Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles "Do Not" want Desean Jackson

Leon

Kelly does not want him at his current salary.

I read reports saying that Kelly doesn't like his attitude.  Kelly wants team-first guys and DeSean is far from that.  What's interesting is I also read Carolina could be a potential suitor.  But if Carolina lets Steve Smith go because they think he's a distraction in the locker room, bringing in DeSean wouldn't make sense

I read reports saying that Kelly doesn't like his attitude.  Kelly wants team-first guys and DeSean is far from that.  What's interesting is I also read Carolina could be a potential suitor.  But if Carolina lets Steve Smith go because they think he's a distraction in the locker room, bringing in DeSean wouldn't make sense

Yeah. Good luck to him finding 53 unselfish players. I know DeSean has had his issues but not have heard much from him since he got his money. I think the contract is more what Kelly dislikes given the system he runs.

Thank you Hakeem Nicks for signing with the Colts.. Eliminating all chances of Jackson coming here..

End of discussion.

At $10 Mill per year and a headache in the locker-room and he's never happy with his contract and always wants to renegotiate, I've got no problem with Djax not being a Colt.

I'm perfectly happy with him going elsewhere....

At $10 Mill per year and a headache in the locker-room and he's never happy with his contract and always wants to renegotiate, I've got no problem with Djax not being a Colt.

I'm perfectly happy with him going elsewhere....

Had he held out for more money since getting his big contract? I don't remember him doing that but maybe I missed it.

I don't care where he goes.

Sooner or later, he's not happy.     He's a pain in the a** in the locker-room.

He just got a new big contract....  roughly 5/50....  and he's already not happy with it!   

Why?    Because he had a good year and now he thinks that he's worth more!

We have TYH....  a similar type of player.    We now have Nicks, whose game is closer to a younger Reggie Wayne.

And we have them at more reasonable prices. 

I'm fine with what we have. 

Ask yourself this......   if DJax is so great,  why is Philly so happy to be getting rid of him??    It's not the money, they just gave him his new deal....

Think about it..........

Had he held out for more money since getting his big contract? I don't remember him doing that but maybe I missed it.

I didn't mention him holding out.....

But he just got a new very big deal and already he's not happy.    He's never happy.

If he's so great,  why is Philly so willing to let him go?    And it's not the money,  they just gave it him a big deal.

I have no interest in DJax.     None.

I didn't mention him holding out.....

But he just got a new very big deal and already he's not happy.    He's never happy.

If he's so great,  why is Philly so willing to let him go?    And it's not the money,  they just gave it him a big deal.

I have no interest in DJax.     None.

Did he say he is not happy with it? I have not read anything about him saying he wanted more money.

Did he say he is not happy with it? I have not read anything about him saying he wanted more money.

I don't know if his current unhappiness has anything to do with his contract?

All I know is about 10 days ago came stories of his unhappiness followed by stories of the Eagles being willing to trade him.

The guy never seems happy.   Something is always bothering him.    Whatever it is, at some point,  that act grows tired.

Yeah. Good luck to him finding 53 unselfish players. I know DeSean has had his issues but not have heard much from him since he got his money. I think the contract is more what Kelly dislikes given the system he runs.

Kelly is willing to take a 6 million dollar dead cap hit to get rid of him. There have been reports about arguing with teammates and coaches. He is a pain

Kelly is willing to take a 6 million dollar dead cap hit to get rid of him. There have been reports about arguing with teammates and coaches. He is a pain

I know that. But I was wondering about his contract. I have not heard him talk about money since he got his deal.

by cutting or trading him they eat 6 million and only save 6 million

So it is a wash and if they get a pick which they should then they make out in the deal. If a player that is making his type of cash does not fit your system then it is best to move on as quick as possible.

So it is a wash and if they get a pick which they should then they make out in the deal. If a player that is making his type of cash does not fit your system then it is best to move on as quick as possible.

I'm not sure you can say a guy with 82 catches and 1300 yards doesn't fit your system

I'm not sure you can say a guy with 82 catches and 1300 yards doesn't fit your system

He runs a very unorthodox offense and like I said he probably figures he can get the production from a couple of players vs paying Jackson. It is typical for new coaches who didn't sign current players to their deals to get rid of them.

Yeah. Good luck to him finding 53 unselfish players. I know DeSean has had his issues but not have heard much from him since he got his money. I think the contract is more what Kelly dislikes given the system he runs.

Lol...Jackson hasn't stop being in the news. 2 days after the eagles lost in the playoffs, he said he wanted a new contract. His home recently got burglarized and it's rumored that it was by some of his shady friends. He was flashing gang signs on his twitter. He's admitted to giving up on plays. I believe it's all this plus what you said about the contract.

The Eagles are crazy.

They just overpaid Sproles who will be banged up on the injury reserve before the season's over. They are about to let their best wide receiver go, oh and yeah.....the defense.....um what defense again? I can't remember what I was thinking, defense. The Eagles defense looks horrible most the time out there.

Send Jackson to the Jets to hook up with Vick, someone's gotta rise up and start giving the Patriots competition again. I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets make the playoffs again. Anything besides New England or Denver in the AFC Championship is better than what we are used to seeing.

