Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My FInal Draft Wishlist

Stephon Tuitt - 3-4 DE - If he falls into the late 1st round or 2nd round I'd be for trading our 2015 1st round pick.  I think he is a future stud.  Could also kick inside in a 4-3 front.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1893212/stephon-tuitt

David Yankey - OG - The top guard in the draft.  Great at pulling and getting to the 2nd level.  A starter early in his career.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737649/david-yankey

Kelcy Quarles 3-4 DE - Could be another good DE in our system.  Could kick inside or stay at DE if we wanted to do a 4-3 set.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737112/kelcy-quarles

Jeremiah Attaochu - 3-4 OLB - A possible heir to Mathis as our #1 pass rusher who plays well in space.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1759310/jeremiah-attaochu

Marcus Smith - 3-4 OLB - See Attaochu

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1226349/marcus-smith

Bashaud Breeland - CB - A CB with good size at a position of need.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1765886/bashaud-breeland

Marcus Roberson - CB - If he is available with one of our later round picks, it would be a nice project pick.  His size/length/athleticism are undeniable

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1877259/marcus-roberson

Preston Brown - 3-4 ILB - A thumper/run stuffer in the middle.  

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/1760014/preston-brown

If Landry falls to the 3rd round, like I've seen in some new mocks, I wouldn't hate if we took him there.  Same with Matthews.  Martavis Bryant in the later rounds wouldn't bother me either.  Such a deep draft for WR.

Been saying for awhile that Tuitt could fall to us. I hope it happens. What I really want Is both Tuitt and DeAndre Coleman as the new DE's. Tuitt can start. Coleman can be rotational until Redding retires. That would instantly upgrade our run defense.

Been saying for awhile that Tuitt could fall to us. I hope it happens. What I really want Is both Tuitt and DeAndre Coleman as the new DE's. Tuitt can start. Coleman can be rotational until Redding retires. That would instantly upgrade our run defense.

I actually like Kelcy Quarles better, but I can't argue with Tuitt's versatility.  I just am scared away by his decline in production this past year - he apparently showed up overweight to training camp last year.  It could have been due to his surgery.  Not the worst red flag in the world, but a potential red flag nonetheless.

It would be awesome if we could get Attaochu, Quarles, or Tuitt in the 2nd, and Moncrief in the 3rd. Or I would also be happy with Pierre Desir and Moncrief. There are a lot of possibilities in this draft. Its so deep we can get 1st and 2nd round caliber players in the 2nd and 3rd.

Moncrief had such a good combine, I wouldn't anticipate that he'll fall to the 3rd R.

If the Colts want him,  I think they'll have to take him in the 2nd.

I don't see us passing on him in the 2nd, and him falling another 32 picks when we pick again in the 3rd.

The longest of long shots...........

It would be awesome if we could get Attaochu, Quarles, or Tuitt in the 2nd, and Moncrief in the 3rd. Or I would also be happy with Pierre Desir and Moncrief. There are a lot of possibilities in this draft. Its so deep we can get 1st and 2nd round caliber players in the 2nd and 3rd.

It's a very good, very deep draft....

But anyone who tells you that we'll be able to find a 1st round pick in the 2nd and a 2nd round pick in the 3rd is selling something.

This draft isn't THAT good....

Sorry.....  just sayin....

But anyone who tells you that we'll be able to find a 1st round pick in the 2nd and a 2nd round pick in the 3rd is selling something.

Sorry.....  just sayin....

In my opinion there are a few guys that will fall to us that in other years could be first round picks. For example Allen Robinson could fall to us in the 2nd. He probably would have been a first rounder last year.

In my opinion there are a few guys that will fall to us that in other years could be first round picks. For example Allen Robinson could fall to us in the 2nd. He probably would have been a first rounder last year.

Perhaps.....   You maybe right....    Robinson might've been a first round pick last year....

But....     for whatever it's worth to you.....

Last year's first round,  was an exceptionally weak first round.    One of the weakest 1st rounds ever....

The strength of last year's draft was rounds 2/3/4/5 and even into 6....    there were lots and lots and lots of quality players to be found....

Every draft is unique......

I'm not saying we won't find a very, very good player...   I think there are enough that I'm in the minority here and would like to trade back a little bit to stock up picks and still get a very good player....   Again...  there will be some very good players to find... I'd like to find as many as I can...

Hope that clarifies my thoughts....

