Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Luck was just a tad more conservative, he might have got this team to the SB

1yrdandacloudofdust

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, if he could hand the ball off 5-6 times and build a 29-0 lead through his defense and special teams, that would be great. 

No, i`m talking about the decision making, accuracy kinda stuff. Cornerbacks etc, just can`t do HIS JOB ya know.

But thanks for the insight to what you think makes a SB Winning QB.

Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.BTW - well thought out response by you.

I don't feel the need to explain my reasoning to you. All I'm saying is that I much rather lose a playoff game or not even make the playoffs at all, rather then get blown out in the Super Bowl.

The loss to the Saints still haunts me! More then any playoff loss in the past. Even our most recent loss to New England. Happy now?

I don't feel the need to explain my reasoning to you. All I'm saying is that I much rather lose a playoff game or not even make the playoffs at all, rather then get blown out in the Super Bowl.

The loss to the Saints still haunts me! More then any playoff loss in the past. Even our most recent loss to New England. Happy now?

And I am telling that you that is a really poor rationale.  And I made my point better than you so I win.

No, i`m talking about the decision making, accuracy kinda stuff. Cornerbacks etc, just can`t do HIS JOB ya know.

But thanks for the insight to what you think makes a SB Winning QB.

He didn't throw his 1st TD pass until the game was 29-0, please tell us more how it was all about the QB again? Stop giving all the credit to one position. Seattle won because they're overall a great team, not trying to discredit Wilson because I think he's really good, and will get better, but if you're just watching the QB position for the Seahawks then that's a shame.

This thread is about everything accept Lucks 7 playoff INT's (or was it 6?). If he doesn't throw them against the Pats, that would have been nice. 

You also have to point when those INT's happened, that 1st one was just silly, but most of them came from trying to dig out of a hole. He wasn't throwing INT's with a lead.

He didn't throw his 1st TD pass until the game was 29-0, please tell us more how it was all about the QB again? Stop giving all the credit to one position. Seattle won because they're overall a great team, not trying to discredit Wilson because I think he's really good, and will get better, but if you're just watching the QB position for the Seahawks then that's a shame.

Wilson played Winning FB. Like Flacco the year before. I didn`t give credit to one position, get your head out.

Don`t think you get it AT ALL FB friend.

MAYBE, this soaks in.

Playoff Int.

Wilson - Zero

Luck?

Excuses

Disagree not saying we would have won but Denver offense couldn't do % cause Peyton can't scramble, luck would have converted a lot of those third downs scrambling. Not to mention we also had beaten the Seahawks already

we also beat KC in KC and had to come back from 28 down in the playoffs on our home field to beat them. I have been one of the few who said we would win week in and week out but there was no way we would have beaten seattle a second time around. honestly do not think we could have beaten Denver in Denver. if we had Wayne and Allen then just maybe we could have made it a fight in the playoffs. but as a division champ, and being at home we should have never been down as much as we were against a team we already beat on their home field two weeks prior. I think seattle would have geared up and would  have been ready for the colts a 2nd go around, especially with two weeks to prepare. as much as I dislike Seattle, they have one heck of a defense.

actually they really won the game because their defense was perfect.

haha!

Lets see. How did that SB game end? Hmmm! With Reggie and Peyton making Memories!

Ahh ha! Like our last one began.

Noone was tired. No tendencies. Just a pitiful setup by Brazill and a staredown that couldn`t recognize it - dumb throw.

That haunts me too! HOW?

Wilson played Winning FB. Like Flacco the year before. I didn`t give credit to one position, get your head out.

Don`t think you get it AT ALL FB friend.

MAYBE, this soaks in.

Playoff Int.

Wilson - Zero

Luck?

Excuses

This made zero sense. No idea what you're trying to say, regardless his defense and running game helps him tremendously. How many teams this season do you think beat the Saints with their QB only throwing for 102 yards? It's not excuses, just common sense, but keep looking at box scores.

we also beat KC in KC and had to come back from 28 down in the playoffs on our home field to beat them. I have been one of the few who said we would win week in and week out but there was no way we would have beaten seattle a second time around. honestly do not think we could have beaten Denver in Denver. if we had Wayne and Allen then just maybe we could have made it a fight in the playoffs. but as a division champ, and being at home we should have never been down as much as we were against a team we already beat on their home field two weeks prior. I think seattle would have geared up and would  have been ready for the colts a 2nd go around, especially with two weeks to prepare. as much as I dislike Seattle, they have one heck of a defense.

Both of Seattle`s Offensive tackles were out the week we played them.

They actually pounded us in that game. Remember TY burned them for a 73 yarder and 2 TD`s 140 yds., Almost half our total offense of 317. Seattle 423 with 218 yds rushing.

