Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leigh Bodden

Phil J

I hope you;re right about Thomas but Hughes is a 1st round pick who has had minimal playing time.

I'm concerned that he's not playing because he's Jerry Hughes..

AKA Marcus Howard! I fear the same but Hughes has shown a bit of a spark this season. I doubt he ever becomes the next Freeney or Mathis but he should be better than Josh Thomas! Time will tell.

I hope you;re right about Thomas but Hughes is a 1st round pick who has had minimal playing time.

I'm concerned that he's not playing because he's Jerry Hughes..

Some finger crossing is definitely involved, but during this lost season the cost of finding out for sure is inconsequential.

"Bodden, who is in his ninth NFL season, missed all of the 2010 with a shoulder injury injury and this season returned but had issues with groin injury as of late. The only game he started was against Buffalo and he was inactive against Oakland the following week

This season, Bodden has been thrown at 22 times and allowed 12 receptions and one touchdown, according to information provided by ProFootballFocus.com. He has played 222 snaps for the Patriots this season."

http://www.boston.co..._releas_26.html

Sounds like a perfect fit!

This ^ is why the Colts won't sign Bodden. I'm sick of the old ways having oft-injured, unproductive players taking up roster spots....which we're starting to trend away from. Forget the short term and lets start looking further down the road. Let our current young players show what they've got, if anything, so we can make better decisions around what we do/don't have & hopefully bring in real help from this day forward.

I wouldn't want him now, but when he was a free agent 2 years ago, I really really really wanted him. He was a beast in Detroit, with a terrible team, and his switch to the Pats killed his career. I wanted him, but now I don't

when will you quit with that trash? ratings are nothing. points are everything. pats have a better d. 31 other teams have a better d.

FACE THE FACTS AND WAKE UP: THE PATS GARBAGE ARE OUR PRO BOWL STARTERS.

stop defending this team! :thdown:

Part of the reason the Pats have a better defense is that they get rid of players like Leigh Bodden who aren't helping them. Not defending what we have now, but Leigh Bodden doesn't make us any better.

Chris Harris, on the other hand, would have been a tremendous help at safety. But Bodden, with his injury issues coupled with the fact that he's not a good cover man, doesn't help.