Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aqib Talib to Broncos [Merge]

HtownColt

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Broncos aren't messing around. That Manning window is getting smaller, and they're going after it. If they also get Ware? That defense is significantly better.

But they still have offensive line issues, and look to be losing their best RB and their second best WR.

Wow....thats some serious coin! Talib also has suspension issues and to sign him long term like that...wow. It is an upgrade over DRC though....I will give Elway credit...he isn't afraid to go for it all. If they add a decent lb and either Ware or Allen they are really going to be dangerous. People also forget they re-signed Caldwell who I thought played pretty good this year. They are all in for Peyton and that has to feel good as a player to know your ownership is doing everything possible to get better. If Carter comes back healthy and they make those other moves they have to be an AFC favorite again....WOW.

Very nice signing by Denver. Their defense looks scary. Talib is an upgrade at CB and TJ Ward an upgrade on safety. They just got a whole lot better. If Ware joins.. oh boy. Him and Von Miller will be a force!

Also, it's quite amusing that Denver is "stealing" quality players from the Pats. First Welker, now Talib.

It's the same deal we did for Davis, just two more years. Wait til we see the structure, but I don't think there's anything out of whack about these numbers so far.

Yeah but Davis is a thousand times better than Talib. Elway is foolish to give this bum so much money. Bad character, poor work ethic, cry baby, not even THAT good....glad I'm not a Bronco fan. 

Wow. Broncos aren't messing around. That Manning window is getting smaller, and they're going after it. If they also get Ware? That defense is significantly better.

But they still have offensive line issues, and look to be losing their best RB and their second best WR.

They do have their draft picks but what issues do you see on the line? They get a pro bowl LT in Clady back....Clark moves over to RT....Franklin moves to guard to replace Beadles where he is a better fit...they actually upgraded their line....just by getting healthy and having Clark get experience....of course injuries could change that but I gotta think they are WAY better than most on that line. They re-signed Caldwell who played very well last year in his action (especially when Welker went down)...and likely will draft a wr. RB I think they are happy with their progression from their backs...sure they will add someone but it won't cost them nearly what you would think...maybe even bring back Moreno...he isn't getting big $$ I don't think. Offense is perfectly fine...and maybe even better if they get a good young wr in first or second rd...and defense is looking to be A LOT better if Carter comes back healthy and they land Allen or Ware.

Yeah but Davis is a thousand times better than Talib. Elway is foolish to give this bum so much money. Bad character, poor work ethic, cry baby, not even THAT good....glad I'm not a Bronco fan.

Yup. This also means they probably won't re-sign DRC. Dumb move imo.

Yeah, I disagree. I'm not a fan of Talib off the field, and I wouldn't have wanted to give him that much money, but the numbers are in line with the market. 

I'd rather have Davis, for sure, but Talib was a top three corner in this free agency, and he got top three money. Makes sense.

Big deal for Talib. The Broncos did one hell of a job shoring up their biggest need. First they get Ward, now they get Talib. If they keep DRC, holy crap, watch out for the Broncos!

I don't think DRC is coming back...Carter was very solid and they don't have the coin for two premier corners. I do think thats a bit much for Talib but there is no doubt for the next year or two if he stays healthy and playing that is a big upgrade. It will be very interesting to see what NE does...will they go after Revis???

Hm. He had a very good year but it was one year, he's been bad before that. And like another poster said, they can't keep up with these contracts, they're going all in and will be in a state of limbo for years after such as the Steelers are in now. Or maybe Elway learns from Grigs' first year and eats all the dead money in one year and rebuilds. He's a smart guy.