Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Emmanuel Sanders: Peyton far better leader than Ben

amfootball

Ouch, bad PR move by Sanders. Besides, did anyone NOT know that already? Manning has a well-known and well-documented work ethic, while Big Ben usually shows up looking like he's been on the scotch and bologna diet during the off-season. 

Ouch, bad PR move by Sanders. Besides, did anyone NOT know that already? Manning has a well-known and well-documented work ethic, while Big Ben usually shows up looking like he's been on the scotch and bologna diet during the off-season. 

So true. The comments to the article were hilarious. Lots of 2 rings > 1 ring from Steeler fans. And of course they were saying that Sanders won't feel the same way once the post-season rolls around. But it is widely known that Manning is a work alcoholic and Ben is not. Not sure why Sanders felt it was necessary to go into that level of detail which just reflects poorly on his former QB.

I don't see this as news worthy really. Were people saying that Ben and Peyton were on the same level before or something? I think everyone in the league realizes Peyton Manning is light-years ahead of your average NFL QB.

I agree that Manning is a better QB than Ben. But by no means is Ben an "average QB." He is still one of the best in the league. And while he may not have the overall work ethic of Manning, rings are what matters more than anything, and he has more than Peyton.

Edit: To be perfectly clear, I agree they were dumb comments for Sanders to make.

I agree that Manning is a better QB than Ben. But by no means is Ben an "average QB." He is still one of the best in the league. And while he may not have the overall work ethic of Manning, rings are what matters more than anything, and he has more than Peyton.

Edit: To be perfectly clear, I agree they were dumb comments for Sanders to make.

Rings are a team accomplishment.

True dat.

1-2 in SBs vs 2-1 in SBs. In fact, I felt Big Ben played better in the SB that he lost vs the Packers than the 2 SBs he won, just my opinion (though the game winning drive vs the Cardinals was his standing tall moment of his career).

True. I don't disagree with your statement, nor do I want to get into a off-topic discussion about what makes a QB an all-time great (rings vs. stats, etc.), since that has been done to death in other threads. I just simply wanted to make the point that Big Ben, who has two Super Bowl rings, is far from "average."

True. I don't disagree with your statement, nor do I want to get into a off-topic discussion about what makes a QB an all-time great (rings vs. stats, etc.), since that has been done to death in other threads. I just simply wanted to make the point that Big Ben, who has two Super Bowl rings, is far from "average."

Jim Plunkett has two rings as well. But i agree, Ben is much better than average when he is healthy

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/28/emmanuel-sanders-peyton-is-a-far-better-leader-than-ben/

This is sure to ruffle some feathers in Pitt. Too bad Pitt and Denver don't play this year.

Thanks for posting . . . I did heard this on NFLN this am. . . .as some have said it is not a good idea to burn your bridges especially when Sanders may find himself in FA in a few years . . .

With that said, this article only confirms again what we all know has been reported regarding Peyton's work ethic and concerns for the well being of new teammates . . .

Based on Sanders comments it looks like Big Ben does not do all of these things that Peyton does, but no one can question Ben's leadership on the field . . .

And as some have said Big Ben is far from an average QB but at the same time will very likely not be considered one of the top 25 QBs of all time . . .

What did he say about Ben? I did not hear the interview just saw the articles.

Cant compare both players playing styles. Both are different but effective. Both are first ballot HOF players. Big Ben helped a lot in his career on and off the field and he learned a lot from Big Ben.

Cant compare both players playing styles. Both are different but effective. Both are first ballot HOF players. Big Ben helped a lot in his career on and off the field and he learned a lot from Big Ben.

That is what he said? Big Ben is not a first ballot HoF. Not if he was to retire today anyways.

I personally think multiple SB winners should go to HOF. Jim Plunkett should have.

Ben also has played in 3 SBs.

That is a tough one as the HoF is not just about rings. Many players that are in there never even played in a Super Bowl. The ultimate criteria is being among the best players of your generation and having the stats to back that up. Right now Big Ben is well behind Brady and Manning in that regard and also Drew Brees and of course you have Eli with his two rings and Rodgers. I actually think it may be tough for Big Ben to get in. Not sure he would make it right now if his career ended but he should have several more years left to play if his body holds up so he could end up going in.

That is a tough one as the HoF is not just about rings. Many players that are in there never even played in a Super Bowl. The ultimate criteria is being among the best players of your generation and having the stats to back that up. Right now Big Ben is well behind Brady and Manning in that regard and also Drew Brees and of course you have Eli with his two rings and Rodgers. I actually think it may be tough for Big Ben to get in. Not sure he would make it right now if his career ended but he should have several more years left to play if his body holds up so he could end up going in.

I believe to win 2 rings you have to do something right. Not many win 2 rings.

Sure but 2 rings does not automatically mean Hall worthy.

Lol i just said they must have done something right. Its a long hard road to win 2 rings. A QB can singlehandedly lose a game very easily. It should be HOF worthy considering some names who enter.

Sanders also added a lot of good things about Big Ben, of course media wants to headline the sentences which could create controversy.

Same take here Shane. He threw plenty of bouquets at Big Ben too, but those aren't in the headline! 

Lol i just said they must have done something right. Its a long hard road to win 2 rings. A QB can singlehandedly lose a game very easily. It should be HOF worthy considering some names who enter.

A players whole career is evaluated and like I said the main criteria is that a person has to be among the best, if not the best of his generation. I don't believe Ben fits this category - today anyways. He still may have a lot of football left.