Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

He would be a great compliment to the colts defense and Laron Landry. Both Laron Landry and Thomas DeCoud have reputations as hard hitters.

DeCouds reputation is not of a hard hitter. He's never been a run stopper, but in his prime was a great cover man.

Are we interested in DeCloud is he scheduled to come n for a visit if so when/or did he visited already? We need more defensive backfield help............Also

a writer's thoughts on Colts should sign Chris Johnson

Should the Colts go after Chris Johnson?

The Tennessee Titans released former 2,000-yard rusher Chris Johnson earlier this week. There has been some talk of which teams should pick up the speedy back and the Colts were mentioned.

Bleacher Report's Russell S. Baxter listed Johnson as one of 13 NFL free agents who could start for a contending team. He said the former Titan could start for the Colts.

Mike Wilkening of ProFootballTalk.com listed the Colts as a team who could sign Johnson by stating, "They know Johnson well, and they are willing to spend for veteran talent."

Of course the Colts already have Trent Richardson, Ahmad Bradshaw and Vick Ballard on the roster. All three running backs have question marks, however. Richardson failed to live up to the hype last season and both Bradshaw and Ballard are recovering from injuries.

DeCoud has not been scheduled to visit as far as I know. the only S i have heard us tied to since FA started was Coleman. I think the Colts might like what they have in Howell.

No thx on Chris Johnson unless he wants to take a big pay even then let him be someone elses headache

The Tennessee Titans released former 2,000-yard rusher Chris Johnson earlier this week. There has been some talk of which teams should pick up the speedy back and the Colts were mentioned.

I could honestly see this happening. The Colts definitely think that the running back position is of importance to us. Trent could still be terrible and the other two could potentially re-tweak their injuries, or just not return well from them. That's gotta have us scared at least a little bit. I think the familiarity and veteran-status could cause us to go for him.

CJ is going to want to get paid and a shot to start. We are going to give Trent every opportunity to be an every down back. I don't see us being interested.

Richardson has good hands and is good at picking up the blitz. He may end up being passing back. I am hopeful they will figure it out in camp. It could be it just took Trent an off season to learn the offense and get comfortable. If you look back at his weakness's in his draft profile there weren't many but intelligence was one. He may have really been overwhelmed last year. I am not trying to take a shot at Trent. I like him think it could still work out really well.

I would love some speed on the field but I think in the draft I really like Dri Archer in the 6th round. I can't remember the last time we had someone that explosive... a young Marshall Faulk? Obviously Archer would never hold up as an every down player but could be used similar to Percy Harvin return kicks, put in some plays on O for him at WR and RB. You can't teach 4.26. I would love to get him.

Are we interested in DeCloud is he scheduled to come n for a visit if so when/or did he visited already? We need more defensive backfield help............Also

a writer's thoughts on Colts should sign Chris Johnson

Bleacher Report's Russell S. Baxter listed Johnson as one of 13 NFL free agents who could start for a contending team. He said the former Titan could start for the Colts.

Mike Wilkening of ProFootballTalk.com listed the Colts as a team who could sign Johnson by stating, "They know Johnson well, and they are willing to spend for veteran talent."

Of course the Colts already have Trent Richardson, Ahmad Bradshaw and Vick Ballard on the roster. All three running backs have question marks, however. Richardson failed to live up to the hype last season and both Bradshaw and Ballard are recovering from injuries.

No way they spend a 1st round pick on Trent Richardson to Shell out big bucks on CJ2K the following season. Chris Johnson will not be a colt.

There is no interest and hasn't been since FA started as far as I can tell.  

Grigs said he targeted his players got who he went after. Can't deny those who came in stayed. Was focused on the draft if someone popped up he'd look since then only Coleman has come to town. 

What happened to Coleman?  

No way they spend a 1st round pick on Trent Richardson to Shell out big bucks on CJ2K the following season. Chris Johnson will not be a colt.

Trent may never be the star we/coaches Grigson though he was going to be and the emphasis Pep and Grigson talk of and put on the running game  it may happen...................Not saying I wa t it to but u never know?

CJ is going to want to get paid and a shot to start. We are going to give Trent every opportunity to be an every down back. I don't see us being interested.

Richardson has good hands and is good at picking up the blitz. He may end up being passing back. I am hopeful they will figure it out in camp. It could be it just took Trent an off season to learn the offense and get comfortable. If you look back at his weakness's in his draft profile there weren't many but intelligence was one. He may have really been overwhelmed last year. I am not trying to take a shot at Trent. I like him think it could still work out really well.

