Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any chance we draft dri archer?

Archer is in my opinion going to labeled an Offensive Weapon by whatever team that drafts him, He can play in the slot I believe,, Good gadget type plays, Often easily taken down when a defender gets a hand on him but he is explosive in space, If a team uses him right then look out

he will end up going in the 2nd or 3rd round to a team who needs a back. which in that case if the titans release Johnson and i may be wrong but i dont think the jags are even resigning MJD, plus teams like Oakland who dont have a back on their team who can stay healthy. I honestly would not be surprised if someone drafted him in the late 1st round or early second round. heck look at Seattle a couple years ago, drafting Bruce Irvin in the first round when he was a projected 3rd rounder the highest. 

he will end up going in the 2nd or 3rd round to a team who needs a back. which in that case if the titans release Johnson and i may be wrong but i dont think the jags are even resigning MJD, plus teams like Oakland who dont have a back on their team who can stay healthy. I honestly would not be surprised if someone drafted him in the late 1st round or early second round. heck look at Seattle a couple years ago, drafting Bruce Irvin in the first round when he was a projected 3rd rounder the highest. 

lol there's no way he is going that high. You guys really overestimate his talents.

He's fast, but small and injury prone. He'll be a special teams guy who gets maybe 4-5 touches a game.  

Return duties.

Eh me to but he struggled with that, Part of that was the blocking stunk, there would be 7-8 guys down field in the picture regularly while we usually had maybe 4, 5 maybe 6 at most at first (DVR'd and counted it during games)

Hmh2alw.jpg

Speed is not the be all and end all...but you really can see Al Davis' love of speed from this list :P

Al Davis was often blinded by speed, ignoring serious flaws in a player's game (DHB, for one). He always seemed to be looking for the next Cliff Branch. The difference was that Branch was not only blazing fast, he was a decent route runner with a good pair of hands.

Eh me to but he struggled with that, Part of that was the blocking stunk, there would be 7-8 guys down field in the picture regularly while we usually had maybe 4, 5 maybe 6 at most at first (DVR'd and counted it during games)

Exactly, he was pretty bad (not David Reed level). I see Archer as a slightly better version of that. Maybe has the potential to be a poor mans Darren Sproles at best. 

lol there's no way he is going that high. You guys really overestimate his talents.

He's fast, but small and injury prone. He'll be a special teams guy who gets maybe 4-5 touches a game.  

He only missed a couple of games last year and then the second half of the bowl game.  I agree people are overestimating him, but he was generally healthy throughout his collegiate career.  That said, I think the only wya I'd be okay with taking him is as a return specialst that we draft in the 7th round, MAAAYBE the 6th round with a conditional pick - if we even have one.  I doubt he lasts that long, however.

rb is one of our only crowded positions... if we had picks to blow then i would say roll the dice.

Donald Brown is likely leaving though. In addition to him being the scat back of the team, Ballard is coming off of a knee injury and Richardson is Richardson. It would be pretty start to have another back for depth and as a change of pace.

He is not a little faster than TY, but it does not mean it translates to football speed. Essentially he is a TY clone, small and very fast except for one major difference. He played running back at Kent St., and he needs to be played out of the slot position most of the time. It will take time for him to learn routes, and it may never happen. WR transition is one of the toughest from College to Pro, and it was not his college position. TY was a great route runner as soon as he hit the field his first year!  Personally, I will take TY since he has proved himself as a stud.

That guy is blazing fast.

So is Leon Sandcastle ..

You can't spell "incredible" without Leon. Part-man, part-mouthpiece, Sandcastle talks the talk, walks the walk, then talks some more. Simply put: he's a highlight reel come to life. Mind-numbing athleticism. Instincts that would make migrating salmon envious. Wonderlic-approved intellect combined with championship-producing intangibles.Sandcastle has it all. And he likes to let you know it.

Often compared to an "ugly Deion Sanders," Sandcastle literally came out of nowhere to become the top prospect of the 2013 Draft. Well, actually, he came from a small school called Primetime University. But since no one can find PTU, no pre-Combine footage of the 6'1" superstar-to-be exists. This has led to rumors that Leon may be some type of professional ringer looking for one last payday. Some have even suggested Leon might be Deion Sanders in disguise. But those fears were put to rest following Leon's blazing 4.2 40yd dash run. "No one can run that fast with a hairpiece flip-floppin' around," said an amazed Mike Mayock.

Donald Brown is likely leaving though. In addition to him being the scat back of the team, Ballard is coming off of a knee injury and Richardson is Richardson. It would be pretty start to have another back for depth and as a change of pace.

valid points. we still have havili also, so i can't imagine us carrying more than 4 total backs on the 53 man roster... and they can easily find a training camp RB that can take the 3rd Half back slot. not worth a draft pick... on any rb this year other than the first rd pick we already have used.