Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Pouncey?

Hello everyone.

If you are like me, then you would be hoping that we hear news about Alex Mack coming to the Colts etc. Anyway I thought I could throw in another name for a potential center: that being ( as in the title) Mike Pouncey of the Miami Dolphins.

There have been rumors that he could be traded as part of the Jonathan Martin fiasco ( with Martin being traded, John Jerry and Richie Incognito not being resigned.)

He is only 24 years old and he has been to the pro bowl this year. according to PFF ( can't remember exact stats) but he was ranked about 10-12 for centers so he could be a huge upgrade ( not hard but still.)

Let me hear your thoughts.

Character concerns follow the Poucey brothers, and I'm not talking about Jon Martin's ordeal.  You clearly don't have to be a saint to wear the blue, but I'm not sure that a Pouncey is what we are looking for here.

This, I doubt they would trade him but even if they did I don't know that I'd want him.  

I believe this guy was wearing a "Free Hernandez" hat shortly after Hernandez's arrest for murder.

Miami is not trading Pouncy.

Indy does not need to spend a #1 to get Pouncy and it would cost at least that.

Pouncy is a very good player -- but a highly questionable human being.   He's viewed as having been way, way too close to............  Aaron Hernandez.    Both Pouncy brothers are seen that way.

Whatever rumors are out there about Miami moving him, I don't think are very credible.

With all of their lineman basically gone I don't think they will actually trade him unless they could get a heck of a deal.  I think they may have traded him if martin stayed but since he is gone who knows..

They probably want a 1st or 2nd rounder for him and if that's the case not worth it.

They probably want a 1st or 2nd rounder for him and if that's the case not worth it.

Yeah you dont spend a 1 or 2 unless u know that player can come in and contribute right away.... They learned that from the TRICH trade but I think TRICH will workout when he gets a full offseason under his belt with the colts.

Both Pouncey brothers are very upstanding citizens on and off the field, it was highly noted during the time at UF.

They are unfairly catching a lot of flak because they're friends with Aaron Hernandez, who we don't even know 1% if he is guilty or not, despite people thinking themselves to be experts when all they've done is read a few words behind a computer screen.