I want Tuitt, Jones, McGill, Coleman and Moncrief. Those are my top wants. Imagine how disruptive our D-Line would be with Tuitt and Redding as our ends, with Coleman rotating in occasionally. Daquan Jones at DT. And don't even get me started on the hybrid front possibilities.

my draft wishlist

Stephon Truitt 3-4 DE  Notre Dame

Bradley Roby CB  Ohio State

Allen Robinson WR  Penn State

Marcus Smith OLB  Louisville

Gabe Jackson OG Mississippi state

Daniel McCullers NT  Tennessee

ED Stinson  DE/DT  Alabama

OC Marcus Martin  USC

WR Jared Abbrediris  Wisconsin

Seems a little early for your "FINAL" draft wishlist. We still have two more months to go!!!

I would be very hesitant to trade our first round pick next year. The only way I would trade it is if we can get an early second round pick in exchange for it and only our first round pick.

The only guys I could really say I would feel comfortable trading our first round pick for are Xavier Su'a-Filo, David Yankey, or Jason Verrett. I am not sure any of these guys fall enough into the 2nd round where a team would make that trade.

I am starting to open up to Donte Moncrief in the 2nd round. He has a ton of potential, and a year learning from Wayne could do wonders for him.

Sorry..... just sayin....

Do you know this as fact? Or is this just your opinion? Sounds to me like your claiming this is a fact and a forgone conclusion that you already know, when none of these players have even had the chance to prove themselves on the field at the NFL level. I personally would like to know how you claim to know these things already?

Do you know this as fact? Or is this just your opinion? Sounds to me like your claiming this is a fact and a forgone conclusion that you already know, when none of these players have even had the chance to prove themselves on the field at the NFL level. I personally would like to know how you claim to know these things already?

This is a place where people give their opinions....so I would take it as such.

Weslo....    apologies in advance....   this will be a longer post, but I'm going to try and address your concerns.....

Take a look at ESPN.com on their NFL draft page.

McShay's top 32 are listed on that page....   the guys on the bottom of that list have grades of 89...   anything below 90 is a 2nd rounder in his opinion.

Take a look at the NFL.com com page and their grades....

They don't have 59 guys with first round grades.  (59 being where Indy picks)

Take a look at CBS Sports.com.... (a draft website that I don't like much)    They don't have 64 guys with first round grades.

No one (professional) who is grading the draft is talking about two rounds of first round talent and two rounds of 2nd round talent and so on... 

In the history of the draft, I think the only draft that has come close to that level of talent happened in the Elway, Kelly, Marino class back in the early 80's.    I believe that's the first class where kids who red-shirted and stayed on campus could come out....   

THAT was a loaded draft....   with incredibly deep talent.   Hall of Famers and near Hall of Famers everywhere.

It's one thing for NFL execs (like the Steelers GM) who called this one of the deepest drafts in history to say that....

But that does not translate into first round talent lasting to the bottom of the 2nd round.

Now.......   COULD a great player or two fall that far?    Sure.    That happens.

But there's a big difference between one or two players falling in the draft and having 64 players with legit first round grades.

I'm 57 years old.   I've followed the draft closely for nearly 50 years.   Drafts in all sports fascinate me.  But especially the NFL draft.

For an amateur, I've got a pretty good read of things.

I was the first person here last year to call last year's first round a bad one.   And months later other posters began to realize it.  

I was the first person to say Tyronne Mathieu wouldn't be a first rounder.   And months later other posters began to realize it.

I was the first person here last year to say no quarterback was worth the first pick in the draft or even a top-5.   I said Geno Smith would never go high.    Months later others began to catch on.   All those views were based on what I was reading across the internet.   It was not based on me watching tape and giving out my own personal grades.   I gathered information.

When CBS Sports.com rated Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib as the best player in the entire draft last year, I publicly ripped them.  

I think that happened in December -- after the season, but before the Bowl Games and Combine.   Not the best QB in the draft,  the best player!    Nassib went in the 4th round.    The guys at CBS do stupid stuff like that all the time.    That's why I scoff at Walter Football too.   

Dont' get me wrong, I'm NOT an expert.   Never claimed to be.   But I know how to analyze information and what to look for.  

I know who to pay attention to and who to be more skeptical of.  

I try to offer serious observations here.....   it's up to each poster whether to believe me or not.    So, am I offering facts or opinions?    To some degree facts....  and to some degree opinions....   so, yes to both.

If you find that I'm right a fair amount...  give me a little credit....   if you think I'm full of it and I'm wrong, then don't pay attention to me....   I've come to understand that everyone sees the world a little different.

