Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do you think the Colts should do this off-season? [Merge]

colts_100nascar17fan

New Defensive Coordinator, New Offensive Coordinator, New oline coach,secondary coach,dline coachBetter Offensive Line players that can accually block somebody,A whole lot of New Defensive players that can accually play consistently for both halfs and stop a team more consistently(de,dt/nt,cb's,safteys,2 lbs). For christ sake if u dont fix the problems- you will never make it deep into the playoffs let alone a super bowl! Not rocket science......

New Defensive Coordinator, New Offensive Coordinator, New oline coach,secondary coach,dline coachBetter Offensive Line players that can accually block somebody,A whole lot of New Defensive players that can accually play consistently for both halfs and stop a team more consistently(de,dt/nt,cb's,safteys,2 lbs). For christ sake if u dont fix the problems- you will never make it deep into the playoffs let alone a super bowl! Not rocket science......

Hey look. The negative nellies only paused their rants from last week.

Right back on track from the first half last week.

I have been stating this for weeks when your defense contiunes to give up points the like they have the past few weeks their are promblems in the coaching. They have play makers put it is how your coaches approach the game. It was blogged all week that the Patriots would run and pass short if we knew why did the DC not see it

This team has some great talent on the field.  I wish the OC, DC, and O-line had some of it. The defense continues to be "dazed and confused", and that has nothing to do with player talent, which seems promising. 

The offensive play calling is anemic, and confused. Nothing new here. At least it is consistently confused.

If Andrew had some O-line help, I think his interceptions would drop substantially.  So, in total, we just need a few players and some major league coordinators instead of inexperienced amateurs (an maybe someone to settle Grigs down a bit), and we'll be fine.

Please, I cannot go another season as a Colts fan to field a team that cannot run the ball or play defense.   We have to go back to like 1995 the last time the Colts could actually run AND stop the other team.  The odd thing is, defensively we were supposed to be solid based on the players we picked up.  But our defense is horrid.  Gapping holes in the DLine on run plays.  I really do hope Manusky gets canned.  I know it is not his fault guys are tackling.  But he seems to lack any imagination.  As for running attack, I don't care if we have to sign 5 lineman just so we have enough depth WE NEED A BETTER LINE!!!!

Pep is fine. We put up big points multiple times. Some plays and play calling seem suspect but I'm going to blame that on bad protection. I think we should look for a new DC though. Don't waste another quarterback's talent with a bad defense. (though Luck did play bad)

bad center and right guard  , need get them free agency  center mack  rg 5 top 15 guards in fa.  need a pass rusher .

Yet Satele started anyway.  My frustration is that we even as fans see that the O is better when McGlynn is at Center and Satele sits; Satele starts anyway. 

Frustrating.  And yes, we need a good RG

Not sure how some people think this team is super bowl caliber,they are so far from it,its sick. They need to make alot of changes or it wil b like when peyton was here,a super bowl(if we fix things) n a bunch of other wasted years. And these people on here that complain about us that see the problems and voice our opinions are pathetic-whats so hard about accepting the facts that we all see every week we watch games,instead of coming up with excuses and defending all the glaring problems this team has.

I see us being a top 5 AFC team next year with Reggie being back healthy and T-Rich having a whole offseason training camp to mold him into Marshawn Lynch 2.0

dude Reggie be 36 next year . coming a knee injury . slower , easier too get injury his age. need draft wr are get a free agent like eric decker. t-rich sucks because are center and right guard suck are lowest players in next years free agent .

go pop a xanax, breathe into a paper bag, meditate, do some yoga...something.  About the only thing you said that is true is that we need better players on the OL.

I was waiting for something stupid to be said.

We forced 2 consecutive 3&outs when only down a td. The offense didn't execute 1 first down for us In that stretch! Just because you want to take the positives out of the game doesn't mean that I'm lying. We can fix this in the offseason but for now I'm just pinpointing what screwed us.

IMO, I say we acquire players for the following positions: MLB, Corner, safety, center, and receiver. Wayne is not getting any younger, and though I trust Hilton, Fleener, Whalen, Brazill, and Rogers, along with with Dwayne Allen who will be back, we may need an extra receiver, even if only for depth purposes. I would also like to acquire another MLB. Freeman is obviously not going anywhere, and i'm not quite sure if McNary is the answer at the other MLB position, though he could be, but I would like another guy here.

