Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donald Brown #2 in YPC (Qualifier - 100 carries)

braveheartcolt

5.3 YPC. 2nd behind Ellington (Arizona). Trent (3 YPC) was 45th.

Smaller sample size than the perceived top dogs, but you can only run when you are given the ball. And no fumbles, the only RB in the top ten to do so.

Time to stop with the hate and the excuses. This guy is a blue ribbon RB. Letting him go would be pure folly.

A running back with great talent that costed us a first round pick. Maybe not the best in his first year in Indy, but starting to turn it around and show GREAT promise!

Am I talking about Brown or Richardson?

Can't be Richardson. No 'GREAT' promise on show. Some promise perhaps, but no more than that.

Smaller sample size than the perceived top dogs, but you can only run when you are given the ball. And no fumbles, the only RB in the top ten to do so.

Time to stop with the hate and the excuses. This guy is a blue ribbon RB. Letting him go would be pure folly.

I was happy when the Colts drafted D Brown  27'th in the first he looked good at Uconn but  2011 & 2013 were his best seasons as a Colt -

I'm no hater but  645 yrds  rushing with 5 td's in 2011 was his best 2013 was approx 540  with 6 tds   average  - with V Ballard - A Bradshaw & T Rich whom IMO will get much better D.Brown becomes expendable

I was happy when the Colts drafted D Brown  27'th in the first he looked good at Uconn but  2011 & 2013 were his best seasons as a Colt -

I'm no hater but  645 yrds  rushing with 5 td's in 2011 was his best 2013 was approx 540  with 6 tds   average  - with V Ballard - A Bradshaw & T Rich whom IMO will get much better D.Brown becomes expendable

Sorry, that defies all logic. Let's dump our best RB, for a virtual rookie, someone with serious health issues, and a pretty average traded player. Not for me. Is Grigs really that stupid?

Sorry, that defies all logic. Let's dump our best RB, for a virtual rookie, someone with serious health issues, and a pretty average traded player. Not for me. Is Grigs really that stupid?

Logic works both ways WHY keep a RB

with 5 years in the league & only  2 average seasons our best by default  Only  - Vick Ballard in his rookie season has proved more than D Brown .

With T Richardson & Ballard & Havili  . We IMO  can draft a young RB   .  T Rich just needs time off season training - pre season  & Bradshaw when healthy is worth having but neither he or D Brown  are the answer & are easily expendable  at this point to me .

D. Brown with a great run in the playoffs can prove me wrong & I hope he does , Maybe he becomes  MVP of the Superbowl for that I happily would eat a large helping of humble pie . at this time I'v been pleasantly surprised this year with him & wish him the best . BUT

At the end of the day my opinion today is he is not worth keeping only based on his career up to 1-1-2014 . IMO :thmup:

with 5 years in the league & only  2 average seasons our best by default  Only  - Vick Ballard in his rookie season has proved more than D Brown .

With T Richardson & Ballard & Havili  . We IMO  can draft a young RB   .  T Rich just needs time off season training - pre season  & Bradshaw when healthy is worth having but neither he or D Brown  are the answer & are easily expendable  at this point to me .

D. Brown with a great run in the playoffs can prove me wrong & I hope he does , Maybe he becomes  MVP of the Superbowl for that I happily would eat a large helping of humble pie . at this time I'v been pleasantly surprised this year with him & wish him the best . BUT

At the end of the day my opinion today is he is not worth keeping only based on his career up to 1-1-2014 . IMO :thmup:

T Rich just needs time off season training - pre season  D BROWN  & Bradshaw when healthy is worth having but neither he or D Brown  are the answer & are easily expendable  at this point to me .

T Rich just needs time off season training - pre season  D BROWN  & Bradshaw when healthy is worth having but neither he or D Brown  are the answer & are easily expendable  at this point to me .

I have a feeling Ballard has missed more games in 2 seasons than Brown has in 5. Health has often been held against Brown, and it's just a garbage label.

I understand your viewpoint, and it's one shared by many. I don't have an issue with it really, but it's not how I see it.

I have a feeling Ballard has missed more games in 2 seasons than Brown has in 5. Health has often been held against Brown, and it's just a garbage label.

he has had minor injuries that have kept him out of some games and may have effected his running. the years (2011 and 2013) he has been injury free, he has performed very good (4.8 and 5.3 ypc). i don't think he will be expensive to resign, and the colts should do it. free agent rb's aren't a priority for teams.

T Rich just needs time off season training - pre season D BROWN & Bradshaw when healthy is worth having but neither he or D Brown are the answer & are easily expendable at this point to me .

The thought that all T-Rich needs is an off-season with the Colts and then he'll be a beast is very popular on this board. I'd like to point out that T-Rich averaged 3.6 YPC with the Browns and then had his second off-season with them. He came back and averaged 3.4 YPC, which is probably what led to him being traded. The off-season isn't a "magic pill" that will solve all of his problems. I'd argue that the best training he's had has been the 13 games he's played with the Colts thus far. The good thing is that there has been improvement and hopefully that continues. What will hopefully happen in the off-season is that we improve our O-line and therefore, T-Rich's running will improve too.

None of our RBs are superstars (though Trent is supposed to be I guess) and that's probably good. The team thing works much better and we don't have a guy sulking if he doesn't get enough touches.

We should collect backs like the Pats, bench them till nobody remembers them and then play them in the playoffs.

Starting to fear another team is going to offer Donald too much money for it to be reasonable for us to keep him.  Regardless of if you think this year is just him playing for a contract or not, the Colts need a speed back, a role Donald fills marvelously.  Ballard, Bradshaw, Richardson, they're all power guys.  In addition to the obvious talent needed at oline to be successful running the ball, the best running teams always have one power guy and one speed guy.  If Donald is too expensive to resign next year, another speed guy must be drafted/signed.  My preference is to keep the guy who has been successful this year behind a terrible line instead of rolling the dice with a signing (don't even want to think about having to waste another draft pick in the upcoming draft on another RB).

Great as a change of pace back.  Still not starter material.

Not sure im seeing the misleading part.  If its a fact then its a fact.  Whether its before or after the line of scrimmage is irrelevant.

it is misleading if you look at it and think he is a good short yardage back or a guy that breaks tackles regularly

This guy was UNDER the bench earlier this season. Wound up being our most productive back.

That';s so true...we signed and traded for 2 guys (Bradshaw and Richardson) to replace him

and Donald was the punt protector...and a special teams coverage guy

You hear so little from him...I'm glad he didn't just accept his 3rd string fate..

I  might have...

KC will have an eye on him because of what he did 2 weeks ago......

I can see us using DB in play action this week