1. Eric Decker 5 years 38 million 20 million Guaranteed

2.  Brian De La Puente 3 years 23 million 10 million Guaranteed

3Louis Delmas 5 years 28 million 13 million Guaranteed

4. Willie Colon 2 years 3 million 1.5 million Guaranteed

5. Cortland Finnegan 2 years 13 million 6 million Guaranteed

6. Lamarr Houston 4 years 29 million 16 million Guaranteed

what do you think?

1. This is probably a little low. Probably more like 5 year $45M

2. That's a little rich for my blood. He's only really an average center. If he wants that much annually I think I'd pass. 

3. Wouldn't make a long term commitment to Delmas. He's been pretty injury prone in his career and really only has 2 good seasons.

4. Like this move for depth.

5. Pass. He was really bad last year.

6. I would love to get Houston at this price. 

I like De La Puente and Lamar Houston. Delmas would be a good option if we don't get Byrd, Clemons, or Whitner. I don't think we should sign Decker though. Cortland Finnegan wasn't very good this year, but if we keep Toler, he wouldn't be a bad option for the right price. I wouldn't give him 6 and a half a year though. What about the draft?

1. This is probably a little low. Probably more like 5 year $45M

2. That's a little rich for my blood. He's only really an average center. If he wants that much annually I think I'd pass. 

3. Wouldn't make a long term commitment to Delmas. He's been pretty injury prone in his career and really only has 2 good seasons.

4. Like this move for depth.

5. Pass. He was really bad last year.

6. I would love to get Houston at this price. 

thanks for your insight

I like De La Puente and Lamar Houston. Delmas would be a good option if we don't get Byrd, Clemons, or Whitner. I don't think we should sign Decker though. Cortland Finnegan wasn't very good this year, but if we keep Toler, he wouldn't be a bad option for the right price. I wouldn't give him 6 and a half a year though. What about the draft?

im figuring draft a guard like cyril richardson in the 2nd maybe go bpa after that

We will probably keep Toler. If we do we should sign a solid corner for depth. Someone like Tracy Porter, Nolan Carroll, or Corey Graham would be good options depending on the price.

in my last mock i suggested carroll so if i had a choice of the other corners avaliable it would be him

I think the Decker interest is overblown. 

my interest is only based on the fact that he's the only decent wide receiver available and reports that the we have mutual interest we need to upgrade the position thats my opinion and he would be a great signing yes he has issues but so does EVERYONE else

It's just a little too much for my taste- the MVT (most valuable team) of free agency never does good the next year. I could take maybe two of those, say La Puente and Houston, but not much else.

those were the two i really wanted XD hilarious you pointed out those two i would like colon for veteren depth decker because the position needs help somehow some way if its the draft then fine finnegan only because i like the player he has attitude and skill but regardless he helps the position same with delmas but de la puente and lamarr houston are the two i would be very excited to get

my interest is only based on the fact that he's the only decent wide receiver available and reports that the we have mutual interest we need to upgrade the position thats my opinion and he would be a great signing yes he has issues but so does EVERYONE else

Rather grab a rookie draft pick.

what do you think?

Why haven't I been hearing anything about a new contract for Vontae Davis im telling you now if they let him go I will be :flaming:  :flaming: because that really is stupid this tams best corner is still a free agent not good they have about 4 days until free agency begins they better get on the ball.

Why haven't I been hearing anything about a new contract for Vontae Davis im telling you now if they let him go I will be :flaming:  :flaming: because that really is stupid this tams best corner is still a free agent not good they have about 4 days until free agency begins they better get on the ball.

if we signed him to maybe a 5 year 30 million deal id be happy but even he i wouldnt want to overpay for if i had to substitute him id go for verner for around the same amount

guess when i was typing mine up i assumed we would sign him but the money for him is hard for me to guess

what do you think?

1. I hope they pass on Decker. I don't think there is a true #1 in FA. Should be interesting to see what effect the WR draft class has on these free agents. I would shoot for Golden Tate and hope for 4 years at 22 mil. Good after the catch and good downfield blocker.

