inclement weather would have helped them given they would have played better than Manning. Not to mention the home field advantage for the Pats anyways given how much Manning struggles in Foxboro in general.