Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Conference Championship Picks

danlhart87

Denver should beat us pretty comfortably. They have Julius Thomas this time around, and we are even more injured than last time. Add in the weather, which is projected to be placid and near 60 degrees, and DEN's homefield advantage, and I don't see how we win. Call me a pessimist, but there's really nowhere that we match up well with them. But hey, I never thought we'd make it this far, so maybe I'll be wrong one more time. DEN 38-24.

I can't see 2 team's beating SEA at home in the same year,. I think they're going to blow out SF and reallhy make a statement. Just a gut feeling.SEA 31-13.

I will go with what I think and not what I want. Cause the two teams I am personally rooting for I am picking to lose right now.

Seahawks over 49ers-I want Harbaugh to get another shot at the ring but I think Seattle will be ruthless at home doing whatever it takes to win this game. SF has struggled in Seattle until proven otherwise and it is odd for the Super Bowl loser to get back to the big game the following year. Good year for both young QBs no matter who loses. BTW I think we put too much pressure on the young QBs in this league, be it the internet or the media causing it we seem to expect HOF perfection in a few years even if the QB was drafted on a porous team like Luck or RGIII.

Patriots over Broncos-Yeah I know boooo. I hope I am wrong because I think Peyton opportunities are limited. But, after this weekend I come away most impressed with New England and their ability to click as a true team with guys I never heard of in my life. In a way they give me Boston Red Sox vibes, the BostonStrong aura that seems to permeate their sports teams since the marathon. Perhaps I am wrong, just feel as if I have seen this movie before and Brady is perfect vs. JDR defenses. Of course Peyton has the weapons....more then we have and they "should not" screw up like our youngins did. But, people forget quite often that the Pats MAKE you mess up.......just have to take it and move on and hope it doesn't happen again or they fall off the face of the Earth.

Denver should beat us pretty comfortably. They have Julius Thomas this time around, and we are even more injured than last time. Add in the weather, which is projected to be placid and near 60 degrees, and DEN's homefield advantage, and I don't see how we win. Call me a pessimist, but there's really nowhere that we match up well with them. But hey, I never thought we'd make it this far, so maybe I'll be wrong one more time. DEN 38-24.

I can't see 2 team's beating SEA at home in the same year,. I think they're going to blow out SF and reallhy make a statement. Just a gut feeling.SEA 31-13.

You will run all over them. Your offensive line will man handle their d-line. Plus your opportunistic secondary always gets picks vs. Manning.

Patriots have a more complete team than Denver.

You will run all over them. Your offensive line will man handle their d-line. Plus your opportunistic secondary always gets picks vs. Manning.

Well  different game and different playing field so I don't buy into your prediction.  :huthut:            The Pats will be playing in Payton's home this time. I guess in a week we will know. :)

Well different game and different playing field so I don't buy into your prediction. :huthut: The Pats will be playing in Payton's home this time. I guess in a week we will know. :)

The last time brady had to go on the road in the playoffs was against Manning in 06. I think we know how that ended

The last time brady had to go on the road in the playoffs was against Manning in 06. I think we know how that ended

Oh Lord.... I can't take another intense game like that one....   haha  That one nearly gave me a Coronary.

But yeah,  I hope the outcome is the same   Go Peyton...!!!!

We are in agreement my friend. Yes, it did happen. I do think Pats match up really well with Denver and that has been the case for the last couple of years. I think our secondary is playing is best ball as well. It won't be easy and I do think Denver has a big advantage being at home and they should win but I do like the Pats chances just because of the match ups.

NFC:

I think Seattle will take this. I don't see them losing another game to San Francisco, especially at home. I have no idea what the score will be, it depends on what kind of game Boldin has. But Seattle will find a way to win.

AFC:

I don't know; this is literally a coin toss. Maybe Denver because they play at home, but that won't necesarily stop new England. On this one, I'll go with who I WANT to win, which is Denver.

I have a friend on facebook who is a Patriots fan,(I also met her in person) and we have had a friendly rivalry going. She's been sending me Patriots stuff and picures of Brady. Since the Colts are out, I'll be focusing on the Broncos and sending her photos and updates to her wall. So hoping Denver wins just to annoy her. LOL.  BTW, she has admitted that she likes Peyton Manning also.

I felt pretty comfortable heading into that game though in early 2007. In 2006 the Colts beat the Pats in Foxboro already. For a few years there ('05-'06) the Colts were above NE and the ball was in our court.

I am unsure now. Denver is not as well coached as our old teams were IMO. Even when the Colts lost, they were more disciplined then Denver currently is too.

Both these games IMO are toss ups though and Denver/NE may be another nail biter history says.

The last 5 games between Manning and Brady, the home team won.

