Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leigh Bodden

Phil J

At this point I don't see why we should bother to sign him. We are 0-7 and not contenders, why not let the young guys get some experience even if its a beat down.

Maybe we just want the first pick... Maybe Isray and Polian said, you know what? fudge it, let it be.

sign him immediately. our CB depth is so bad that the pats scraps can have an instant positive impact on our team.

he could start every game with Powers.

"Bodden, who is in his ninth NFL season, missed all of the 2010 with a shoulder injury injury and this season returned but had issues with groin injury as of late. The only game he started was against Buffalo and he was inactive against Oakland the following week

This season, Bodden has been thrown at 22 times and allowed 12 receptions and one touchdown, according to information provided by ProFootballFocus.com. He has played 222 snaps for the Patriots this season."

http://www.boston.co..._releas_26.html

Sounds like a perfect fit!

Edited by IndySouth

"Bodden, who is in his ninth NFL season, missed all of the 2010 with a shoulder injury injury and this season returned but had issues with groin injury as of late. The only game he started was against Buffalo and he was inactive against Oakland the following week

This season, Bodden has been thrown at 22 times and allowed 12 receptions and one touchdown, according to information provided by ProFootballFocus.com. He has played 222 snaps for the Patriots this season."

http://www.boston.co..._releas_26.html

Sounds like a perfect fit!

now show lacey's all-world stats. boom, i win.

I usually hate the idea of picked up anyone else's castoffs, but in this case sign him yesterday!!!

This season is OVER! Someone posted that Leigh Bodden is garbage?!! No. OUR ENTIRE SECONDARY is garbage---except Antoine Bethea and maybe Jerraud Powers. Leigh Bodden instantly starts for the Colts! He is light years better than Lacey and Ruckers and Thomas and anyone else they are throwing out there now.

In fact, sign Chris Harris too whom the Bears just whacked.

So we want to bring in a cast off from a defense rated worse then us?

when will you quit with that trash? ratings are nothing. points are everything. pats have a better d. 31 other teams have a better d.

FACE THE FACTS AND WAKE UP: THE PATS GARBAGE ARE OUR PRO BOWL STARTERS.

stop defending this team! :thdown:

BODDEN >>>>>>>>>>>>> LACEY

why do you love our defense so much? do you work for the Colts? that is the only explanation I have for your blind support.

I don't love our D, but I see no reason in bringing in a player who has injury issues, and was released from a team that's defense is not much better then ours. What is gained?

when will you quit with that trash? ratings are nothing. points are everything. pats have a better d. 31 other teams have a better d.

FACE THE FACTS AND WAKE UP: THE PATS GARBAGE ARE OUR PRO BOWL STARTERS.

stop defending this team! :thdown:

Sports are based off of stats...you can ignore that, but that doesn't make it false.

I usually hate the idea of picked up anyone else's castoffs, but in this case sign him yesterday!!!

This season is OVER! Someone posted that Leigh Bodden is garbage?!! No. OUR ENTIRE SECONDARY is garbage---except Antoine Bethea and maybe Jerraud Powers. Leigh Bodden instantly starts for the Colts! He is light years better than Lacey and Ruckers and Thomas and anyone else they are throwing out there now.

See the bolded and underlined portion of your post. Why throw more money at this problem when, as you so astutely observed, this season is over? By the time these guys got up-to-speed and ready to contribute, the season would truly (not figuratively) be over. Might as well stick with the guys we have. At least they guarantee us a hight draft pick and, at the same time, they're gaining experience!

He may help, but can he play in a system like the Colts run? Will he be effective lining up 7-15 yards off the receiver? Or will he look just like Lacey? I like the player over Lacey, but I am concerned that the scheme will limit his ability, and this will be more money thrown at the wrong solution to the problem...

I don't love our D,

lies. you think lacey and our entire D is amazing. :nono2:

POINTS > USELESS RATINGS

we are the absolute bottom of the barrel. Division 3 teams would hang 20-30 on us. admit it, and feel better about yourself. these lies you keep spreading do nothing for your reputation. :ttth:

Edited by Phil J

BODDEN >>>>>>>>>>>>> LACEY

why do you love our defense so much? do you work for the Colts? that is the only explanation I have for your blind support.

More to the point, our own Kevin Thomas > Jacob Lacey. He started over him @NO. Let's not use the so and so > Lacey argument to support picking up another player. Lacey isn't even starting right now! I think Kevin Thomas is going to be a decent corner for this team. Maybe not this season but, at some point, he will emerge. I liked the pick when we drafted him and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll continue to develop.

Sports are based off of stats...you can ignore that, but that doesn't make it false.

Ummmmm, what? STATS are based off of SPORTS, not the other way around.

I could come up with any number of silly metrics to prove about any D is better or worse than it is.

POINTS is the measure that matters. And, I don't know, say watching the units to see what is going on.

More to the point, our own Kevin Thomas > Jacob Lacey. He started over him @NO. Let's not use the so and so > Lacey argument to support picking up another player. Lacey isn't even starting right now! I think Kevin Thomas is going to be a decent corner for this team. Maybe not this season but, at some point, he will emerge. I liked the pick when we drafted him and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll continue to develop.