2. Not sure what to make of DLP, some say he was helped out by the guards on that line? Need a C, I hope that Grigson gets it right with his next pick up.

3. If they sign Byrd or Ward it probably means no Davis. Curious to see if they show any interest in Clemons from the Dolphins. Could probably be had much less then those two? Don't know a lot about LD other than the Lions cut him.

4. Would be on board with Colon especially at that price.

5. No on Finn. Fisher cut him after having a second dose. Sign Davis or one of the others that has a potential to be a 1

6. Best on the list

1. I hope they pass on Decker. I don't think there is a true #1 in FA. Should be interesting to see what effect the WR draft class has on these free agents. I would shoot for Golden Tate and hope for 4 years at 22 mil. Good after the catch and good downfield blocker.

2. Not sure what to make of DLP, some say he was helped out by the guards on that line? Need a C, I hope that Grigson gets it right with his next pick up.

3. If they sign Byrd or Ward it probably means no Davis. Curious to see if they show any interest in Clemons from the Dolphins. Could probably be had much less then those two? Don't know a lot about LD other than the Lions cut him.

4. Would be on board with Colon especially at that price.

5. No on Finn. Fisher cut him after having a second dose. Sign Davis or one of the others that has a potential to be a 1

6. Best on the list

i love your opinion on my choices but the only reason i chose delmas is because imagine byrd and ward and how much they will command on the open market the same exact issue i have with mack we need solid players at a reasonable deal like delmas and de la puente over byrd and mack and i would love to get houston and colon to upgrade both lines and i was looking at finnegan playing opposite davis because im tired of toler but thanks for your opinion

I thought it would be fun to estimate what the cap allocation will be after the Colts' Super Bowl win in 2015.  That is the year Andrew Luck's rookie contract expires (as well as Allen, Hilton, Fleener and others).  This affects all the free agent decisions Grigson makes now.  The key number is the last one:  how much can we afford to pay our punter?  3rd receiver?  Do we have to axe Robert Mathis in 2016? (He will be 35 years old and a free agent).  Every amount over 2 million the Colts pays to a backup has to come from the remaining backups.  I think these numbers are what keeps Ryan Grigson up at night.

Offense (in Millions)                            Defense (in Millions)

QB          20           Luck                                  DE        6               Jean-Francois (or free agent)

LT           7            Costanzo                            DT        0.7            Montori Hughes

RT          7            Cherilus                              NT        3               Chapman

C             5           Brian de la Puente              LB        9               Mathis

LG          3.5         Donald Thomas                  LB        2.5            Werner

RG          0.8         Hugh Thornton                   LB        4               Freeman

WR         0.5         Jared Abbrederis                LB        5               D'Quell Jackson

WR         7           T.Y. Hilton                           CB        8.5            Davis

TE           7           Dwayne Allen                     CB        4.5            Toler

TE          4            Fleener                              SS        6                Landry

RB          4            Richardson                        FS        0.75          Jimmie Ward

66M                                                                 50M          

Total- Starters $ 115,750,000                                                     

2016 Cap space  150,000,000            Remaining Players      31

Remaining       $    34,250,000            20 Minimum Players     10,000,000

11 Main Backups            24,250,000

Average Cap Hit
 for remaining roster  $1,104,839  Average per Main Backup $2,204,545

He's the only decent WR available?

Since when?

And does the rest of the NFL know this?

who else would you prefer?

Here's a list from NFL.com....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000330222/article/free-agency-primer-top-10-wide-receivers

I think Decker is going to be way too expensive for us. 

I'm fine with a solid, but unspectacular veteran that we'd sign for a year or two....

And then take a top WR in next year's draft in the 1st or 2nd round....

Here's a list from NFL.com....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000330222/article/free-agency-primer-top-10-wide-receivers

I think Decker is going to be way too expensive for us. 

I'm fine with a solid, but unspectacular veteran that we'd sign for a year or two....

And then take a top WR in next year's draft in the 1st or 2nd round....

id like andre roberts but i would pass on most of the others roberts is solid and probably wouldnt be costly thanks for the link