Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aqib Talib to Broncos [Merge]

HtownColt

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I disagree. I'm not a fan of Talib off the field, and I wouldn't have wanted to give him that much money, but the numbers are in line with the market. 

I'd rather have Davis, for sure, but Talib was a top three corner in this free agency, and he got top three money. Makes sense.

If I were Elway I would have kept DRC and signed Verner. Two very good CBs for a little more than the price of Talib.

I love the TJ Ward signing though.

They do have their draft picks but what issues do you see on the line? They get a pro bowl LT in Clady back....Clark moves over to RT....Franklin moves to guard to replace Beadles where he is a better fit...they actually upgraded their line....just by getting healthy and having Clark get experience....of course injuries could change that but I gotta think they are WAY better than most on that line. They re-signed Caldwell who played very well last year in his action (especially when Welker went down)...and likely will draft a wr. RB I think they are happy with their progression from their backs...sure they will add someone but it won't cost them nearly what you would think...maybe even bring back Moreno...he isn't getting big $$ I don't think. Offense is perfectly fine...and maybe even better if they get a good young wr in first or second rd...and defense is looking to be A LOT better if Carter comes back healthy and they land Allen or Ware.

Who plays center? Is Franklin as good at guard as Beadles was? Their line got DESTROYED in the Super Bowl, and I know Clady coming back helps (assuming he's able to play at a high level), but I still think they have question marks on the interior.

They can survive losing Moreno, and even Decker. Taking a step back for this offense still places them as a top five unit in 2014. They were the top scoring offense by more than 10 points. But the protection has to hold up for them to have a chance in the postseason.

Yeah, I disagree. I'm not a fan of Talib off the field, and I wouldn't have wanted to give him that much money, but the numbers are in line with the market. 

I'd rather have Davis, for sure, but Talib was a top three corner in this free agency, and he got top three money. Makes sense.

I agree...not just a top 3 corner in the market...but possibly in the league watching his performance last year. He has had some nagging injuries....will he be injury free?? Also his suspension issues...thats got to be scary over a 6 yr contract...but no doubt he was the most talented Corner on the market imo. He is a shut down corner....he has shown that. Given most teams Denver plays in that division has maybe 1 good wr...thats scary...it really means you can use Ward in the box a lot more or roll coverage to half the field....thats big.

If I were Elway I would have kept DRC and signed Verner. Two very good CBs for a little more than the price of Talib.

I love the TJ Ward signing though.

I think Talib is better than DRC and Verner, but that wouldn't have been a bad route to take.

Wow. Broncos aren't messing around. That Manning window is getting smaller, and they're going after it. If they also get Ware? That defense is significantly better.

Importing many high-priced free agents from other teams rarely seems to lead to Super Bowls. Look at the teams that win.

Wow. Broncos aren't messing around. That Manning window is getting smaller, and they're going after it. If they also get Ware? That defense is significantly better.

But they still have offensive line issues, and look to be losing their best RB and their second best WR.

The O-line is set......if Ryan Clady returns healthy...

...RB is also set and Manning can make a good WR out of anybody

the question is at LB, where they are old and injured

The Patriots seem like they may very well have a DOWN year this year?

That's what they all say every single year...even last year losing Welker and we still won our division and had a good season.

I am sure BB has some plans, we need to get younger, we need fresh blood, I think this year the Patriots will go after some TE and cornerbacks and maybe a safety in the draft.

The Broncos are going all out, they want a SB ring badly, they will go all out this year and possibly next year.

Once their 3 second is up, they will be in a lot of trouble.

Who plays center? Is Franklin as good at guard as Beadles was? Their line got DESTROYED in the Super Bowl, and I know Clady coming back helps (assuming he's able to play at a high level), but I still think they have question marks on the interior.

They can survive losing Moreno, and even Decker. Taking a step back for this offense still places them as a top five unit in 2014. They were the top scoring offense by more than 10 points. But the protection has to hold up for them to have a chance in the postseason.

Supe.....Their line was very good for 18 games...

..and the guys who were smoked in the Super Bowl...LT Clark and RT Franklin...wont be at those positions anymore..

Franklin moves to RG and Clark to RT..

Manny Ramirez is the center..and Vasquez...all-pro is the RG.....The O-line is fine..

Montee Ball is going to be a great player..you watch..

But they have no young linebackers

They may fall back to 2012 numbers like you said top 5 numbers but what is wrong with Ramirez at center...I think he was just fine...their issues were at tackle...and Clady IS a pro bowl franchise LT...Clark was good and we will see if his transition to RT is seemless but no reason to think he couldn't handle it considering he was above avg at left where the best pass rusher were. Franklin was projected to be guard and I think they are more than content moving him inside...we saw Seattle blow by him....I really think their OL isn't going to be an issue...it wasn't an issue last year for the most part except against us and Seattle...they aren't perfect but they were still better than what most teams have. Ball is the starter at RB and with the exception of pass blocking I think he is just as good if not better than Moreno at running. Anderson looked like he could be a decent backup and Hillman is still on the roster...I agree losing Decker hurts quite a bit but Caldwell wasn't bad when he played...and I expect a wr by rd 2 at the minimum. Beadles I think was their weakest link...I think they were ok letting him walk. I'm sure they will get some depth guys but I think they actually prefer the lineup as I listed.