I would love some speed on the field but I think in the draft I really like Dri Archer in the 6th round. I can't remember the last time we had someone that explosive... a young Marshall Faulk? Obviously Archer would never hold up as an every down player but could be used similar to Percy Harvin return kicks, put in some plays on O for him at WR and RB. You can't teach 4.26. I would love to get him.

They'll give Trent ever opportunity But that was b4 CJ became available,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,We want a back not only who can block n catch but can be a homer run hitter whenever he touches the ball and CJ brings that...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................

DeCoud has not been scheduled to visit as far as I know. the only S i have heard us tied to since FA started was Coleman. I think the Colts might like what they have in Howell.

No thx on Chris Johnson unless he wants to take a big pay even then let him be someone elses headache

CJ was/is not that much of a headache,,,,,,,,,and he knows he isn't getting any younger for a RB so he'll buckle down and play and not mouth off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Or be locker room headache,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I also like Howel a lot but we could use a vertern back there in the 2ndary helping our young DB's

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/4/4/5581586/2014-nfl-draft-colts-wil-hold-private-workout-for-og-josh-walker

2014 NFL Draft: Colts wil hold private workout for OG Josh Walker

Trent may never be the star we/coaches Grigson though he was going to be and the emphasis Pep and Grigson talk of and put on the running game  it may happen...................Not saying I wa t it to but u never know?

WalterFootball.com has a list of players that the Colts have shown interest in during this offseason:Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State (PRI)

Justin Anderson, DL, UMass (PRO)

Preston Brown, LB, Louisville (PRO)

Dee Ford, DL, Auburn (SR)

Adrian Hubbard, LB, Alabama (SR)

Jon Krause, WR, Vanderbilt Ryan Lankford, WR, Illinois (PRO)

Arthur Lynch, TE, Georgia (SR)

Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern (SR)

Michael Sam, LB, Missouri (SR)

Jalen Saunders, WR, Oklahoma (SR)

Marcus Smith%, LB, Louisville (PRO) (SR)

Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech (COM)

Josh Walker, G, Middle Tennessee State (PRI)

Indianapolis's first selection in the 2014 NFL Draft is the 59th overall pick

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/4/4/5581586/2014-nfl-draft-colts-wil-hold-private-workout-for-og-josh-walker

2014 NFL Draft: Colts wil hold private workout for OG Josh Walker

CJ was/is not that much of a headache,,,,,,,,,and he knows he isn't getting any younger for a RB so he'll buckle down and play and not mouth off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Or be locker room headache,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I also like Howel a lot but we could use a vertern back there in the 2ndary helping our young DB's

I think you might have a higher opinion of CJ than the rest of the NFL You kind of make .It sound like you are friends with the guy. Do you know him?  He has a history mouthing off and doesn't exactly have the reputation as buckling down, There are more than a couple that think his effort dropped after he got paid. How do you know he thinks all this now?

He just got cut so the Titans aren't interested in him at least not for any money saw no report of trying to sign for smaller amount sounds like they are just done. I don't see anyone knocking his door down to sign him. Someone will sign the guy but we are talking about a speed RB that is going to be 29 coming off knee surgery in January that has showed a steady decline since his big pay day 4 yrs ago.  No Thanks.

I agree we need depth in the secondary not sure it we need a leader. Landry Toler and Davis are the leaders. I am fine with younger players really prefer them but that is my take we will see.

He may not be the star that everyone hoped, But you can rest assure that they will give him the opportunity to prove otherwise. 

I think you might have a higher opinion of CJ than the rest of the NFL You kind of make .It sound like you are friends with the guy. Do you know him?  He has a history mouthing off and doesn't exactly have the reputation as buckling down, There are more than a couple that think his effort dropped after he got paid. How do you know he thinks all this now?

He just got cut so the Titans aren't interested in him at least not for any money saw no report of trying to sign for smaller amount sounds like they are just done. I don't see anyone knocking his door down to sign him. Someone will sign the guy but we are talking about a speed RB that is going to be 29 coming off knee surgery in January that has showed a steady decline since his big pay day 4 yrs ago.  No Thanks.

I agree we need depth in the secondary not sure it we need a leader. Landry Toler and Davis are the leaders. I am fine with younger players really prefer them but that is my take we will see.

