Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aqib Talib to Broncos [Merge]

HtownColt

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that all you got? lol. Didn't realize that made him a top 10 GM especially after going one and done as the 1 seed vs the Ravens the year prior. And didn't he also lose to the Brady and Pats after being up 24-0 down at half?

his team went to the superbowl. Many many gms can't claim that. They are again the favorite to go to the superbowl. He has done a great job with the short term plan they have. Billionaire Pat Bowlen thinks he is doing a good job or he would fire him

his team went to the superbowl. Many many gms can't claim that. They are again the favorite to go to the superbowl. He has done a great job with the short term plan they have. Billionaire Pat Bowlen thinks he is doing a good job or he would fire him

They are the fav because of Manning which was the case pretty much every year he was the Colts QB. He will be on the way out if he does not get it done with Manning in the next 2 years.

Is that all you got? lol. Didn't realize that made him a top 10 GM especially after going one and done as the 1 seed vs the Ravens the year prior. And didn't he also lose to the Brady and Pats after being up 24-0 at half?

Who are the ten who have been more succesful?

yet they went to the playoffs with him at the helm, and won a game.

Does that make him GM of the year? Choosing to start one of the worst QBs of all time and going 8-8 in the worst division in his conference and then getting crushed by the Pats as so often happens to Elway-led teams in the post-season? If that is your standard for success then by all means he is top 10.

nope, at the amazing job elway did building a team. So good tebow could win with them

What team? The defense was ranked in the bottom third of the league and he traded away their best receiver in Lloyd when Tebow was given the starting job. Honestly, Elway was just playing out the string and got lucky with all those come from behind wins and a horrid division that allowed him to win it at 8-8. I did love them beating the Steelers though. Ha.

Right. No need too as his "success" has been predicated on having arguable the best QB of his generation. I would take more than 10 GMs ahead of him - in or out of football.

Tebow as one of the worst QBs of all time to ever be given a Qb job. Tebow is a mark against Elway not the other way around. lol. Even Rex Ryan knew Tebow was garbage.

oh okay so elway is stupid for having tebow because he sucks and therefore his successes with tebow dont count, but then he gets peyton and his successes still dont count because peytons so good. gotcha. out of curiosity when will his successes count? since if he has a bad qb they "dont count" and when he has a good qb they "dont count"

:scratch:

oh okay so elway is stupid for having tebow because he sucks and therefore his successes with tebow dont count, but then he gets peyton and his successes still dont count because peytons so good. gotcha. out of curiosity when will his successes count? since if he has a bad qb they "dont count" and when he has a good qb they "dont count"

:scratch:

When he doesn't get crushed in the post-season.

well you said you could name ten gms better than elway yet only one other gm made it as far into the post season as elway. youre arguement on what makes a good gm just supports elway it seems

None of those GMs had Manning.

And you really need to spell check/grammar check your quote ...

when the broncos went to the playoff and one a game who did they

im not writing a text book, so please pull me out of the furnace of your aushwitz grammar nazi emporium

Tebow was crushed by the Pats and the Hawks crushed the Broncos last year. Like I said, when he stops getting crushed in the post-season we can talk about how he is a top 10 GM.

Grammar Nazi? How about just basic use of apostrophes, capital letters on names and a comma or two?

Tebow was crushed by the Pats and the Hawks crushed the Broncos last year. Like I said, when he stops getting crushed in the post-season we can talk about how he is a top 10 GM.

Grammar Nazi? How about just basic use of apostrophes, capital letters on names and a comma or two?

so gms arent good if they make a run in the playoffs and dont win the sb gotcha. just fyi elway is not the coach he doesnt prepare the team to play hardly. i could understand if the point you were making was about John Fox, but your arguement that because a gm that has taken his team to the playoff almost every year including a SB appearance (maybe every year not looking it up) should be viewed as terrible because some of the point differentials were high is ridiculous at best. thats probably due to a coach not preparing his team well, not the because of the gms personnel choices.

so gms arent good if they make a run in the playoffs and dont win the sb gotcha. just fyi elway is not the coach he doesnt prepare the team to play hardly. i could understand if the point you were making was about John Fox, but your arguement that because a gm that has taken his team to the playoff almost every year including a SB appearance (maybe every year not looking it up) should be viewed as terrible because some of the point differentials were high is ridiculous at best. thats probably due to a coach not preparing his team well, not the because of the gms personnel choices.

Elway hired Fox.

who would you have hired since you know everything about being a gm?

You just posted, "i could understand if the point you were making was about John Fox, but your arguement that because a gm that has taken his team to the playoff almost every year including a SB appearance (maybe every year not looking it up) should be viewed as terrible because some of the point differentials were high is ridiculous at best. thats probably due to a coach not preparing his team well, not the because of the gms personnel choices.

I was pointing out that Elway hired Fox so if Fox is the reason they lost the Super Bowl in a beat down then that falls on the GM for hiring him. One of the GMs "personnel choices" is head coach in case you didn't know.

You just posted, "i could understand if the point you were making was about John Fox, but your arguement that because a gm that has taken his team to the playoff almost every year including a SB appearance (maybe every year not looking it up) should be viewed as terrible because some of the point differentials were high is ridiculous at best. thats probably due to a coach not preparing his team well, not the because of the gms personnel choices.

I was pointing out that Elway hired Fox so if Fox is the reason they lost the Super Bowl in a beat down then that falls on the GM for hiring him. One of the GMs "personnel choices" is head coach in case you didn't know.

oh so you dont have an answer gotcha