Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I feel like the horrible D playing in the Chiefs game will benefit us...

bap1331

If we played our best and made it a no contest game, the Patriots would know what to expect and how to prepare for our D. But when we allow 44 points, what do the Pats really look at? How bad our defense was?

You can't see anything about how our players really play. Truth is Vontae and Toler were not 100% which is why the WR ran all over us.

This one is not comparable to the regular season because our team is healthy for the first time since the beginning of the season.

I have heard local people in my area suggest we sandbagged the first half. I honestly dont think thats the case. If it was they didnt expect to be down that much at half time. I have watched the game on NFl Network Replay and seen the Defense really not in the game on a few plays - Example the McCluster catch for a first down, right before Smiths shovel pass to the Rb..Our D line man were walking around the line some and not really in any form of a stance...Not typical for a defense I dont think. So to go with your point we clearly didnt play our best and on some plays it showed it 

The Pats are not going to look at how "bad" or how "good" or defense has been at different points in the season....They are going to look at what we do...Not the results.....Dont expect Vontae to be 100 percent for this game either just 1 week later

I have heard local people in my area suggest we sandbagged the first half. I honestly dont think thats the case. If it was they didnt expect to be down that much at half time. I have watched the game on NFl Network Replay and seen the Defense really not in the game on a few plays - Example the McCluster catch for a first down, right before Smiths shovel pass to the Rb..Our D line man were walking around the line some and not really in any form of a stance...Not typical for a defense I dont think. So to go with your point we clearly didnt play our best and on some plays it showed it 

yea I cant think of any play besides the Mathis fumble that was beneficial. Most of them were Chiefs mistakes of not catching the ball or something. Kind of embarrassing to think about it but with that performance, I expect a much better defense today.

Colts are pretty good at making adjustments for mistakes.

The Pats are not going to look at how "bad" or how "good" or defense has been at different points in the season....They are going to look at what we do...Not the results.....Dont expect Vontae to be 100 percent for this game either just 1 week later

yes, and what were the results last Sunday? None. We didn't do anything except for that Mathis fumble...

We got lucky with the miscommunication from Alex Smith and his receivers in the 4th quarter where the game could have ended twice...

yes, and what were the results last Sunday? None. We didn't do anything except for that Mathis fumble...

We got lucky with the miscommunication from Alex Smith and his receivers in the 4th quarter where the game could have ended twice...

Not what I meant by result, They are going to look at our formations, where our players move in those formations, pre snap and post snap and try to counter that with plays of there own, they could care less if we got a sack or a turnover, they want to know how we did it

I like Toller but it was quite obvious that he wasn't eve 50% in that game.  We should have pulled him much sooner.  It was almost painful watching him chase KC players loosing ground all the way :fear:

People seem to overlook that Alex Smith had a number of big runs to sustain drives for the Chiefs and  this week that will not be a problem. Move Brady off his spot and get him down. We can do it. Can we stop the run I dunno hope so.

I think people over look it simply because they don't expect Brady to run so people just simply over look it/not think about it this week. 

I really think we should use the game plan from the first KC game on both sides of the ball. 

I DO NOT see us letting Davis walk..

It will just be plain stupidity if we did..

I am not sure what you do with Davis.  I don't think you can let him walk but at the sametime I don't think he's going to be worth the franchise tag or the kind of the money he's going to demand on the open market.  It's a though spot to be in for a NFL GM. 

I am not sure what you do with Davis.  I don't think you can let him walk but at the sametime I don't think he's going to be worth the franchise tag or the kind of the money he's going to demand on the open market.  It's a though spot to be in for a NFL GM.

I believe he loves it here and that we aren't going to even allow him to hit the market.

I don't know how much he's going to get but I'm sure he's going to get paid.