That's what they all say every single year...even last year losing Welker and we still won our division and had a good season.

I am sure BB has some plans, we need to get younger, we need fresh blood, I think this year the Patriots will go after some TE and cornerbacks and maybe a safety in the draft.

The Broncos are going all out, they want a SB ring badly, they will go all out this year and possibly next year.

Revis to NE?

Importing many high-priced free agents from other teams rarely seems to lead to Super Bowls. Look at the teams that win.

That because it's usually bad team trying to get good quick. Not great teams trying to get better.

Remember the 2007 Patriots? Sometimes good teams need a couple pieces, and when they get them, they promptly set the world on fire.

Signing free agents doesn't guarantee you anything, but I think the Broncos are clearly getting better.

..and the guys who were smoked in the Super Bowl...LT Clark and RT Franklin...wont be at those positions anymore..

Manny Ramirez is the center..and Vasquez...all-pro is the RG.....The O-line is fine..

Lets not forget that O-Line has played cup cakes D-Lines all year long.

If the Broncos were in the NFC-West, then this would have been a different story.

The O-line is set......if Ryan Clady returns healthy...

...RB is also set and Manning can make a good WR out of anybody

the question is at LB, where they are old and injured

I agree for the most part...Travathen isn't old though...he is solid LB. They do need a solid MLB though...if they can bring in Ware or Allen and mid-level LB they should have a much improved defense. Tony Carter is still VERY important to return healthy.

Revis to NE?

I'd love to have him, but I really doubt BB is willing to shell out top 3 CB money for Revis.

The Patriots very rarely will give out big money to players, BB looks for value all the times.

I think the FA market is currently saturated after all the signings. I don't think there is much left out there other than couple WR's and DE's.

Remember the 2007 Patriots? Sometimes good teams need a couple pieces, and when they get them, they promptly set the world on fire.

Signing free agents doesn't guarantee you anything, but I think the Broncos are clearly getting better.

Not only that but they are damaging their biggest competitors roster too. I promise it isn't a coincidence that they got Welker last year and Talib this year. We saw the effect on NE's offense last year...will the same thing happen to the defense this year? Its one thing to get better...but to weaken your biggest rival in the same swoop...thats a double whammy! You can't win a SB if you don't get there....yes I don't know if they have the pieces to beat a Seattle but they are putting a team together to be there again at least.

Lets not forget that O-Line has played cup cakes D-Lines all year long.

If the Broncos were in the NFC-West, then this would have been a different story.

Buy they aren't.in the NFC  West.....you play who you play....They didn't play 18 cupcakes..that';s just talk

and the line will be improvedin 2014..with Clady, a Pro Bowler..returning...They have a top O-line....its obvious

I'd love to have him, but I really doubt BB is willing to shell out top 3 CB money for Revis.

The Patriots very rarely will give out big money to players, BB looks for value all the times.

I think the FA market is currently saturated after all the signings. I don't think there is much left out there other than couple WR's and DE's.

Revis may come down in his cash money demands once he gets cut

Nate Irving and Danny Travathen aren't exactly old...they may not be elite but they cover alright...they just need a in the box mlb really.

Buy they aren't.in the NFC  West.....you play who you play....They didn't play 18 cupcakes..that';s just talk

and the line will be improvedin 2014..with Clady, a Pro Bowler..returning...They have a top O-line....its obvious

Again, at the end of the day, when you go to the SB, you will play top 3 defenses, that's when we can finally tell if that O-Line is really good or not.

Example 2007 Patriots, 2011 Patriots and the 2013 Broncos.

With that said, the Broncos are moving all the right moves on the defensive end of the ball, they may need to upgrade their LB corp, but I think they will be fine.

They will make another deep playoff run this year.

Gee....

By comparison our deal with Davis (4/39-20g) doesn't look so bad.....

People were calling Grigson a fool after that, but to me, signing Davis before seeing this contract was smart. If we had waited, Davis' agent would have used this Talib contract as leverage.

Again, at the end of the day, when you go to the SB, you will play top 3 defenses, that's when we can finally tell if that O-Line is really good or not.

Example 2007 Patriots, 2011 Patriots and the 2013 Broncos.

With that said, the Broncos are moving all the right moves on the defensive end of the ball, they may need to upgrade their LB corp, but I think they will be fine.

They will make another deep playoff run this year.

You never know who you'll face in the SB...I cant guess....

...but the O-line was good..one game doesn't negate 18..

....To say their line was shaky is revisionist history..and they have a 1st-team all-pro LT returning.....

... I agree about LB..its a hole..and they need either Ware or Jared Allen..

But talk about 'building the monster'

Thing is their window is about as big as yours with Brady. Lets be honest...without Brady...NE is 7-9 at best. Its the same window essentially for both teams. I agree they will target those areas...they just need to hit on some secondary guys...been awhile for them...lbs/ol they have been great...but secondary....mehh.