Not saying I want CJ just saying don't be surprised if Grigsom  and Pep are eyeing him,,,,,,,,,,,They are wanting a great running game,,,,,,,,Toler Landry Davis are decent players not great,,,,,,,,,I wouldn't say any of them are true leaders,,,,,,Field generals of the DB's like Ronnie Lott was Or Lynch was,,,,,,,,,,Or Samuels was ,,,,,,,,We need WAYYYYYYYY more pressure on the opposing teams QB and sacks,,,,,,,,from our DL. that'll make the 2dary better and we need a lot better playing from our @dary,We are paying them loads of $$ Step it the hell up Colts

Not saying I want CJ just saying don't be surprised if Grigsom  and Pep are eyeing him,,,,,,,,,,,They are wanting a great running game,,,,,,,,Toler Landry Davis are decent players not great,,,,,,,,,I wouldn't say any of them are true leaders,,,,,,Field generals of the DB's like Ronnie Lott was Or Lynch was,,,,,,,,,,Or Samuels was ,,,,,,,,We need WAYYYYYYYY more pressure on the opposing teams QB and sacks,,,,,,,,from our DL. that'll make the 2dary better and we need a lot better playing from our @dary,We are paying them loads of $$ Step it the hell up Colts

I am saying I would be surprised if the Colts had any interest at all in CJ. Shocked in fact we have 3 backs under contract CJ is not becoming a Colt

Landry is the same age as DeCoud and has been in our system and you think DeCoud is coming to be the leader in our secondary??? We just paid Davis top CB salary but we need DeCoud to lead. I guess I am not following your logic on either player.

We signed our guys moving on to the draft. I think the leaders on are D are already there. I think the D is starting to look pretty solid. We will bring in pieces thru the draft and maybe a couple of signings after June 1st cuts but you are talking about HOF players dude except Samuels.Who do you want to come lead us Ed Reed and his broken-down body or Ronnie Lott himself? Redding is our leader on D along with Freeman I am sure Jackson will step into leadership role and Landry and Davis as well

I am saying I would be surprised if the Colts had any interest at all in CJ. Shocked in fact we have 3 backs under contract CJ is not becoming a Colt

Landry is the same age as DeCoud and has been in our system and you think DeCoud is coming to be the leader in our secondary??? We just paid Davis top CB salary but we need DeCoud to lead. I guess I am not following your logic on either player.

We signed our guys moving on to the draft. I think the leaders on are D are already there. I think the D is starting to look pretty solid. We will bring in pieces thru the draft and maybe a couple of signings after June 1st cuts but you are talking about HOF players dude except Samuels.Who do you want to come lead us Ed Reed and his broken-down body or Ronnie Lott himself? Redding is our leader on D along with Freeman I am sure Jackson will step into leadership role and Landry and Davis as well

Just saying w/ Grigsom and Pep wanting a running game so bad I wouldn't be surprised if we looked at CJ- I hope not maybe if we hadn't got Trent,,,,,,,,,,,,,Landry,Toler ,V.Davis they are ok player they are not team leaders on the Dfense,,,,,I'd like to see us have a kick A** secondary,,,,,,,,,,,Redding doen't play the 2ndray,We need a leader in the DBfield,,,,,,,,,,That is wishful thinking our D is already there.....Do u really think we added enough in FA and what w/ our few draft pics are going to fill our holes-Maybe against the weaker teams but in the playoffs against elite teams we don't match up ie) Pats loss in 2nd rd of playoffs,,,,Pats exploited our pass protection  and run stopping ABILITY..............We did more thru FA than we had w/ Polin here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but not enough,,,,,,,,,Whe Manning was here Polin just was locked into huige contracts of a few which left nonsense for FA's,,,,,,,,,,,We needed a few more pieces in the Peyton year's,,,,,,,,,to bring us over the top,,,,,,And this even tho we don't have the contracts as such in the Peyton year's,,,,,,,,,,We already are saving for Luck's contract Hilton's etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Read the Bleacher report I feel it's one of the best sources of Colts info  here is link

http://bleacherreport.com/indianapolis-colts

I read the bleacher report among other sites. I am new to the site not the planet earth. I know about the internet. I know about football played in high school, coached pop warner for the last 10 years.  I am not sure what it is you want me to see???

We want to run the ball I agree we traded away a first round pick and have to other RB's on the roster don't think we are signing a player who is 29  coming off a knee injury and relies on speed. We wanted a power running game he doesn't even fit what we are trying to do.I think Grigs looked at him when he was released. That is his job. I would be shocked if CJ played for us.

Of course a pass rush makes the DB's look better that's football 101 don't need to read a web site to know that.

We paid players to do jobs they need to do them. I agree.

We are not finding Ronnie Lott or John Lynch in FA Decoud will not have that type of impact or people would be lined up. Could he help us I think so as depth. I would say DeCoud has a better chance of being a Colt than CJ. I don't think he would be a starter though. I think that will be Howell.

I think we have team leaders.