Must Make a MOVE

Jonathan24

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That move would be for football reasons and it would get the team back in the lime light considering they was already interested in alex mack.  and the reason I said a "high profile" move is because mack is really the only player that is left that could be considered "high profile" that they were already pursuing.  Im not saying that they go out and make a ridiculous attempt to trade for a player.  That would only magnify Irsay recklessness 

And what makes you think Alex Mack now wants to sign with us. We just proved our Owner is about as bad as the one he would be leaving. We have to make moves because we have needs...it won't stop us from that...but if we have to sign someone to try to change the subject matter on talk radio...not going to happen...and not going to change their mind. This story will die down in a week or so...there will be other things to talk about. Had it happened the week before free agency it would be out of the media by now...it has legs now because the big stories are gone. The media are sensationalists...the look for stories...soon enough there will be a different one. If we was to make a knee jerk move like the Trent trade now...I would really question it.

Do you think that chris clemons would be considered a big move? / why do you think he is still available.

Jonathan, I will give you this, you're half right in that we do need to make another move, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a big one.

Should've probably posted your conspiracy theory about Jim in the Jim Irsay thread, where it would have been less pronounced.

Now, if you were merely trying to create a f/a thread, you failed.  Just admit that your logic is wrong and this will pass.

so you knowingly gave an uninformed opinion??  

A lot of people give "uninformed opinions"...many with varying degrees of information...I do think taking a step back to let all this clear up would be good for everyone...it's a bad situation...and a sad one...hopefully we can focus on the big picture of his recovery and those he has affected and could have affected and not worry so much about the Colts. I love my Colts but if there is a price to pay..or an example to be set for others that would deter anyone else from going down this path...I say do it. Sending a message and hopefully hammering home the fact that this behavior is very dangerous and taken seriously and if a punishment would send a message to others before ingaging in this behavior I'm all for it...whatever it is....suspensions or draft pick. Colts may be my favorite team but the safety of my neighbors and children come first...and his actions were extremely hurtful to himself..but very easily could have been hurtful to someone else. I'm so thankful this didn't turn out worse...so thankful.

You ever think that maybe Jim NEEDS this "high profile" attention so he is forced to really get the help AND support he needs to get a handle on this problem? It seems you are just concerned with how bad you look in the media as a Colts fan.

Damage control? That's disrespectful and embarrassing how selfish you sound. I get it, signing A Mack would be a "positive" media frenzy. But Jim Irsay, the man you say you care about isn't just a bad comment on twitter. His life is on the line, don't ever confuse that with team business and your inability to not get emotionally unstable over "bad press".

Just get back up Jim, some of us don't care what the media says or put draft picks and money over the people we care about getting better. 

Colts need to make a move to get the attention back to the team instead of Irsays actions.  It would have to be a high profile move.

Colt fans have long known that Jim more than likely had a problem. To make a move just to take heat off of the problem makes no sense. Jim needs some professional help and it has nothing to do with the Colts. Addictions knows no race, creed or financial status.

At some point damage control will need to be done.  As to what they are going to do vs what I think they need to do will be totally different.  Im more of less of thinking of a way that they can make the fans happy in the process.  Far-fetched???? maybe but as we know this isnt the perfect world.

Damage control?? It's cut and dried. True Colt fans will still be Colts fans reguardless of Jims additions and trouble with the law. The way to make Colt fans happy is for Jim to get the help he needs and continue to be the owner he has been. You seem to be more worried about what outside media is saying than anything else. As a Colt fan I could care less what Mike and Mike, First Take or any other media outlets have to say or think.

Jonathan, I will give you this, you're half right in that we do need to make another move, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a big one.

Should've probably posted your conspiracy theory about Jim in the Jim Irsay thread, where it would have been less pronounced.

Now, if you were merely trying to create a f/a thread, you failed.  Just admit that your logic is wrong and this will pass.

Nope this wasnt a free agent thread.  My logic is my logic and everyone is entitled to their opinion, If u dont like the thread then dont post.

Damage control?? It's cut and dried. True Colt fans will still be Colts fans reguardless of Jims additions and trouble with the law. The way to make Colt fans happy is for Jim to get the help he needs and continue to be the owner he has been. You seem to be more worried about what outside media is saying than anything else. As a Colt fan I could care less what Mike and Mike, First Take or any other media outlets have to say or think.

As a colt fan u should want the nay sayers to move on to something different other than talking about negativity 

Colt fans have long known that Jim more than likely had a problem. To make a move just to take heat off of the problem makes no sense. Jim needs some professional help and it has nothing to do with the Colts. Addictions knows no race, creed or financial status.

I beg to differ this has everything to do with the colts.

