Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

changing the D to a new look with the players we have

ruf

ok here is my thought

going with a 3/4 D

the ends would be: A. Jones, Francois/Redding

the dt's would be: Chapman, M. Hughes

OLB and here is one of the big changes: use a S for one spot. Landry would be good both as a cover lb and could stop the run and get to the qb. the other olb would be mathis

MLB would be Freeman and the new player we got from the browns

cb's would be Davis and Toler

S: another big change SS Werner and the fs howell or someone from the draft

my thought is with that front 4 they will stop the run and take up blockers in the middle. while the olb or olb's will get plenty and quick pressure on the qb. therefore the coverage of the S's would not need to be real great. and a ss the size of werner will make it hard for wr's and te's to make catches in the middle of the field. Landrey

No the Landrey & Werner ideas or not good! Espeaclly the Werner idea as a SS. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ok here is my thought

going with a 3/4 D

OLB and here is one of the big changes: use a S for one spot. Landry would be good both as a cover lb and could stop the run and get to the qb. the other olb would be mathis

my thought is with that front 4 they will stop the run and take up blockers in the middle. while the olb or olb's will get plenty and quick pressure on the qb. therefore the coverage of the S's would not need to be real great. and a ss the size of werner will make it hard for wr's and te's to make catches in the middle of the field.

xFCc4.gif

ok here is my thought

going with a 3/4 D

my thought is with that front 4 they will stop the run and take up blockers in the middle. while the olb or olb's will get plenty and quick pressure on the qb. therefore the coverage of the S's would not need to be real great. and a ss the size of werner will make it hard for wr's and te's to make catches in the middle of the field.

it would probably get us more sacks, and stop the run, and give up less passing yards than last year,almost any combo would be better

If we do a 4-3, or hybrid 4-3...

Here's what I see our lineup as being.

DE: Werner

DT: Chapman, Hughes

DT: Jones, Redding

DE: RJF, Moala

OLB: Walden

MLB: Freeman

OLB: Mathis

Walden out, Da'Qwell Jackson in. And Mathis to DE, unless he's being used like the Broncos use Von Miller.

ok here is my thought

going with a 3/4 D

Brother; at first I thought the new Colorado law would be a good thing for Indiana and hoped to see it passed soon. However, you are making me question whether or not legalization would be good for Indiana. 

Landry to linebacker? I just hope he can stay healthy at strong safety. I will be happy if he plays 10 games this year.

The book is still out as to whether or not Werner is even athletic enough to play OLB and you want to move him to strong safety?

Reminds me of the new TV series Silicon Valley when the dude went out to the desert to create a company name. Next time; write it down and think on it a day or two.

Why stop with just moving Landry and Werner.  Why not make Luck a LB.  At 6'4" 240lbs with his speed and knowledge of routes he would be a great cover LB.  And move Fleener to CB, I mean what WR would want to face a 6'5" 250lb corner back, plus with his height and reach it would make it difficult for QBs to drop passes in over his head.  Move Bradshaw to guard, with his leg drive he would be able to move those DTs out of the hole and really open some running lanes.  Move Chapman to LT, at 380lbs by the time a defender ran around him the QB will have released the ball.  Lastly, move TRich to DT, based on his runs he likes to stay in the backfield anyways so that would just take advantage of his skill set.

Oh yeah, and of course, have Patty Mac be both a place kicker and punter to free up an additional roster spot.

how did you leave out pat mac playing safety since he is a great tackler, saving THREE roster spots.