My opinion of DJax has always been that the guy is not worth the headache. Sure,  he can turn in a good season here and there but, his showboating has denied him more than one touchdown and that is just ridiculous if you ask me. When he is not showboating he is demanding more money or upset at one thing or the other. I have never heard one good thing said about him outside of football. Does he do anything for his community? If so... maybe he should keep his mouth shut and do some more humble service in hope he doesn't always have to be "that guy" with all the talent that nobody wants to be around.

Why do you keep bringing up the system they use? He had over 1,300 yards under that system. You want your team to get him, so you're ignoring that this has everything to do with his attitude and nothing to do with systems or contracts.

Kelly simply won't deal with selfishness. I could have told you that before this news broke. When Chip was hired, I wondered how long it would take before Jackson was gone. Chip is arrogant and expects a certain attitude, and it wouldn't matter if it was Peyton Manning, if you're a distraction, you're gone.

The Eagles are crazy.

They just overpaid Sproles who will be banged up on the injury reserve before the season's over. They are about to let their best wide receiver go, oh and yeah.....the defense.....um what defense again? I can't remember what I was thinking, defense. The Eagles defense looks horrible most the time out there.

Send Jackson to the Jets to hook up with Vick, someone's gotta rise up and start giving the Patriots competition again. I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets make the playoffs again. Anything besides New England or Denver in the AFC Championship is better than what we are used to seeing.

The offense will be good with or without him, and the defense completely changed schemes last year. They're a year or two away but will be good for a long time.

I read reports saying that Kelly doesn't like his attitude. Kelly wants team-first guys and DeSean is far from that. What's interesting is I also read Carolina could be a potential suitor. But if Carolina lets Steve Smith go because they think he's a distraction in the locker room, bringing in DeSean wouldn't make sense

That is what I have heard about Jackson in everything I have read... money is no issue, but the guy seems to be his own worst enemy. My guess is he ends up in San Francisco where Harbaugh cares more about winning then any issues like that.

He fits the Eagles so well though.

Why do you keep bringing up the system they use? He had over 1,300 yards under that system. You want your team to get him, so you're ignoring that this has everything to do with his attitude and nothing to do with systems or contracts.

Kelly simply won't deal with selfishness. I could have told you that before this news broke. When Chip was hired, I wondered how long it would take before Jackson was gone. Chip is arrogant and expects a certain attitude, and it wouldn't matter if it was Peyton Manning, if you're a distraction, you're gone.

If it is JUST that reason then expect a full exodus of Eagles players soon. I think the $10 mil per year has a little something to do with them wanting to trade him.

If it is JUST that reason then expect a full exodus of Eagles players soon. I think the $10 mil per year has a little something to do with them wanting to trade him.

I couldn't disagree more. Players love him, Jackson is just a huge pain. Always has been. Chip won't deal with people like him, nor will they draft someone with that attitude.

I think the biggest issue is his problems in the locker room/practice. I think Chip also feels like his system will be fine without him because he can replace those numbers with Macklin or someone else. I may disagree there...in college yes..but the pros you still need exceptional players to get things done. I think he sees that a mediocre talent like Riley Cooper can make big plays you don't absolutely need a DJAX. Add the huge contract to the fact and its a recipe for moving on. I don't think they cut him though...taking a 6 million dollar hit is crazy. Especially when there are teams out there that could use him and have money. Oakland, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Jets all have the money to afford him. Jets just got rid of Holmes so they maybe cautious...and Oakland has just been cautious all offseason...and Cleveland just signed Hawkins but I have to believe he gets traded. They are asking a 3rd rd pick and to pay that AND his salary...might be difficult...but I can't imagine them eating 6 million...I think a trade gets done. If I was a team that needed a difference maker and had no cap worries like Oakland or Jacksonville...I'd get it done. I think there are other teams like NE, KC, SEA, CAR, and SF that would be interested at a cheaper price. There will be a lot of competition for him..and I think a trade gets done...similar to the Sproles deal....probably a 4th rd pick.

I will say though..two teams I think could be interested that have cap space would be Minnesota and Cincinnati...Minny needs a playmaker like him and opposite Green in Cincy would be nasty dangerous. Dalton would have no excuses.

Yeah. Good luck to him finding 53 unselfish players. I know DeSean has had his issues but not have heard much from him since he got his money. I think the contract is more what Kelly dislikes given the system he runs.

i dont think its a money is an issue. I just think they clashed. My cousin is a big time eagles fan, and he told me that it seems Kelly is more into chemistry type of stuff, while Desean has an attitude that doesnt seem to like mesh with Him. That doesnt mean he is a bad dude but he is kind of a diva

i dont think its a money is an issue. I just think they clashed. My cousin is a big time eagles fan, and he told me that it seems Kelly is more into chemistry type of stuff, while Desean has an attitude that doesnt seem to like mesh with Him. That doesnt mean he is a bad dude but he is kind of a diva

Sure but if he was making 5 mil instead of 10 mil they could probably get over their differences.