Exactly. While I badly want the Colts to win each and every game, it is far more important at this point to develop the younger players on this squad than it is to bring in someone with no future in hopes of a marginal improvement. Thomas needs to start the rest of the way, regardless of the results. Personally I'd like to see Hughes and Gonzalez (among others) getting a lot more playing time as well.

if ("LACEY" != "BODDEN") then

{

if ("LACEY" > "BODDEN") then

{

set coach = "Anyone Other than Caldwell"

}

if ("LACEY" < "BODDEN") then

{

set cb = "BODDEN"

set lacey = 0

set lacey-paycheck = 0

set roster = -1

}

end if

Nerd

See the bolded and underlined portion of your post. Why throw more money at this problem when, as you so astutely observed, this season is over? By the time these guys got up-to-speed and ready to contribute, the season would truly (not figuratively) be over. Might as well stick with the guys we have. At least they guarantee us a hight draft pick and, at the same time, they're gaining experience!

Why? Because unlike some fans who cannot face reality, I am looking forward to next season! When healthy, Bodden's talent blows away anyone the Colts have. Bringing in a guy like Bodden would have very little risk and IF he does work out, now you've got a ready made starter for NEXT year. You SERIOUSLY believe that all Lacey and Ruckers and Thomas need is another 9 games of getting toasted and burnt to a crisp to become quality corners? PUHLEEZZZE! Wake up! The talent simply is NOT there. Mike Chappell said it best: The Colts have a bunch of really nice guys on the roster, but a lot of them have no business being on an active NFL roster.

Exactly. While I badly want the Colts to win each and every game, it is far more important at this point to develop the younger players on this squad than it is to bring in someone with no future in hopes of a marginal improvement. Thomas needs to start the rest of the way, regardless of the results. Personally I'd like to see Hughes and Gonzalez (among others) getting a lot more playing time as well.

I agree and, based on this article, it sounds like Gonzo wants to show what he can do.

"It's frustrating to be 0-7 more than anything else," he said. "I wasn't in uniform (at New Orleans), but standing on the sideline and watching their crowd dance to that same song over and over and over and over, that was a pretty big low. All I've ever really wanted to do is help us win. It's natural for any athlete at this level to believe they can make a difference. I'm certainly no exception."

Hughes has seen a little action and hasn't looked awful. He had a sack that, if I recall correctly, was nullified by a defensive penalty. He has also looked pretty good on special teams (at least I've noticed him making a few plays).

Why not split time between Gonzo and Collie? We already know what Collie can do. Let's see what Gonzo has left in the tank. At the very least, we can inflate his numbers to entice a trade offer!

I agree..

we are building next year's team...Bring in guys who can become adapted so we can go back to the playoffs in 2012..

Why draft rookies when we can get proven talent for low cash...

Polian will get on it..That's his thing

Why? Because unlike some fans who cannot face reality, I am looking forward to next season! When healthy, Bodden's talent blows away anyone the Colts have. Bringing in a guy like Bodden would have very little risk and IF he does work out, now you've got a ready made starter for NEXT year. You SERIOUSLY believe that all Lacey and Ruckers and Thomas need is another 9 games of getting toasted and burnt to a crisp to become quality corners? PUHLEEZZZE! Wake up! The talent simply is NOT there. Mike Chappell said it best: The Colts have a bunch of really nice guys on the roster, but a lot of them have no business being on an active NFL roster.

Signing Bodden, unless it's to a multi-year contract, is not looking forward to next season. He would be little more than a band-aid on a severed limb! Given the logic you've presented, why not just bring back Marlin Jackson? He's another injury prone veteran that is easily better than most, if not all, of our young guys. I also happen to know that he spends a lot of time in Indy and is trying very hard to find a job. Makes about as much sense and, at least, he knows the system, players and staff.

He may help, but can he play in a system like the Colts run? Will he be effective lining up 7-15 yards off the receiver? Or will he look just like Lacey? I like the player over Lacey, but I am concerned that the scheme will limit his ability, and this will be more money thrown at the wrong solution to the problem...

The Colts can't even play in the system the Colts run.

if ("LACEY" != "BODDEN") then

{

if ("LACEY" > "BODDEN") then

{

}

if ("LACEY" < "BODDEN") then

{

set cb = "BODDEN"

set lacey = 0

set lacey-paycheck = 0

set roster = -1

}

end if

wow thats why our defense suck, its not complex enough

Edited by Robin

The bold face comment is pointlessly inflammatory.

Leigh Bodden was an undrafted free-agent who has spent most of his career on some horrific teams. He is now a 30 year old backup, who was just released very likely because he wasn't a very good 30 year old backup. Thomas is a 3rd round draft pick who has had minimal playing time. Yes, I expect him to significantly outperform Bodden if given the chance to develop. Rucker as well. If you don't play them now, when are you going to play them? How exactly does signing a below average 30 year old demonstrate concern for next year? At that point he will be a 31 year old below average player, and Thomas/Rucker will STILL be waiting their turn.

Leigh Bodden was an undrafted free-agent who has spent most of his career on some horrific teams. He is now a 30 year old backup, who was just released very likely because he wasn't a very good 30 year old backup. Thomas is a 3rd round draft pick who has had minimal playing time. Yes, I expect him to significantly outperform Bodden if given the chance to develop. Rucker as well. If you don't play them now, when are you going to play them? How exactly does signing a below average 30 year old demonstrate concern for next year? At that point he will be a 31 year old below average player, and Thomas/Rucker will STILL be waiting their turn.

Amen! What MAC said!

I hope you;re right about Thomas but Hughes is a 1st round pick who has had minimal playing time.

I'm concerned that he's not playing because he's Jerry Hughes..