I don't get it when people are saying Denver run defense is not good since they conceded some yardage to SD in week 15. The key to SD's success in that game was their continuous 3rd down conversions through the air such that they could keep running the ball. When they could not convert, things went ugly and their running game alone could not carry them against Denver.

Blount is compared with Lynch by the media, which is ridiculous. Colts have historically struggled against physical running backs and they made guys like Shawn Greene, Blount, Tolbert, Hillis look like unstoppable monsters. Denver should have no problem stopping him, which is also doable by most NFL defenses other than Colts' D.

The last 5 games between Manning and Brady, the home team won.

I don't get it when people are saying Denver run defense is not good since they conceded some yardage to SD in week 15. The key to SD's success in that game was their continuous 3rd down conversions through the air such that they could keep running the ball. When they could not convert, things went ugly and their running game alone could not carry them against Denver.

Blount is compared with Lynch by the media, which is ridiculous. Colts have historically struggled against physical running backs and they made guys like Shawn Greene, Blount, Tolbert, Hillis look like unstoppable monsters. Denver should have no problem stopping him, which is also doable by most NFL defenses other than Colts' D.

Denver does not have a great rush D but neither do the Pats. But the Pats have a trio of backs in Blount, Ridley and Vareen which will pose more problems for Denver. That being said, Moreno ran rough shod over the Pats back in Nov so I am not sure either team has any real advantage one way or the other but I expect the Pats to stay committed to the run all game whereas I can see Denver passing more given the conditions will be good.

Denver does not have a great rush D but neither do the Pats. But the Pats have a trio of backs in Blount, Ridley and Vareen which will pose more problems for Denver. That being said, Moreno ran rough shod over the Pats back in Nov so I am not sure either team has any real advantage one way or the other but I expect the Pats to stay committed to the run all game whereas I can see Denver passing more given the conditions will be good.

Ball has been IMO looking pretty good lately too.  He started off the season slow, but it looks like he's a pretty good #2 back now.

Having three RBs is a good thing but you cannot put all of them on the field. For Pats they could use one of Blount and Ridley, to go with Vareen as receiver, and that is about it. Most of the time they can use only 1 of them.

And none of them is as complete as a healthy Moreno. He is quicker than Blount, more reliable than Ridley, and tougher as a runner than Vareen. And do not forget Montea Ball. He is a beast as far as he holds onto the ball.

Pats Blount is really overrated. He is known as one of the worst short-yardage/goal-line back although he is a big guy. His recent revival has a lot to do with the opponents' bad defense.

All depends on the flow of the game. I see both teams willing to run the ball to start the game, but if one team takes a 2-score lead the other team will have to pass.

Ball has been IMO looking pretty good lately too.  He started off the season slow, but it looks like he's a pretty good #2 back now.

Ball is a better runner than Moreno. He has improved a lot in catching the football, and the pass protection has improved. They may split the carries for now but Ball can take over completely at some point next season.

I'm having a tough time with this weekend's games. If the home field was reversed, I'd take NE and SF in a heartbeat. Both are road 'dogs, but I think both teams have a very good shot of winning in hostile environments. The NE/Denver game is a mystery to me (all depends on what the Patriots try to do) and SF is playing such good ball right now, I like their chances. I think their defense is close to Seattle's but their offense is better. 

I'll go with...

NE 31, Denver 27

SF 24, Seattle 21

If the Super Bowl ends up being Denver-Seattle I don't know... I may not even be able to watch. Denver, obviously, because they would have beaten the Pats, and Seattle as a team just rubs me the wrong way in every way. On top of all that, the prospect of Jim Harbaugh being a SB-winning coach makes me a little ill. 

C'mon Patriots, don't let me down boys!

Having three RBs is a good thing but you cannot put all of them on the field. For Pats they could use one of Blount and Ridley, to go with Vareen as receiver, and that is about it. Most of the time they can use only 1 of them.

And none of them is as complete as a healthy Moreno. He is quicker than Blount, more reliable than Ridley, and tougher as a runner than Vareen. And do not forget Montea Ball. He is a beast as far as he holds onto the ball.

Pats Blount is really overrated. He is known as one of the worst short-yardage/goal-line back although he is a big guy. His recent revival has a lot to do with the opponents' bad defense.

All depends on the flow of the game. I see both teams willing to run the ball to start the game, but if one team takes a 2-score lead the other team will have to pass.

True, but having different options at RB allows the Pats to keep the Broncos D off-balance and also more options in the pass game with Vareen. I like Denver's rush game too but they are not as versatile as the Pats.

Don't underestimate Blount's talent or desire. The guy has a second gear like no other for a big man and seems to be determined to make the most of his op. It was said after the Colts game that when Blount came he talked about playing with an all time great in Brady and how fortunate he felt and how much he wanted to contributed to the team.

Another item of note...

