Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aqib Talib to Broncos [Merge]

HtownColt

Right. The way he is building is intentional because of the Manning window. It is a lousy strategy and will come crashing down when Manning is gone.

To what? 8-8...like they were before he got there....hmm don't see the problem....and who knows...maybe they have something special in Brock...they are still going to re-sign Thomas and co. People don't understand but when Peytons 20 mill come off the books worst case scenerio....they pull a Indy Colts and rebuild.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they actually get better at RB with Monte Ball...Decker hurts but that is why they re-signed Caldwell who was very good...he doesn't have to garner attention...he isn't going up against #1 corners...DT is...and they likely draft another young receiver in the first or second rd to help. I think Ball and Anderson will be fine at RB. Pass blocking is the biggest key but who knows...maybe they let Virgil Green go back there and run it/block...they have options and we all know RBs are a dime a dozen....(you guys have like a bakers dozen). The thing is he hasn't done anything that won't allow them to re-sign DT and Miller. They essentially cap wise swapped Bailey for Talib and DRC for Ward and yes spent more for getting Ware over bringing back Decker and Shaun Phillips. They have added attitude to the defense...guys that like to hit and rough you up a bit...nothign wrong with that. To me this is a more complete squad all-around than last year. Peyton can have a 3 and out...put up 26 and probably still win if they round this out. I know it sucks to see and we all jump to conclusions but they have managed their cap well...this is the reward of doing so.

Ball fumbles but I doubt they run much anyways. I think you have more faith in these FAs then me. I want to see them play and stay on the field before I anoint this team. And as you say they still have offensive issues to take care of.

Its foolish to rebuild just because 1 player leaves.  If you build your team with a solid foundation across the board, it can sustain hits in certain places, even QB.  The seahawks had a 2nd year QB and won the SB because they had lots of talent spread out across their roster.  Obviously Elway doesn't care about the future of the Broncos, so the fans better pray that his all-in, mortgage the future strategy buys him a ring because that team is going to be a door mat for years to come when all these contracts catch up to them in 2 years.

You can only have a few guys on the team that make top money with the salary cap, and if any of those guys go down, your team suffers greatly for it, as witnessed by the Pats last year when they lost 5 of their top paid studs in Wilfork, Gronk, Volmer, Mayo and Hernandez.. 

I don't know if they'll be a door mat, but if I were a Broncos fan I would not have much confidence in the way the future team is looking. Giving a 32 year old DE, coming off his worse year as a pro $10M a year, does not seem like a smart move. Giving a severely overrated CB, with poor character, injury history, and a tendency to disappear in big games $10M a year, does not seem like a smart move. Elway is not the GM the media makes him out to be. His strategy doesn't even work short-term, let alone long-term. 

If Miller or DT has to test FA next year, I wouldn't mind taking a shot at one of them.

I don't know if they'll be a door mat, but if I were a Broncos fan I would not have much confidence in the way the future team is looking. Giving a 32 year old DE, coming off his worse year as a pro $10M a year, does not seem like a smart move. Giving a severely overrated CB, with poor character, injury history, and a tendency to disappear in big games $10M a year, does not seem like a smart move. Elway is not the GM the media makes him out to be. His strategy doesn't even work short-term, let alone long-term. 

If Miller or DT has to test FA next year, I wouldn't mind taking a shot at one of them.

^^^^^THIS. I agree with every single word of this post.

Patriots fan being hypocritical? No way.

Before Free Agency last year: "Wes Welker is one of the best receivers ever." 

He signs with Denver and New England brings in Amendola: "LOL Welker is over the hill. Amendola is so much better, so we got a steal."

I see it from several New Englanders in my Madden leagues. Just LOL.

so now you think talib is overrated... lol should i go dig up the posts of you claiming him to be a top 3 corner just a few weeks ago?

Go ahead and dig up the posts. I said he was top 3 for the first few games he played then he was injured (big surprise) and not near that again. I have also said repeatedly he was not worth more than 7-8 mil year much less 9mil+ and $26 guaranteed. Terrible contract for a guy that does not play in the post-season.

