Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Trade

Some people have been tossing this option around and it does intrigue me...Trading Peyton away if we get the 1st overall pick.

If we have the chance to get Luck, I could possibly see this happenning since Luck would be able to start right away and Peyton doesnt like seeing a guy taken 1st overall sitting for a few years. If we could get a few 1sts for Peyton Id be all for it!

That being said, I think the Dallas Cowboys would be the best trade partner for Manning. They need a leader and legendary QB to get them over the top to the Superbowl. Romo just doesnt cut it. Here is what I would propose if I were the Colts.....

Trade Peyton, Reggie Wayne to Dallas for WR Dez Bryant, 2012 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks. (Good trade for both teams. Sure Dallas loses as star in the making in Bryant but they still have Miles Austin, Witten, and Wayne to throw to. Indy gets a very good WR to build a rapport with Andrew Luck!)

Then in the Draft get OG David DeCastro with the Dallas 1st rounder. (He is easily the best OG and is a very good mauling run blocker and is very good in pass blocking as well. Adding him to Costanzo and Ijalana will make this OL very talented and nasty!)

We then have 2 2nds, and 2 3rds where we address defense!

Thoughts?

Not only is it a terrible idea and would never happen, but this:

That says it all.

Dude whether people are willing to admit this or not, this team is very close to rebuilding. Our premium players are getting older, and bringing in some very talented young players wouldnt hurt. And Dez Bryant is freakishly talented at WR so he is no slouch to bring in for this trade.

Some people have been tossing this option around and it does intrigue me...Trading Peyton away if we get the 1st overall pick.

If we have the chance to get Luck, I could possibly see this happenning since Luck would be able to start right away and Peyton doesnt like seeing a guy taken 1st overall sitting for a few years. If we could get a few 1sts for Peyton Id be all for it!

That being said, I think the Dallas Cowboys would be the best trade partner for Manning. They need a leader and legendary QB to get them over the top to the Superbowl. Romo just doesnt cut it. Here is what I would propose if I were the Colts.....

Trade Peyton, Reggie Wayne to Dallas for WR Dez Bryant, 2012 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks. (Good trade for both teams. Sure Dallas loses as star in the making in Bryant but they still have Miles Austin, Witten, and Wayne to throw to. Indy gets a very good WR to build a rapport with Andrew Luck!)

Then in the Draft get OG David DeCastro with the Dallas 1st rounder. (He is easily the best OG and is a very good mauling run blocker and is very good in pass blocking as well. Adding him to Costanzo and Ijalana will make this OL very talented and nasty!)

We then have 2 2nds, and 2 3rds where we address defense!

Thoughts?

Peyton makes 23 million next season....who will take him..

We trade our No. 1 and get the same thing..

I'd say that ends in a Cowboys Super Bowl and a crappy Colts team.

it feels like we're just handing Dallas (or whoever else that would want Peyton) a dynasty. I'd much rather trade the #1 pick then Peyton.

Thats a terrible trade.

Not only is it a terrible idea and would never happen, but this:

i agree with everyone.

i could see a cowboy fan posting this trade, but a colt's fan?

Dude whether people are willing to admit this or not, this team is very close to rebuilding. Our premium players are getting older, and bringing in some very talented young players wouldnt hurt. And Dez Bryant is freakishly talented at WR so he is no slouch to bring in for this trade.

It would never happen. Who's going to give us Dez Bryant for two players in their mid-30's? Do you honestly believe that the Cowboys would even consider something that stupid? Al Davis wouldn't have done it.

Conversely, why would the Colts trade Manning and Wayne for a WR and a few picks? We'd be terrible for 5 years.

If they really wanted a QB to replace Romo, they would make a move for Luck, not Manning, because it would save them money.

Why do people think you can just trade for anyone, at any time, sign anyone at any time, and bring in any coach at any time? There are contracts, caps, and other teams have plans of their own.

Edited by doogansquest

It would never happen. Who's going to give us Dez Bryant for two players in their mid-30's? Do you honestly believe that the Cowboys would even consider something that stupid? Al Davis wouldn't have done it.

Conversely, why would the Colts trade Manning and Wayne for a WR and a few picks? We'd be terrible for 5 years.

If they really wanted a QB to replace Romo, they would make a move for Luck, not Manning, because it would save them money.

Why do people think you can just trade for anyone, at any time, sign anyone at any time, and bring in any coach at any time? There are contracts, caps, and other teams have plans of their own.

If you can do it in Madden, you can do it in real life!! haha

If you can do it in Madden, you can do it in real life!! haha

It's so obvious too. People always start a thread with, "okay, here me out," or something to that effect, and then list a completely unrealistic trade - often disastrous for one of the teams involved. A quick check on Madden will probably verify my suspicions.

Here's another unrealistic trade pondering ...

Colts 1st pick (top of the draft - Andrew Luck) to San Francisco

in return for ...

- WR Michael Crabree

- OG Mike Iupati

- QB Colin Kaepernick

- SF 1st rndr 2012

- SF 1st rndr 2013

What, don't like that trade? Okay then, what the heck, have them also throw in OT Anthony Davis. lol

Edited by rockywoj

Here's another unrealistic trade pondering ...

Colts 1st pick (top of the draft - Andrew Luck) to San Francisco

in return for ...

- WR Michael Crabree

- OG Mike Iupati

- QB Colin Kaepernick

- SF 1st rndr 2012

- SF 1st rndr 2013

What, don't like that trade? Okay then, what the heck, have them also throw in OT Anthony Davis. lol

I stopped at Michael Crabtree.

do-not-want-dog.jpg

cat-bath-do-not-want.jpg?m=1272633829