In the Pats-Broncos game, I can't shake the feeling that 99% of the pressure is on Denver. If the Patriots lose, they'll say, "Well... it was a severely flawed team, the only reason they got as far as they did is the Belichick-Brady duo." Whereas if Denver loses, it'll be viewed as a history-making team failing to live up to expectations that they started building on opening weekend.

Fair or not, that's how this one seems to be shaping up. As a Pats fan I truly feel like they have nothing to lose here.

Another item of note...

In the Pats-Broncos game, I can't shake the feeling that 99% of the pressure is on Denver. If the Patriots lose, they'll say, "Well... it was a severely flawed team, the only reason they got as far as they did is the Belichick-Brady duo." Whereas if Denver loses, it'll be viewed as a history-making team failing to live up to expectations that they started building on opening weekend.

Fair or not, that's how this one seems to be shaping up. As a Pats fan I truly feel like they have nothing to lose here.

Yeah that is the talk right now. Pats are playing with house money on the road to boot.

If the Pats do win, I want Seattle. Don't like San Fran at all. I think they are the best team left.

Another item of note...

No after the SD game nothing can pressure Denver as much. They are starting to play loose and this is very dangerous for the opponents.

Although Denver broke the record they also conceded 3 losses which kind of released their pressure somewhat. This is a different situation from Pats faced in their 18-1 season.

Yeah that is the talk right now. Pats are playing with house money on the road to boot.

If the Pats do win, I want Seattle. Don't like San Fran at all. I think they are the best team left.

If Denver advance I want them to play Seattle as well. Kaep already had one SB game under his belt and Denver's secondary will have no answer to the combo of Boldin-Crabtree-Davis.

In playoff games experience is very important.

No after the SD game nothing can pressure Denver as much. They are starting to play loose and this is very dangerous for the opponents.

Although Denver broke the record they also conceded 3 losses which kind of released their pressure somewhat. This is a different situation from Pats faced in their 18-1 season.

Yes and no. They were the SB pick before the season and after the historic season they had they are expected to win it all. The pressure for sure is on them but that does not mean it will effect their play. They didn't lose to the Ravens because they were tight IMO. They lost because they were outplayed.

Another item of note...

I think fans feel that way, but I have a hard time believing players and coaches do. They are one game away from reaching the SB....a game they have dreamed about all there lives. The pressure is on everyone.

I think fans feel that way, but I have a hard time believing players and coaches do. They are one game away from reaching the SB....a game they have dreamed about all there lives. The pressure is on everyone.

Of course, but since week one the Broncos have been pumped up as the SB favorite from the AFC. 

One could easily argue that by reaching the conference title game, this Patriots team has already over-achieved. I'm sure, if Denver wins, that the Patriots will be very disappointed, but it won't be treated like a collapse in the media the way it would if Denver loses with all that talent they have. 

Of course, but since week one the Broncos have been pumped up as the SB favorite from the AFC. 

One could easily argue that by reaching the conference title game, this Patriots team has already over-achieved. I'm sure, if Denver wins, that the Patriots will be very disappointed, but it won't be treated like a collapse in the media the way it would if Denver loses with all that talent they have.

For sure from a media/fan perspective. But I think it's fair to pint out that Denver has lost it's best offensive lineman, their best pass rusher, their best interior defensive lineman, their best defensive back, and start a 3rd string center.

But honestly, I think both teams are playing for second place....49ers are going to whip whoever comes out of the AFC.

For sure from a media/fan perspective. But I think it's fair to pint out that Denver has lost it's best offensive lineman, their best pass rusher, their best interior defensive lineman, their best defensive back, and start a 3rd string center.

But honestly, I think both teams are playing for second place....49ers are going to whip whoever comes out of the AFC.

That is fair but the Pats talent at the offensive skill position is at 1 compared to Denver's 10. And I think that is where the media will focus should Denver lose. When you score more than 600 points in a season a lot is expected and no matter how the loss comes the O will be blamed. That is what happened with the Pats in 07 as well.

so is Denver, # 1 Cb playoff game , last Pat game lost Big Vick & wolfe got sick and never came back, others cant think of

also noticed Mike Adams the starter  sub FS that replaced Moore  for 1st Pat game hurt his thigh in playoff  and is limited today in practice but no comment anywhere on it but heard it on nfl network in background

#1 CB is my worse fear, Well really    BB planning with Brady carrying out the offensive plans and series to series  adjustments let alone halftime adjustments are  worse fear actually,

like Peytons mind is best hope

also LB Collins has come on strong & L Blount a beast

if one is fair there are arguments u can make for either team

I am bad at picks etc, But of course i want Peyton to exert his will & win

That is fair but the Pats talent at the offensive skill position is at 1 compared to Denver's 10. And I think that is where the media will focus should Denver lose. When you score more than 600 points in a season a lot is expected and no matter how the loss comes the O will be blamed. That is what happened with the Pats in 07 as well.

yes the media will

good night all