You ever think that maybe Jim NEEDS this "high profile" attention so he is forced to really get the help AND support he needs to get a handle on this problem? It seems you are just concerned with how bad you look in the media as a Colts fan.

Damage control? That's disrespectful and embarrassing how selfish you sound. I get it, signing A Mack would be a "positive" media frenzy. But Jim Irsay, the man you say you care about isn't just a bad comment on twitter. His life is on the line, don't ever confuse that with team business and your inability to not get emotionally unstable over "bad press".

Just get back up Jim, some of us don't care what the media says or put draft picks and money over the people we care about getting better. 

We all know Jim wont get any jail time, probation maybe...

Then why change the subject and talk about random free agents, like you did on page 2?

How many post I have on page 2, I talked about clemons and news being leaked...... and clemons could be remotely considered a "HIGH PROFILE" type players which goes with the entire discussion that has being going on.  

Comprehension is key.......

Nope this wasnt a free agent thread. My logic is my logic and everyone is entitled to their opinion, If u dont like the thread then dont post.

You know I've always found that opinion a cop out. If people had never spoken up against things they don't agree with the world would be a much darker place.

If if your opinion isn't strong enough to stand up to reasoned argument than it can't be particularly valid in the first place?

Were they really worth what he paid for them? Just because they was high priced doesn't mean they were those top tier players.

The point is, players will go where they can get paid. It doesn't matter what the owner is doing on a personal level

How many post I have on page 2, I talked about clemons and news being leaked...... and clemons could be remotely considered a "HIGH PROFILE" type players which goes with the entire discussion that has being going on.  

Comprehension is key.......

Care to share your thoughts on how signing Clemons would distract the impending national media blitz?  As if a player on a tier lower than Bethea would cancel out the issue at hand.  This issue won't be solved by making a transaction, to think the inverse is so thoroughly true is naïve at best.

A lot of people give "uninformed opinions"...many with varying degrees of information...I do think taking a step back to let all this clear up would be good for everyone...it's a bad situation...and a sad one...hopefully we can focus on the big picture of his recovery and those he has affected and could have affected and not worry so much about the Colts. I love my Colts but if there is a price to pay..or an example to be set for others that would deter anyone else from going down this path...I say do it. Sending a message and hopefully hammering home the fact that this behavior is very dangerous and taken seriously and if a punishment would send a message to others before ingaging in this behavior I'm all for it...whatever it is....suspensions or draft pick. Colts may be my favorite team but the safety of my neighbors and children come first...and his actions were extremely hurtful to himself..but very easily could have been hurtful to someone else. I'm so thankful this didn't turn out worse...so thankful.

Wait, so you think jim was taking pain killers for fun? Obviously we haven't seen the same Jim overs the years. The last few years you can tell his health has gone down hill. Not sure what his alignments are but you can tell he hasn't been healthy. Back problems? Who knows. Anyways he could easily got hooked on pain killers from taking them from said pain.

Care to share your thoughts on how signing Clemons would distract the impending national media blitz?  As if a player on a tier lower than Bethea would cancel out the issue at hand.  This issue won't be solved by making a transaction, to think the inverse is so thoroughly true is naïve at best.

That's why i asked would clemons be considered a BIG MOVE,  I didn't say he was.  

Wait, so you think jim was taking pain killers for fun? Obviously we haven't seen the same Jim overs the years. The last few years you can tell his health has gone down hill. Not sure what his alignments are but you can tell he hasn't been healthy. Back problems? Who knows. Anyways he could easily got hooked on pain killers from taking them from said pain.

i know he had a hip replacement not long ago

I also saw that some of the meds he had was usually given to people that had a recent face lift... Not sure if that is true or not.

I also saw that some of the meds he had was usually given to people that had a recent face lift... Not sure if that is true or not.

Pain killers are pain killers. I know quite a few guys who have pill addictions. All started from when they took them for pain.

If the Browns rescind the offer then he would just become an unrestricted free agent, correct? He could then sign whatever deal he wants with the team of his choosing.

That's why the Browns will not rescind the offer.  If Mack doesn't sign, only the Browns will be allowed to negotiate a deal after Jul 22 for 2014 if he doesn't sign any offer sheet or tender,. Either that or Mack has to sit out the rest of the whole year if not signed by a certain time during the upcoming football season.  He will not become a free agent. He'll sign the transition  tender, or hold out and at some point workout a deal to play with the Browns for 2014, or hold out the whole year and try again as a FA in 2015.  

I think they still have faith in Toler but if he has another year of injuries I don't see him being here next off-season.

toler wasn't that good last year when healthy let alone injured but he has one chance if he isn't better this season and play at least 11-12 games then he needs to be gone.