Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How about trading down?

I looked at Walter, and they have a lot of great players at #90.  Marcus Smith and Will Sutton were both available.  So was Smallwood.  We could still pick up guys like Russell Bodine the center from North Carolina, and E.J. Gaines CB, and Justin Ellis NT.  Tre Boson, the safety is also falling in the draft.

trade down twice

3.  Marcus Smith

4.  Russell Bodine

4.  Justin Ellis

5.  Tre Boston

5.  James Hurst

More inclined to expect Griggs to trade up a few spots to get an identified scheme specific Defensive Back talent. or not :D

For you Nervous Nellies, I think a healthy Donald Thomas could be as good or better at Center than the 2nd tier guys you have wanted. JMO of course.

I love the idea of trading down.     And -- if possible -- I also love the idea of trading down twice!

I suspect we could trade down and still get the guy we love if we stayed at 59.    We don't have to trade down far to collect picks.

There's an art to trading down.    I've yet to see Grigson do it....   but since this is being called one of the deepest drafts ever, and we only have 5 picks -- total --  if there was ever a draft that was tailored to trade down,  this one is it!

Yeah, I know Walter isn't great, but it is the only mock that is updated past 4 rnds that is free

Is there any other free mock that is updated regularly that is more than two rounds?

DraftTek....but I think it's done by computer or something

OK guys, I traded down once, and this is what I got with Drafttek,

3.  Marcus Smith/      Smallwood would be my second choice

3.  Justin Ellis             Ellis is a beast, but Richburg and Bitonio were also available  

4.  Brent Urban           This would be a great value pick

5. Cody Hoffman        He has done nothing but produce big time  - Devonta Freeman the rb from FSU was also available

If we traded down and got extra 4th round picks, would any of you like us drafting Arthur Lynch, TE, Georgia?

Every article I read screams OUTSTANDING run blocker, smooth route runner with not much speed or potential after catch but good hands to catch what is thrown at him for the most part.

He is probably the best inline blocking TE in this draft, IMO, and is the guy you can rely on in a Pep Hamilton offense to play and produce consistently.

If we traded down and got extra 4th round picks, would any of you like us drafting Arthur Lynch, TE, Georgia?

Every article I read screams OUTSTANDING run blocker, smooth route runner with not much speed or potential after catch but good hands to catch what is thrown at him for the most part.

He is probably the best inline blocking TE in this draft, IMO, and is the guy you can rely on in a Pep Hamilton offense to play and produce consistently.

DA is a really good blocker...don't really see the point, unless Lynch is considered a late rd prospect.

I looked at Walter, and they have a lot of great players at #90.  Marcus Smith and Will Sutton were both available.  So was Smallwood.  We could still pick up guys like Russell Bodine the center from North Carolina, and E.J. Gaines CB, and Justin Ellis NT.  Tre Boson, the safety is also falling in the draft.

trade down twice

3.  Marcus Smith

4.  Russell Bodine

4.  Justin Ellis

5.  Tre Boston

5.  James Hurst

I'm so glad your initial post was more than just "Discuss." ;)

+1

I can understand the interest in trading down given the nature of a projected deep draft, but even if I could get value in a trade down it isn't an option if a clear BPA difference-maker has slipped to 59.  I know he is projected to go higher, but there is no way you trade down if a player like Van Noy is there.  Given the run on OT's, WR's, and CB's that is likely to occur, there is a greater likelihood that a special player is setting there at 59 and you have to take them.

I would be surprised if Grigson doesn't make some kind of move.  If they don't trade back I can see him getting back into the 4th and giving up the 3rd in 2015 to do it.  I'm not a fan of continuing to leverage picks but with this being a deep draft I can see him doing it.  I would only trade back if they can can get something in the top eight picks in round 3 & 4 in exchange for the Colts 2nd.

I have no problem with trading down, particularly for picking up picks in next year's draft.

Next year will be a stacked WR draft. Among the names available are Amari Cooper, Dorial Green-Beckham, Stefon Diggs, and Jaelen Strong. Extra picks would help us move up if need be.

Hopefully someone is available at #59 that at least one team is really excited about!

If I trade down for an additional 3 and a 4, I'd go this way:

3.Christian Jones, Florida State, ILB, 6-3, 240

3.Dion Bailey, S, USC, 6'0", 201

4.Cameron Fleming, OG/OT, Stanford, 6'5", 323 (technician)

5.Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College, 6-0, 232 (athletic freak, coverage guy, we need one of those)

6.Walt Aikens, CB, Liberty, 6'1", 205 (good base talent, can be coached up to be solid CB at the NFL)

7.George Atkinson III, RB, Notre Dame, 6'1", 218 (great upside, low mileage)