Sorry this went on so long.....   the draft has always been fun for me.   I try to make it fun and informative for others here...  

I wanted to address your questions...

Hope this helps...

Weslo.... apologies in advance.... this will be a longer post, but I'm going to try and address your concerns.....

Take a look at ESPN.com on their NFL draft page.

McShay's top 32 are listed on that page.... the guys on the bottom of that list have grades of 89... anything below 90 is a 2nd rounder in his opinion.

Take a look at the NFL.com com page and their grades....

They don't have 59 guys with first round grades. (59 being where Indy picks)

Take a look at CBS Sports.com.... (a draft website that I don't like much) They don't have 64 guys with first round grades.

No one (professional) who is grading the draft is talking about two rounds of first round talent and two rounds of 2nd round talent and so on...

In the history of the draft, I think the only draft that has come close to that level of talent happened in the Elway, Kelly, Marino class back in the early 80's. I believe that's the first class where kids who red-shirted and stayed on campus could come out....

THAT was a loaded draft.... with incredibly deep talent. Hall of Famers and near Hall of Famers everywhere.

It's one thing for NFL execs (like the Steelers GM) who called this one of the deepest drafts in history to say that....

But that does not translate into first round talent lasting to the bottom of the 2nd round.

Now....... COULD a great player or two fall that far? Sure. That happens.

But there's a big difference between one or two players falling in the draft and having 64 players with legit first round grades.

I'm 57 years old. I've followed the draft closely for nearly 50 years. Drafts in all sports fascinate me. But especially the NFL draft.

For an amateur, I've got a pretty good read of things.

I was the first person here last year to call last year's first round a bad one. And months later other posters began to realize it.

I was the first person to say Tyronne Mathieu wouldn't be a first rounder. And months later other posters began to realize it.

I was the first person here last year to say no quarterback was worth the first pick in the draft or even a top-5. I said Geno Smith would never go high. Months later others began to catch on. All those views were based on what I was reading across the internet. It was not based on me watching tape and giving out my own personal grades. I gathered information.

When CBS Sports.com rated Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib as the best player in the entire draft last year, I publicly ripped them.

I think that happened in December -- after the season, but before the Bowl Games and Combine. Not the best QB in the draft, the best player! Nassib went in the 4th round. The guys at CBS do stupid stuff like that all the time. That's why I scoff at Walter Football too.

Dont' get me wrong, I'm NOT an expert. Never claimed to be. But I know how to analyze information and what to look for.

I know who to pay attention to and who to be more skeptical of.

I try to offer serious observations here..... it's up to each poster whether to believe me or not. So, am I offering facts or opinions? To some degree facts.... and to some degree opinions.... so, yes to both.

If you find that I'm right a fair amount... give me a little credit.... if you think I'm full of it and I'm wrong, then don't pay attention to me.... I've come to understand that everyone sees the world a little different.

Sorry this went on so long..... the draft has always been fun for me. I try to make it fun and informative for others here...

I wanted to address your questions...

Hope this helps...

I understand what your saying, but the statement that I replied to to sounded to me like you were claiming a first round talent wouldnt fall to us and that it was a gaurentee. When in fact its not. I just see how people state things and it can sound and seem.like they claim to know for a fact what's gonna happen before it happens, and that kinda aggrivates me. We can do all the research we want and gather numbers but we still don't know anything for sure. We can get close maybe but nothing is a done deal unroll ultamatley proven on the field at the NFL level. That's just how I look at it. Everyone has thier ways. No harsh feelings here though.

I understand what your saying, but the statement that I replied to to sounded to me like you were claiming a first round talent wouldnt fall to us and that it was a gaurentee. When in fact its not. I just see how people state things and it can sound and seem.like they claim to know for a fact what's gonna happen before it happens, and that kinda aggrivates me. We can do all the research we want and gather numbers but we still don't know anything for sure. We can get close maybe but nothing is a done deal unroll ultamatley proven on the field at the NFL level. That's just how I look at it. Everyone has thier ways. No harsh feelings here though.

I think the chances of a first round talent falling to us at 59 are small.    Not impossible,  but not likely either.

Now....   we might get a guy that we have ranked as a high two...   perhaps ranked 35-45 on our board.   And he might fall to us at 59.   And maybe he even turns out to be a great player.    That happens with many 2nd round guys.    But that doesn't make him a first round talent.    It means sometimes the Draft Gods smile on you!   :thmup:

No harsh feeling here either....