We also need another corner, Toler can't stay healthy, and I like Butler more as a nickel guy. I think we need to resign Vontae Davis, and get another corner to start opposite of him. As far as safety goes, Bethea will be a FA, and we will likely not bring him back, Jarius Byrd is a big name on the FA market, and would be a huge upgrade, but will likely cost a lot of $$ so not sure he is the answer, but would like another quality player here.

as for the center..... that requires no explanation 

I was waiting for something stupid to be said.

You didn't need to go beyond the 1st post for that to happen.  Besides what Gabriel said was not stupid..it was factually true.  Not to say that the defense was perfect but the offense didn't really help them out much.

bad center and right guard  , need get them free agency  center mack  rg 5 top 15 guards in fa.  need a pass rusher .

we don't need mack he will be to expensive we should get de la peunte or dietrich-smith both solid and will be cheaper so we can spend more money on the D for byrd, verner and either spikes or dansby we need to get a safety who can cover and maybe even get rid of landry and get tj ward

1. New O-Line

2. Better players on D (Mathis, Redding, Freeman, Bethea the only exceptions).

3. For our running backs (Ballard, Brown, Maybe Bradshaw)anyone to be healthy so we can be done with Trent (Nothing to do with this game. Trent just is what he is).

4. New D Coordinator

5. Health. That may have been as big a problem as any.

6. I wish we could get a new coaching staff in general but that won't be happening so no point discussing it.

There are too many threads on this board that begin and end with non-sense. So to any and all people that want to have a genuine discussion (NOT A FIRE EVERYONE PANIC) about the off-season, this is a place where we can start.

Let me start by saying, although I am disappointed with the Pats game, we all have to come to terms with a very simple truth; We were playing with house money all season, more-so after losing Reggie.

We spent the entire pre-season building a two-TE based offense that would feature Dwayne Allen and a power running scheme (that was also based off of Dwayne Allen's blocking ability). We lost Vick Ballard, who looked to really blossom this year. We lost Ahmad Bradshaw, who spent the pre-season really learning our offense. So we were left will a talented but ill-prepared Trent Richardson, and a great running, but poor blocking RB in Donald Brown. 

One of or big free-agent O-line signings, Donald Thomas was lost after a few games, and in come's rookie Hugh Thorton, who has tried very hard all year, but was clearly not ready to start. This only compounded our problems on the line. We have good tackles but poor guards and centers. They played well at times, but for the most part (even when the stats didnt show sacks, they gave up too much pressure) they were sub-standard. 

Then we lose our most reliable play maker on offense in Reggie. His importance obviously cannot be overlooked. So now we have a weakened offense, to go along with our already poor defense.

Overall, I feel like we have a very strong foundation to build on. Next year will be all about the polish.

My number one off-season priority will for sure be upgrading the offensive line. New Center and RG for sure. I want to see these spots filled by VETERAN/ALREADY PROVEN players, NOT rookies. As far as Left Guard goes, im unsure. Is Thomas the answer? I dont know.

On defense, Cornerback, Linebacker, and D-line are musts. The way NE was able to run ALL OVER us, even when we KNEW they were gonna run is mind boggling to me. I still dont understand where the breakdown came from.

But I say we sign at least a RG and C on offense. I would like to sign another corner and maybe a DE to go with Cory.

Im not sure which positions we should draft and which positions we should sign (I guess it kinda depends on what players will be available to us in the draft).

As for the coaches, I DO NOT think we should fire Pep. Give him another year. As for Manusky.........I dont know how I feel. Depends on which coaches are availble I guess.

I would like to hear your thoughts as well. Let's keep it civil and realistic please.

Posted this in another thread...

1. New O-Line

2. Better players on D (Mathis, Redding, Freeman, Bethea the only exceptions).

3. For our running backs (Ballard, Brown, Maybe Bradshaw)anyone to be healthy so we can be done with Trent (Nothing to do with this game. Trent just is what he is).

4. New D Coordinator

5. Health. That may have been as big a problem as any.

6. I wish we could get a new coaching staff in general but that won't be happening so no point discussing it.

Defensive line should be the #1 priority going into Off season. This is by far the worse defensive line that the Colts have ever had during Irsay tenure. It's been this way all year 26th in run defense and can't pressure the QB. Didn't like the RJF signing he was nothing more then a 4th string DE. We have to get a whole new defensive line if were ever gonna want to stop the run.