Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are the Colts Doing Enough?

Thickandthinfan

Colts  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are they a Top 10 Team in the NFL

With everyone else making so many moves, are the Colts doing enough to stay competitive?

With Hasselbeck going to TN, Joseph going to Hou, and Session going to Jax, I think the Colts might have already lost the division!

Plus, the AFC East will be very hard to stop, I'm glad we do not have to play that entire division.

I think the Polians have way way too laid back this offseason. I think they should have just made Peyton the Franchise player.

Then they should have attempted to get Bush, Asomugha, Jenkins, etc. so that our rivals do not have these players.

With Hasselbeck going to TN, Joseph going to Hou, and Session going to Jax, I think the Colts might have already lost the division!

Oh man, I thought you mean Joseph Addai for a minute there! Well don't worry, we're getting Randy ****ing Moss!!! (?) :rolleyes2:

Seriously though, it's the Pats. I mean come on, Albert Haynesworth for a 5th round pick in 2013!?! Analysts are making a great point... even if he isn't in shape, it doesn't change the fact he weighs so much. You put him on the line and he blocks gaps, period. Even if he doesn't work out, the Pats cut him. Big whoop. He's practically cheap, considering the Redskins paid off his contract.

Blatantly, no. We just let a good linebacker - of which we don't have many, go to a division rival! At safety we don't have much depth, DT we are thin too (Muir off to Broncos it seems and what about Johnson?) and we are still waiting here for Peyton to sign his contract. Plus if i do remember, Irsay was going to make a bit of a 'splash' in the FA pool. Should have known better.

THIS OFFSEASON IS AN COMPLETE FAIL!!!! we signed a qb who will never play in the next 4 years. and thats our best free agent signing. shaking my head, its borderline embarrassing to watch our rivals get better while we remain the same. Peyton n Clark can only take you so far...

Short answer: no. Improving this defense isn't going to come from in-house this season.

TBH, I wouldn't be surprised to see us having our usual, awful defense to start the year and us making a move of some kind at the trade deadline...

Problem is, it's going to be much, much more costly to do so then than it will be now.

Hidden

i voted other..

so my vote went to the panthers

they resigned all their big name guys when every1 thought they would lose all of them and they just resigned jon beason to a long term deal

Charles Johnson, Deangelo Williams, Jon Beason, Ray Edwards, Greg Olsen, Thomas Davis and James Anderson (their LBs), Sean Considine, and Olindo Mare..also trying to sign Ryan Kalil long term..

Way to not put every dollar on the risky arm of sCam..ummm i meant Cam

Let's not get too crazy here. We all wanted some FAs, but who did most of us want? A safety (Landry or Whitner) and a DT (Mebane or Cofield). It would have been nice to keep Session, but the Jags overpaid him and we were able to win last year without him. Landry, Whitner and Mebane are all still available. Personally, I don't want Haynesworth or Ocho near this team and I don't think we need guys like Jon Joseph or Hasslebeck.

who would the Colts sign that would fit in? Come on GM's, let me know. Who do you sign for big cash and who do you release then?

I got a idea lets sign Asomugha, Holmes, TO and trade for Kolb. and......play only 7 on defense because we run out of money to sign other players...

Anybody?

who would the Colts sign that would fit in? Come on GM's, let me know. Who do you sign for big cash and who do you release then?

I got a idea lets sign Asomugha, Holmes, TO and trade for Kolb. and......play only 7 on defense because we run out of money to sign other players...

Anybody?

I would go after Moss. He wouldnt cost much and would bring a deep threat to this team.

Hidden

Anybody?

Look its not that hard..other GMs are dooing it right now..just not ours..look i love our GM n will not trash him but we could sign Tommie Harris and Antwan Barnes to fill the DT and LB holes..both would be fairly cheap..

We could release Gonzo for 650,000, then release Diem for 5 mil, i believe, also, if we had to, cut Hayden but i wouldnt cut a starting CB just yet..

AND, now i know this is a big ANDDDD, maybe Peyton could structure his contract to ease our cap burden..

Hmmm..maybe Polian needs 2 find a new consultant instead of his freakin son..just sayin im available Bill

what do you whiners NOT GET??? WE DON'T HAVE THE $$$ to sign these big names...The cap is about $8 million LESS than it was in 2009, the last capped year (if I am not mistaken) and some big names are eating up our space. Why do you all think this is some big surprise? When Irsay last spring we'd make a "splash in FA"....he probably didn't foresee a cap as low as this. heck, JAX just signed Session for a far bigger contract than the Colts could match (way too much, IMO). Manning can restructure, which I imagine is why it's taking longer than originally thought to get his deal done, but that still only leaves so much money.

We were over the cap to begin with (when the new CBA and cap was announced)! And you all are upset we're not going after Asomugah, Haynesworth, Weddle, or other top flight guys? The Colts can barely afford to re-sign their own guys right now. Sure the Jets might be putting together this dream defensive backfield, but they'll be in capped out too

This is no different than in any past year. Why would you expect it to change? You think going out and breaking the bank for a few big names is going to guarantee a SB? Ask the Redskins how that's working out for them, every single year since Snyder bought them. I don't see Green Bay signing a bunch of huge FAs.....They have been VERY quiet during this whole thing. In fact, they operate a lot like the Colts, rarely signing big time FAs and building through the draft

what do you whiners NOT GET??? WE DON'T HAVE THE $$$ to sign these big names...The cap is about $8 million LESS than it was in 2009, the last capped year (if I am not mistaken) and some big names are eating up our space. Why do you all think this is some big surprise? When Irsay last spring we'd make a "splash in FA"....he probably didn't foresee a cap as low as this. heck, JAX just signed Session for a far bigger contract than the Colts could match (way too much, IMO). Manning can restructure, which I imagine is why it's taking longer than originally thought to get his deal done, but that still only leaves so much money.