Go ahead and dig up the posts. I said he was top 3 for the first few games he played then he was injured (big surprise) and not near that again. I have also said repeatedly he was not worth more than 7-8 mil year much less 9mil+ and $26 guaranteed. Terrible contract for a guy that does not play in the post-season.

funny how your tune changes now that he bailed

I'm sure the numbers aren't much more than the patriots were offering

Are you joking? The Pats were nowhere close to 9.5 mil over 6 years and 26 mil guaranteed. They were working on a three year deal. No team officially made any offers to Talib and no football person had him valued anywhere near what the Broncos offered him. 

Are you joking? The Pats were nowhere close to 9.5 mil over 6 years and 26 mil guaranteed. They were working on a three year deal. No team officially made any offers to Talib and no football person had him valued anywhere near what the Broncos offered him.

So you were in the negotiations? Or do you get all of your info from @Bostonheadlines

Are you joking? The Pats were nowhere close to 9.5 mil over 6 years and 26 mil guaranteed. They were working on a three year deal. No team officially made any offers to Talib and no football person had him valued anywhere near what the Broncos offered him. 

Well on the NFL station today it was said that he received a little more than  what the Pats offered him so who knows and I would think the NFL station would know more than radio announcers. Just my thoughts.

Well on the NFL station today it was said that he received a little more than  what the Pats offered him so who knows and I would think the NFL station would know more than radio announcers. Just my thoughts.

Pats were not offering anything close to 6 years at 9.5 with 26 guaranteed. No team was.

Pats were not offering anything close to 6 years at 9.5 with 26 guaranteed. No team was.

I am not going to argue with you am I just said what I heard on the NFL station on television. Sorry it doesn't agree with what the radio stations in Boston said. Done with this subject..............

Give me yours that say the Pats or any other team offered that? If the deals were there surely they would be reported?

when do other offers ever come out? The only one i can remember is the welker offer from the pats last year. Oddly enough, it was very close to what the broncos gave him

do you have the offers the redskins and pats were offering Talib?

I have to ask you, do you bleed the orange and blue? i see you have Manning as your avatar. Are you one of those "Colts" fans turned Broncos closet fans as you seem to come to their beck and call at every chance you get. 

I have to ask you, do you bleed the orange and blue? i see you have Manning as your avatar. Are you one of those "Colts" fans turned Broncos closet fans as you seem to come to their beck and call at every chance you get.

So that's a no then.? k thanks

Only Elway was that dumb Susie. I assure you. See Ware deal for further evidence.

Since I am not paying any of the contracts I don't care what those players get or who pays them. I guess time will tell whether Elway was dumb or not.

And that is a yes then that you are a Broncos fan. thanks.

I was a colts season ticket holder from 85 to 04. I an a colts fan. Not that i have to explain anything to you. I just call out people who speak in absolutes with absolutely zero basis what so ever.

I was a colts season ticket holder from 85 to 04. I an a colts fan. Not that i have to explain anything to you. I just call out people who speak in absolutes with absolutely zero basis what so ever.

Your posting suggests otherwise. I just like to call out people who say they are a fan of a team when their comments indicate the opposite.

Nice deflection.

Your posting suggests otherwise. I just like to call out people who say they are a fan of a team when their comments indicate the opposite.

I'm guessing I've been to many more games than you have. Read through the broncos colts gameday thread to see where my loyalties lie. I still root for peyton when he isn't playing against the colts I'm guessing you were a Stanford fan and jumped on board when we drafted luck

I don't live in Indy so I have not had the pleasure of seeing the Colts live many times. I have been following them since the early 80's. I have loved all our Qbs right up to Luck. I get the Peyton loyalty but your postings suggest that you are rooting for the Broncos. Just the impression I get as you have been defending the Broncs pretty heavy today. I prefer to see them go 0-16 every year and of course the Colts to win the SB ever year.