Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsays ban looks like..

Nobody

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, July 29, 2014 - offtopic/trolling/bickering/quoted removed post. I'm removing several posts
Hidden by Nadine, July 29, 2014 - offtopic/trolling/bickering/quoted removed post. I'm removing several posts

Honestly, I don't think handing out one hundred dollar bills to the. " little people" when you're in the middle of getting fined/ suspended, etc , sets a good tone. With the 29 K in the car still being examined , it's a bit of in your face theatrics that would be better served at a later time . Better just take your fine or suspension, and keep a low profile for awhile.

Just when i thought your posts couldn't get any worse.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever had a speeding ticket? I have. Bad ones. Tickets for operating a vehicle at over 20 miles past the speed limit. It may have been long ago, but i can assure you that my possibility of actually taking another persons life at 75+ mph was so far greater than Mr Irsay at less than 20 AND under the influence, that they aren't even worth mentioning in the same sentence. 

And just for conversation, so is every driver who ever drove tired. Pointing out that he didn't kill anyone speaks more to me about your dislikes of him, than it does about how fortunate society is for not having to die at his hand. 

He was under the INFLUENCE  of narcotics operating a MV. He was going 20 mph when popped but very well could have been going 100mph 5 minutes prior. Your post couldn't be more off the mark. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, July 29, 2014 - offtopic/trolling/bickering/quoted removed post. I'm removing several posts
Hidden by Nadine, July 29, 2014 - offtopic/trolling/bickering/quoted removed post. I'm removing several posts

So, if it's so wrong, and sending the wrong message, are we to understand, you wouldn't have accepted the $100. if given to you...??

And for the record, this isn't "in your face theatrics" on his part due to being "in the middle" of getting fined/suspended. He's always been good and generous to the fans. It would be "unlike" him to all of a sudden not be. JMO

I knew I would get this inevitable reply. I know in the past he's done things like this, but in these circumstances, I'm not sure it was the best idea. It really smacks, in light of current circumstances, of buying public opinion.

Now to your one hundred dollar question. No, I wouldn't take it. Like an autograph, I would let some kid who needed the money get it before me.

I knew I would get this inevitable reply. I know in the past he's done things like this, but in these circumstances, I'm not sure it was the best idea. It really smacks, in light of current circumstances, of buying public opinion.

Now to your one hundred dollar question. No, I wouldn't take it. Like an autograph, I would let some kid who needed the money get it before me.

So you were  :trout: baiting the hook...???   haha   Glad I didn't disappoint..   

As for the 2nd part,  that would be very noble of you. ;)

So you were :trout: baiting the hook...??? haha Glad I didn't disappoint..

As for the 2nd part, that would be very noble of you. ;)

No, I'm making a fair observation and comment. You seem to lead the league in getting trout thrown out of the pond. To me, that's a different kind of baiting.

Just when i thought your posts couldn't get any worse.

The usual.

The usual.

Yes ,i agree. Your tune never changes.

No, I'm making a fair observation and comment. You seem to lead the league in getting trout thrown out of the pond. To me, that's a different kind of baiting.

What does this even mean?

I wouldn't take money from Irsay.

Sure you wouldn't

What does this even mean?

That's some Dr. Phil stuff right there.

I think you know.

I don't, that's why i asked. Please elaborate

That's some Dr. Phil stuff right there.

Have you read my books, have you seen my tapes?

Dr. Phil "If brains were lard the three of you couldn't grease a frying pan". Not insulting it's just like the trout baiting blowing up the pond thing.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, July 29, 2014 - off topic
Hidden by Nadine, July 29, 2014 - off topic

I don't, that's why i asked. Please elaborate

You are basically the king of the one liners. If you were playing the Catskills , you'd be a big hit. I just don't see much substance , just a lot of barbs.

No I haven't but how do you feel about Old Crow stealing your sayings? :-)

You are basically the king of the one liners. If you were playing the Catskills , you'd be a big hit. I just don't see much substance , just a lot of barbs.

And you are the crabby old man yelling at kids to get off your lawn and bring back your team

And you are the crabby old man yelling at kids to get off your lawn and bring back your team

Nice . You got a million of them. What's your next one liner ? They need a new comic at the Zanzibar lounge in Reno.

I will take that as a compliment and hoist my :lombardi:  proudly.  

Helping to clean up threads, is not the same thing as baiting.  

Now, can we quit making this personal, and get back  :topic:

I will take that as a compliment and hoist my :lombardi: proudly.

Helping to clean up threads, is not the same thing as baiting.

Now, can we quit making this personal, and get back :topic:

Well, all of us have our unique talents , don't we ? Enjoy your Lombardi , as I have enjoyed many of mine , and I agree , let's get back to the topic.

At first I thought the imagery of Irsay handing out money to the fans was reminiscent of Roman emperors throwing loaves of bread to the starving masses during the Gladiator events. It seemed almost facetious of him to do so. 

But then, upon further pondering, I realized that my disdain for this action spawned from envy, that is why I was initially off-put. What I came to realize is that Irsay wasn't appeasing the masses as part of a PR stunt. It was just another example that relatively small amounts of his money isn't as important as his teams fans. He really just wanted to make people happy, and I find that to be quite awesome of him. It feels good to make others happy, total strangers. I'm sure that was his motivation. 

I applaud the bolded.

We're all prone to snap judgments. What is often lacking, however, is the willingness to reconsider our initial opinions in the light of new information, or after emotion has faded. The ability to admit you were wrong is essential for all of us, if we truly value having insight into situations like this. 

Office-Clapping.gif

Irregardless still a lot of money fines aren't built on what you can afford!  Nor should they be. The embarrassment to Irsay far out weighs the fine !

Embarrassment? He didn't lose a wink of sleep. People like him (meaning the extremely wealthy) rarely except blame. It's never been expected. Breeding.  

Embarrassment? He didn't lose a wink of sleep. People like him (meaning the extremely wealthy) rarely except blame. It's never been expected. Breeding.  

I believe you may be wrong here, this for him is unfortunately all over the news, surly awkward among his football colleagues, and Irsay has always wanted to have or be perceived as having a first class organization, including his reputation. All have been tarnished! If this is you or I no one knows but, friends and family, bad enough, but not everyone we meet!