Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draw huge TV audience

t-rex

The Colts vs. Chiefs Wildcard game earned a 41.3 TV rating in the Indianapolis TV market. For those who don't understand TV ratings, this means that for all TV homes in Indianapolis and the greater Indianapolis area (Indianapolis, Greenwood, Carmel, Fishers, Columbus, Avon, Zionsville, Greenfield, etc.) a whopping 41% of these homes were watching the game.

The game did well in Kansas City too, earning a 48.0 TV rating in the Kansas City market.

Nationally the game did a 16.0 TV rating, translating into 27.6 million viewers for NBC. This was the second largest TV audience ever for an NFL Wildcard Saturday afternoon game.

Source: NBC Sports

The Colts vs. Chiefs Wildcard game earned a 41.3 TV rating in the Indianapolis TV market. For those who don't understand TV ratings, this means that for all TV homes in Indianapolis and the greater Indianapolis area (Indianapolis, Greenwood, Carmel, Fishers, Columbus, Avon, Zionsville, Greenfield, etc.) a whopping 41% of these homes were watching the game.

The game did well in Kansas City too, earning a 48.0 TV rating in the Kansas City market.

Nationally the game did a 16.0 TV rating, translating into 27.6 million viewers for NBC. This was the second largest TV audience ever for an NFL Wildcard Saturday afternoon game.

The other 59% were losing their voice at LOS.

I wonder if international numbers were measured as well?

Who measures all of the international folks?  There are no international Colts fans :)  OK...a whole lot of sarcasm there...love our international forum friends :)  I know one that is one my best buddies!!!!

What would be real interesting is to see what the ratings were for the game after the Colts in the Indy and KC markets.  I bet in Indy a large portion watched the Philly game if only to hear what they said about the Colts.  In KC I bet a large percentage were to disgusted to watch any more football that day.

What would be real interesting is to see what the ratings were for the game after the Colts in the Indy and KC markets.  I bet in Indy a large portion watched the Philly game if only to hear what they said about the Colts.  In KC I bet a large percentage were to disgusted to watch any more football that day.

Ha! I bet that was a possibility. Those numbers weren't published. However I found it interesting that after Indianapolis and Kansas CIty, the 3rd best TV market for our game was Denver. In Denver the game scored a 28.0 TV rating.  A lot of people in Denver were very interested in the Colts/Chiefs Saturday afternoon.

So KC supports their team more than Indy?!  Gotta get more support form our local fanbase this week.

Ha! I bet that was a possibility. Those numbers weren't published. However I found it interesting that after Indianapolis and Kansas CIty, the 3rd best TV market for our game was Denver. In Denver the game scored a 28.0 TV rating.  A lot of people in Denver were very interested in the Colts/Chiefs Saturday afternoon.

And I'd assume the Indy market was the 3rd largest for the Chargers/Bengals game.

So KC supports their team more than Indy?!  Gotta get more support form our local fanbase this week.

Here are the TV ratings for each team's home market while they were playing Wildcard Weekend.

1) Milwaukee 58

2) New Orleans 55.8

3) Kansas City 48

4) Cincinnati 42.9

5) Philadelphia 42

6) Indianpaolis 41.3

7) San Francisco 40

8) San Diego  38.8