Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ok we can play this game

Bradley Prentice

So in the last 12 hours or so I've seen many woe is us posts... Fire him, cut him, etc posts... So let me ask you this:

So far I've seen fire:

Ryan Grigson (last years GM of the year, someone we all praised)

Chuck Pagano (a man who has just completed his first "full" season as the head coach) 12-6? I know the record soooo many people would take it

Fire both coordinators, while were at it let's fire all the scouts, trainers etc...

Then I've seen change defensive scheme etc so let me ask you this.

If your Jim Irsay and you just cleaned house after a playoff loss... A playoff loss in which you lost to a very good team, a playoff run in which 4 teams were literally praying for one spot in the afc... But a playoff loss none the less who are you replacing these jobs with?

GM:

Head coach:

Offensive coordinator:

Defensive coordinator:

But when you answer this let me remind you of a few things.

1. Dallas finished. 8-8 3 years in a row garret is still the coach

2. New York all three teams! (Buffalo, jets, giants) all finished 8-8 or worse all three teams kept their gms and head coaches

3. Atlanta a team who lost their star wide reciever(sound familiar?) are picking in the top 10, and their head coach, GM and QB have the same number of wins in the playoff as luck in his second year!

4. Cardinals, ravens, steelers, bears, all have one thing In common gold teams missing the playoffs.

We lost to a good team blame the coordinators but Luck had almost as many picks In two games as he did in 16. Fire Grigson but walden played his butt of that game, I dare you to name the last corner we had that was as good as Vontae, we have a rock in Cherilus, and I like Landry and let's not forget a man named Freeman.

The colts as an orginization have work to do but I believe in Luck, Pagano and Grigson to get the job done that's why when I go to work today I'm going to wear my colts hat proud, because as long as we have continuity in the front office we will be ok!

Go Colts! Say what you want about me, my post or how. "Bad" this team is, I don't care just be careful what you wish for.

Even if Trent is a bust which I still believe in him (Donald brown anyone? Lot of people were saying that about him, now they are begging to resign him) the GM/coaching staff aren't worth blowing up let's just have faith.

Wade Phillips did wonders to the texans but we don't have the texans pieces on defense, they have a lot of talent and before we start firing everyone let's draft and bring In more talent if we then can't do our job then it will be the coaches but the texans front 3 is pretty darn good and it all starts there

Some of that may b true or agree with but you were prolly one of those that thought we would beat the patriots because of the kc game and the points we put up in the sceond half of that game. Not only did we lose to patriots,we good our a$$ handed to us and EMBARRASSING themselves. That game clearly showed ALL the glaring problems this team has,from coaching to players to positions of concern.

Manusky, as has been the case in previous stops, isn't bringing much to the table. We've got all this great talent on defense, and our defense is still as bad as it is. 

It became acceptable in the past. And it led to a lot of regular season wins, and a lot of post season failure. 

Why should we repeat that? Why should inconsistency, very, very wild inconsistency, be acceptable? One week our defense plays all pro. Next week they play like pee-wee rejects. 

We kept doing the "We'll get it right next year" runaround with Peyton Manning. And how many Super Bowls did we help him win?

Lets not begin that vicious cycle anew. 

Well the best defense still allowed the least wins in the nfl. The texans had a good D before he got there as well.

Ehh it was ok before he got there, but to go to top-5 in one year with minimal player changes on that roster says A LOT. Hell, this year they were top-5 in total yards allowed for a large part of the season. Their points allowed was skewed from all of the pick-6's and just inept QB play. There is no way I look at Wade as an HC, but the guy is one of the top DC's in the league.

Well the best defense still allowed the least wins in the nfl. The texans had a good D before he got there as well.

lmao, some people just don't watch the same football that I watch. They was the 4th ranked defense this year. And to say they "allowed the least wins" is foolish. Obviously they had a terrible offense that couldn't stop throwing the ball to the opposing defense.

I was halfway through starting a similar thread and realized that the people who would agree with me already know most of this and the people I'm talking to are people that obviously would complain about anything but a super bowl win. The worst thing about not having to rebuild is we did not lose our casual fan bandwagon. Never argue with a casual fan, just talk directly to those of us that are here for life & we will talk back. 

GM- Grigs isn't going anywhere obviously.

HC- Pagano will be back next year, but I really do think he needs to change his mindset and philosophy as a head coach.

OC- Pep improved as the year went on, especially with the amount of talent we lost on that side of the ball.

DC- not big on Manusky.. If anyone is gone, it will be him. 87 points in 2 games is inexcusable. Also our D has looked like a complete joke at times during the regular season. A change should be made on that side of the ball

GM- Grigs isn't going anywhere obviously.

HC- Pagano will be back next year, but I really do think he needs to change his mindset and philosophy as a head coach.

OC- Pep improved as the year went on, especially with the amount of talent we lost on that side of the ball.

DC- not big on Manusky.. If anyone is gone, it will be him. 87 points in 2 games is inexcusable. Also our D has looked like a complete joke at times during the regular season. A change should be made on that side of the ball

8 turnovers on offense may be part of the reason for the 87 points.... perhaps

my only issue with the game is how conservative we played. At the end of the first half there was 37secs ( I think) left on the clock with 2 TOs. I dont think the field position was horrible and we run it with brown then let the clock run..We could of at least got in FG range and been down by 4 or 5 I think at half instead of whatever the score was.