We were over the cap to begin with (when the new CBA and cap was announced)! And you all are upset we're not going after Asomugah, Haynesworth, Weddle, or other top flight guys? The Colts can barely afford to re-sign their own guys right now. Sure the Jets might be putting together this dream defensive backfield, but they'll be in capped out too

This is no different than in any past year. Why would you expect it to change? You think going out and breaking the bank for a few big names is going to guarantee a SB? Ask the Redskins how that's working out for them, every single year since Snyder bought them. I don't see Green Bay signing a bunch of huge FAs.....They have been VERY quiet during this whole thing. In fact, they operate a lot like the Colts, rarely signing big time FAs and building through the draft

I see what you are saying, but if we grab a big name or two then they are at least not with one of our rivals. Cromartie might leave the Jets if Asomugha joins them. Why don't we trade a 3rd rounder for him?

I see what you are saying, but if we grab a big name or two then they are at least not with one of our rivals. Cromartie might leave the Jets if Asomugha joins them. Why don't we trade a 3rd rounder for him?

Cromartie would cost too much for what we do with corners. Coming to indy would be a waste of his athletic talents, imo.

THIS OFFSEASON IS AN COMPLETE FAIL!!!! we signed a qb who will never play in the next 4 years. and thats our best free agent signing. shaking my head, its borderline embarrassing to watch our rivals get better while we remain the same. Peyton n Clark can only take you so far...

I could have not said it any better all my friends are either Pat fans or Steeler fans and they even know we are not going to do anything.I could just

get sick to my stomach every time i see another move made by our competitors

Uh! Of course they're not doing enough! You actually have to do something to do anything. Every other team in the league are releasing players to make cap room, signing FA's to improve their team, or at least signing their rookies they drafted. The Colts on the other hand are sitting in limbo waiting to see what happens with Manning. The Colts are also one of the last teams to start camp(if not the very last). It's like they believe they can just waltz into the playoffs every yr. without any obstrutions what so ever.

The Colts are also one of the last teams to start camp(if not the very last). It's like they believe they can just waltz into the playoffs every yr. without any obstrutions what so ever.

Do you really think that starting camp four days later is going to be the difference between a playoff appearance and a losing season?

And do you really think that the Colts think they can just waltz into the playoffs every year? This is really interesting to me, because they've been in the playoffs every year for the past nine years. Did they ever just waltz in? Did we just waltz in last year?

Do you really think that starting camp four days later is going to be the difference between a playoff appearance and a losing season?

And do you really think that the Colts think they can just waltz into the playoffs every year? This is really interesting to me, because they've been in the playoffs every year for the past nine years. Did they ever just waltz in? Did we just waltz in last year?

My point is that the Colts(FO) seem to have a lackadaisical approach to the operations of the team. Whether that be true or not(it is simply my opinion). I have heard complaints for yrs. from other fans that even in training camp and preseason they seem to take an easy and sort of lazy approach to things. The same could be said about free agency and improving areas of weakness on the team. Im the 1st to admit that they have still made the playoffs every yr. for 9 straight yrs using this style, but one has to wonder how long this will work when other teams around the league continue to catch up with the Colts. Fans don't seem to want to admit that Manning isn't getting any younger and to think he will always be there to bail this team out is ludicrous.

My point is that the Colts(FO) seem to have a lackadaisical approach to the operations of the team. Whether that be true or not(it is simply my opinion). I have heard complaints for yrs. from other fans that even in training camp and preseason they seem to take an easy and sort of lazy approach to things. The same could be said about free agency and improving areas of weakness on the team.

What you call "lackadaisical", I call "calm and orderly". Everything is scripted and impulsive free agent shopping sprees aren't a habit which this organization engages in.

Im the 1st to admit that they have still made the playoffs every yr. for 9 straight yrs using this style

That's mighty big of you to admit something that is factual, and obvious. The Colts method of operation has produced an undeniably high level of excellence over a stunning duration. Frankly, I would be nervous if I saw them doing anything differently for fear that it might bring a different result.

Uh! Of course they're not doing enough! You actually have to do something to do anything. Every other team in the league are releasing players to make cap room, signing FA's to improve their team, or at least signing their rookies they drafted. The Colts on the other hand are sitting in limbo waiting to see what happens with Manning.

This, cmgww!

You really think the Eagles are perfectly below the cap after signing the big names and still not needing to cut anyone? get real. They've figured out who needs to go and who needs to come in to make a big improvement in their game. We've been moaning about our defense for years.

This, cmgww!

You really think the Eagles are perfectly below the cap after signing the big names and still not needing to cut anyone? get real. They've figured out who needs to go and who needs to come in to make a big improvement in their game. We've been moaning about our defense for years.

How do you think Philly would handle a $100 million dollar QB? We have unique problems here in Indy. As well, it seems you forgot that we just exited a lockout only a week ago, and the Colts are facing, potentially, the biggest NFL contract ever signed.