Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bored interesting mock

So as the post suggests I was bored decided to do a mock draft to waste some time I used the optimum scouting one for the first time and the results were very interesting although I know not really in the realm of possible but I guess you never know well here goes.

59 CB Lamarcus Joyner Florida State

90 DT Stephon Tuitt Notre Dame

166 S Terrence Brooks Florida State

203 C Marcus Martin USC

232 CB Loucheiz Purifoy

Outside of Brooks (who I have warmed up to taking) Im not a fan of it, I like Joyner but I'd be scared a gust of wind would come along and :omg:  there goes our 2nd round draft pick, Tuitt has little to no burst off the line, He is fairly agile for a big man, Isn't a very good hands fighter. Martin is not much of a mauler at all and will probably find his way to being a back up in the NFL or at the very most a very average Center in my opinion. I know many analysts think Purifoy is a Corner but if he is then he is at best right now a Nickel Corner in my opinion, Much more a Safety from what I have seen but can be a playmaker from Safety

I would be happy with that draft. Don't see the need for Martin but drafting best available if he is there in the 6th he would be best available.

We don't have a first round pick and end up with 3 players that are projected to go at the end of the first day or early day 2. I am not sure how anyone could be unhappy if we got this.

I don't think this was supposed to be a real mock.

I agree with all of you this was not me assuming people there this was me taking part in the actual automated draft I was very surprised myself I actually ran several times in one draft I got Brooks in the seventh so not realistic at all

Responding to Gavin, a lot of the "cornerbacks," in this draft project to free safety.  McGill, Jean-Baptiste, and Desir are bigger than most of the safeties.  We need both, of course.

Mcgill and Desir have the instincts to play Corner, I dont think Purifoy has the instincts or the speed to play in Man in the NFL

So as the post suggests I was bored decided to do a mock draft to waste some time I used the optimum scouting one for the first time and the results were very interesting although I know not really in the realm of possible but I guess you never know well here goes.

59 CB Lamarcus Joyner Florida State

90 DT Stephon Tuitt Notre Dame

166 S Terrence Brooks Florida State

203 C Marcus Martin USC

232 CB Loucheiz Purifoy

Oh, goodness gracious.....

I think poster "Reality is Luck" has said it best....

Not a single player will be available in the spots where you have the Colts picking.    Not one.

And it's quite possible that all five,  surely the first four, won't be available at 59.

This is what happens when you play some of these simulated computer draft games.

Some of them are just terrible.

Hey, I'm not blaming the OP.    I'd have made the same picks if the the simulator told me they were available.

But in the real world...   the world we all live in....     there's a zero percent chance of any of that happening......

Sorry.....   but there's your reality......

Oh, goodness gracious.....

I think poster "Reality is Luck" has said it best....

Not a single player will be available in the spots where you have the Colts picking.    Not one.

And it's quite possible that all five,  surely the first four, won't be available at 59.

This is what happens when you play some of these simulated computer draft games.

Some of them are just terrible.

Hey, I'm not blaming the OP.    I'd have made the same picks if the the simulator told me they were available.

But in the real world...   the world we all live in....     there's a zero percent chance of any of that happening......

Sorry.....   but there's your reality......

The draft simulations would let you get this type of draft class. 

The draft simulations would let you get this type of draft class. 

I know!     I've been trying to caution people not to read too much into these games. 

They're fun.   They're even addictive.    But they don't resemble the real world anyone lives in.

What's the old saying?     Garbage in;  garbage out.     That's what these draft games are.