Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 10 best positioned teams for 2014

AllYouNeedIsLuck

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/mike-sando/post?id=5863

Lost my insider account for some reason. To someone who has it, can you copy and paste the article on here? thanks!

Mod edit: Can't copy and paste Insider articles. If someone wants to sum up a section of it, that would be fine.

Edited by Superman

Most improved team I think will be the Texans.  If they can get a good head coach and a solid QB in the draft, they'll be set.  Their defense will have Cushing back, they have a decent/solid OL, they have good weapons in Andre, DeAndre, and Owen Daniels.  Hopefully Arian Foster can come back healthy.  They could push for a playoff spot and pull a big turnaround like our Colts and the Chiefs

Most improved team I think will be the Texans.  If they can get a good head coach and a solid QB in the draft, they'll be set.  Their defense will have Cushing back, they have a decent/solid OL, they have good weapons in Andre, DeAndre, and Owen Daniels.  Hopefully Arian Foster can come back healthy.  They could push for a playoff spot and pull a big turnaround like our Colts and the Chiefs

detroit should be there also.

That one is iffy.  If Rodgers can stay healthy, the Pack will win the division.  Trestman can develop QBs and has a QB-friendly system, so the Bears' offense should be fine.  If the Bears can fix their defense, they'll be contending for a wild card spot.  That leaves Detroit to compete with 2 or 3 NFC West teams, the Panthers/Saints, and the Bears for two wildcard spots

That one is iffy.  If Rodgers can stay healthy, the Pack will win the division.  Trestman can develop QBs and has a QB-friendly system, so the Bears' offense should be fine.  If the Bears can fix their defense, they'll be contending for a wild card spot.  That leaves Detroit to compete with 2 or 3 NFC West teams, the Panthers/Saints, and the Bears for two wildcard spots

Good luck fixing that OLD defense.

Yeah, but this is the one sport where coaching can make an enormous difference, and the Lions seem to lack consistency and discipline more than talent.

It's my opinion that we should be one of the top 3 or 4 favorites to win the Super Bowl next year. Luck will have two full seasons under his belt. Getting back Wayne, Allen, Ballard, Thomas, etc. I expect Da'Rick to be a beast next year. Bring in a few free agents on D, And a center not named Satele, and we should be a very dangerous team. I have faith in T-Rich too and expect him to be much improved behind a revamped Offensive line.

Good luck fixing that OLD defense.

Yeah, they need a lot of help on defense

Yeah, but this is the one sport where coaching can make an enormous difference, and the Lions seem to lack consistency and discipline more than talent.

True, they're very talented.  A good coach could help put them in a position for the divisional crown

i will take detroit's talent over those teams.

Colts were mentioned as #10, along with SD, KC, Arizona, NYJ, Detroit, and St. Louis. Basically said the last spot is a crap shoot. Seahawks were first with pretty much the rest of the playoff teams in between.

i disagree with the chiefs (they will have a tougher schedule and haven't beat many of the better teams, 8-9 wins) and jets (qb problems, lucky to have 8 wins).

i disagree with the chiefs (they will have a tougher schedule and haven't beat many of the better teams, 8-9 wins) and jets (qb problems, lucky to have 8 wins).

Yeah...in general it was a pretty weak article. Basically saying that every playoff team this year will be in a position to be good next year, and there are a handfull of teams that could get into the playoffs who missed this year.