Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Latest Drafttek Mock

Just ran into their latest mock and I can say it didn't look half bad.

59 Indianapolis
colts_logoslice.jpg   JeanBaptisteStanley.jpg Stanley Jean-Baptiste
    Nebraska
    CB
    Reach/Value:     -40

Height:
6'2"
Weight:

90 Indianapolis
colts_logoslice.jpg   EllisJustin.jpg Justin Ellis
    Louisiana Tech
    DT34
    Reach/Value:     -11

Height:
6'1"
Weight:

154 Indianapolis
colts_logoslice.jpg   PowellRonald.jpg Ronald Powell
    Florida
    OLB34
    Reach/Value:     +10

Height:
6'4"
Weight:

187 Indianapolis
colts_logoslice.jpg   VereenBrock.jpg Brock Vereen
    Minnesota
    SS
    Reach/Value:     -22

Height:
5'11"
Weight:

209 Indianapolis
colts_logoslice.jpg   JohnsonDontae.jpg Dontae Johnson
    North Carolina St
    CB
    Reach/Value:     -30

Height:
6'2"
Weight:

What do you guys think.  Drafting all D and not a single o-lineman to help out Luck.

Powell tearing his ACL twice is a red flag for me, Also seems to have a very average first step, not slow but not quick, From what I see he is strong in run contain but wont add much in the pass rush department , Needs to shed blocks better, Dont want Dontae Johnson, Ill have to watch some of Vereen

I'm not a huge fan of draftek for several reasons, but the biggest reason is that they always seem to force picks to fit the needs instead of sometimes just taking the best player.  And I'm not saying they are reaching by my standards, but they are reaching by their own standards. 

On a scale of 1-9, 1 being the biggest need, we decided to reach 40 spots (which means, by their standards, we voluntarily made our 2nd round pick a 3rd in nature) for a CB, judged to be a "3 need" instead of going to the next biggest need, a "4 need" and taking the best player available, which would have been Davante Adams, a 12 pick steal).  Would SJB had been there?  I don't know, but at least Roberson would have been there and would have been a reach by about 20 positions, which is a way better reach than reaching 40 positions back in the 2nd, and then 11 more with our 3rd round pick. 

The cardinal sin on draft day is trying to force a square peg in a round hole, and that's the problem I have with this site.

Our oline is not stabilized. The only thing that could stop a playoff run is the same problem we had last year. I really want the best available interior line w/ our first pick. DonaldThomas has never been healthy his entire career.

Just ran into their latest mock and I can say it didn't look half bad.

59 Indianapolis

colts_logoslice.jpg   JeanBaptisteStanley.jpg Stanley Jean-Baptiste

Nebraska

CB

Reach/Value:     -40

Height:

6'2"

Weight:

90 Indianapolis

colts_logoslice.jpg   EllisJustin.jpg Justin Ellis

Louisiana Tech

DT34

Reach/Value:     -11

Height:

6'1"

Weight:

154 Indianapolis

colts_logoslice.jpg   PowellRonald.jpg Ronald Powell

Florida

OLB34

Reach/Value:     +10

Height:

6'4"

Weight:

187 Indianapolis

colts_logoslice.jpg   VereenBrock.jpg Brock Vereen

Minnesota

SS

Reach/Value:     -22

Height:

5'11"

Weight:

209 Indianapolis

colts_logoslice.jpg   JohnsonDontae.jpg Dontae Johnson

North Carolina St

CB

Reach/Value:     -30

Height:

6'2"

Weight:

What do you guys think.  Drafting all D and not a single o-lineman to help out Luck.

Good guys,  but wrong rounds.

I'm not sure that SJB is the 59th best player in this draft.    I think he might be closer to 90th.

But I'm confident that Justin Ellis -- who I really like -- is NOT the 90th best player.    He's closer to a 5th round guy, maybe even

a 6th.

Ronald Powell, the 5th round pick is closer to a 6...

The 6th round guy, Vereen might be closer to a 4th/5th...

And the same with the 7th round guy, Johnson,  closer to a 4/5.

If this was our draft, I don't think I'd be very happy.

The one thing I liked was that it was all defense.      Otherwise.....     not so much.

Surprisingly that's draft I could live with. But it makes my idea of trading down seem even more sensible. Hell with the players they mocked to us, we could trade down a few times. SJB is a late 3rd. Ellis is probably a 5th. The 2 picks I don't like are the Powell guy and the Dontae Johnson, unless its assuming he'll convert to FS. I'll take Morgan Breslin or Boseko Lokombo at OLB over him. That's actually a decent draft though. But as people have said, the order is way off.

Our oline is not stabilized. The only thing that could stop a playoff run is the same problem we had last year. I really want the best available interior line w/ our first pick. DonaldThomas has never been healthy his entire career.

This. If Grigson isn't going to sign a starting caliber O-lineman we really can't ignore it in the draft. We've only got 3 O-lineman we can count on for starting caliber play - one of which is injury prone. We don't have a bigger need on this team. Defensive back comes pretty close, but a "power running" team that can't run the football or protect it's franchise QB is going to have a hard time in January.