You can't play conservatively when you are down big.

Check downs and screens aren't gonna do much for you but run time off the clock at that point.

Luck is willing to go for broke for the win and it has served us well.

When the other team is running the ball the way the Patriots were then you have to throw and go for broke. The Patriots had the lead and with that run game could have easily ran down the clock, trying to get some big plays was all he could do at that point.

You can be conservative if you are winning or in a close game, throwing check downs and screens when the other team is dominating your defense is basically giving up.

dont know what that is sorry and i was saying the if game like if richardson did not fumble or if havili only caught that pass could go on and on everyone always saying if if if but doesnt matter cause it did not happen

I was teasing anyway....I figured it had to be a typo or on a phone :)  Thanks for clarifying.

haha!

Lets see. How did that SB game end? Hmmm! With Reggie and Peyton making Memories!

Ahh ha! Like our last one began.

Noone was tired. No tendencies. Just a pitiful setup by Brazill and a staredown that couldn`t recognize it - dumb throw.

That haunts me too! HOW?

And what memories were these?

Us losing by 12?

The only points I remember from that game well was..

Pierre Garçon dropping a wide open pass off his chest that he would of taken to the house perhaps.

A botched onside kick by Hank Baskett.

And Manning being picked six to end the game for us..

And what memories were these?

Us losing by 12?

The only points I remember from that game well was..

Pierre Garçon dropping a wide open pass off his chest that he would of taken to the house perhaps.

A botched onside kick by Hank Baskett.

And Manning being picked six to end the game for us..

You just had to go there to make me a Hank Baskett case the rest of the day.....

HANK-BASKETT-900x600.jpg

Luck is too great of a QB to be conservative. If he gets conservative by any means, this football team won't be capable of pulling more than 9 wins in a season.

Regarding those interceptions, the majority of them were in a situation where the team had a big deficit. But the 1st interception against the Patriots was really problematic, because that pretty much killed the game already. Can't happen again.

I've seen it mentioned a few times so far, but my thoughts on the Luck NE int in the first is as follows:

In the end the fault is Lucks. QBs get the blame regardless, but I remember thinking at the time, that, that is not the play call you make in that situation. Not sure who called it, be it Pep or Chuck, but you dont call for a short slant, to a back-up WR, at that position on the field (away no less), that early in the game. We were asking for trouble, and we got it...We had run a total of 2 plays up to that point, our WR had not had a chance to set up DBs with any sort of moves, or hesitations etc. They were clearly in press man, with no safety over the top....This is where it gets tricky. Yes Luck should not have thrown that ball, heck it looked like Hilton had worked his way open over the middle with a go route, this is where I wonder if the staff has given Luck the ability to check out of plays, b/c this was a play that NEEDED checked out of. Again, the fault is on Luck in this instance. But I cant help but think he wasn't given the option to not fail. 

Luck is special because he's not conservative.

No matter the circumstance, he will attempt any throw that he thinks will help us win.

Not only is that a clutch quality, it's a championship one.

A lot of QB's would've let their fear of making a mistake stop them from coming back in the KC game.. not Drew.

You either come up big in big moments or you go home.

Belichick has an impressive resume against young QB's, and he gave Luck his licks. Luck put the loss on himself, 4INTs is not pretty.

Some of the throws he made that game could've been framed in a museum, simply outstanding. I believe we'll be back, because we got the new #12 in town.

And everyone knows, unless that clock is showing 0's all across. HE'S NO JOKE. \

Let's find some interior linemen, and a defense to help him out in 2014! P.S. no more foolish throws like the one to start the Pats game Andrew!

The loss to the Steelers in 05 was/is worse for me. No clue why.

It used to be for me too, since I always believed if the Colts won that game then they go all the way. Saints SB is still fresher though but then again I made peace with it eventually.

The thing to me is that when you lose a Super Bowl I DO sometimes believe in the "Super Bowl hangover" effect for the following season. I always feel as if SB losers take a step back. Granted you have teams like the Pats/49ers who managed to get back to the title games a year after losing the big one in recent seasons but not many teams are as well coached as either of those squads too. But, did they get back to the big one after losing it the prior year? Nope.

I never count on the SB loser getting back the following year to the big game. The SB winner probably as well with how the league is and the Pats being the last ones to do it. But, you sure the heck would rather have that trophy in your grasp and often SB winners get a pass the following year by fans it seems.

I won't say "Super Bowl loser curse" necessarily but I do feel losing the big one can take a bit of a mental toll on an organization and some don't get back to the big one for years.

So the mental aspect of watching a team recover from a SB loss or deal with the euphoria of winning it is always fascinating to me the following year too. There just often to me anyway seems to be something "off" the following season with a team who lost the big one.