Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Quote:just Because You Perceive Problems On The Horizon,and You Possess Solutions..doesn't Mean They Are Avoidable And Implementation Is Instant

GoGoColts

His recent tweets are so lame. 9 straight years of playoffs are great and all Jim but 1 ring to show for it and s defense that has been getting worse. Polian should recognize this but we draft Donald brown gonzo and other offensive players that aren't performing. We need change and if he doesn't realize it now he never will.

His recent tweets are so lame. 9 straight years of playoffs are great and all Jim but 1 ring to show for it and s defense that has been getting worse. Polian should recognize this but we draft Donald brown gonzo and other offensive players that aren't performing. We need change and if he doesn't realize it now he never will.

I think that things haven't really come to a head until this year. I think that change is on the horizon.

There are about 28 other teams in the NFL who would love to have 9 straight PO appearances, 2 SB appearances and 1 ring over the past decade....

There are about 28 other teams in the NFL who would love to have 9 straight PO appearances, 2 SB appearances and 1 ring over the past decade....

Dude U say the sane stuff every thread we know howvu feel so drop it. Your getting annoying. Playoff appearances don't equal super bowl trophys if your team can't perform or stat healthy for the whole season.

Guys, I think that Jim is right. He had a number of other nice quotes. The one positive in all this is that Jim Irsay is a great owner. Let's have faith in him.

I think this is the first time I ever agreed with you.

The worst thing that an organization can do is make rash, irrational decisions. Even though it is not popular with the lynch mob mentality right now, taking a measured approach is a far better solution.

Change can be made instantly does he not watch film, stop playing a complete tampa 2 defense on every play with your corners 10 yds off the line especially on 3rd and short. That would solve one of many problems in the secondary The playcalling isnt even allowing medicore players to even make a medicore play its redicilous. Is he smokin :thdown:

Edited by Rich Cannon

Change can be made instantly does he not watch film, stop playing a complete tampa 2 defense on every play with your corners 10 yds off the line especially on 3rd and short. That would solve one of many problems in the secondary The playcalling isnt even allowing medicore players to even make a medicore play its redicilous. Is he smokin :thdown:

Okay what exactly do you suggest they do?

The only changes they can make now is to have more meetings with the coaches and ask them to get their act straightened out w.r.t how they play offense and defense, change things up so that their schemes actually have a chance to work. Irsay is not Jerry Jones, he will wait till the end of the season to make a season long evaluation on Caldwell and his coaches. On one hand, we are happy that Irsay is not Jerry Jones, and the other hand, we want him to be like one.

We have enjoyed continued winning because Irsay has let the guys in charge do their job and evaluate at the end of each season how things have gone. I am sure he is aware of fan sentiment and the obvious national embarrassment of 62-7 at the Saints but our options for coaches will end up being more if we wait. Good things come to those who wait, that is a true statement. If Tony Sporano (who is a very good O-line coach) and Steve Spagnuolos (very good 4-3 DC) are let go from the Dolphins and Rams, don't you think they would make good coaches for our staff for specific roles? We won't know these till the end of the season, better to be a tad patient, IMO.

Yes, I want changes too but I am fine with the changes when the offseason starts.

Edited by chad72

Guys, I think that Jim is right. He had a number of other nice quotes. The one positive in all this is that Jim Irsay is a great owner. Let's have faith in him.

If you want to truly show support for the owner, shouldnt you remove the bag over the head avatar from your profile??

ROFL!!

NO... I respect Irsay. I am optimistic for the future, but I cannot support what I see on the field.

I am confused. You support Irsay, so since you dont know him personally, you support his team that you watch and root for, but you dont support what you see on the field, which is the team owned by Irsay.........

Strange things are afoot in the official forum.

I am confused. You support Irsay, so since you dont know him personally, you support his team that you watch and root for, but you dont support what you see on the field, which is the team owned by Irsay.........

Strange things are afoot in the official forum.

So because I am optimistic that Jim Irsay can drag this thing out of the mud as he did once before, I have to be satisfied with the current product on the field?

So because I am optimistic that Jim Irsay can drag this thing out of the mud as he did once before, I have to be satisfied with the current product on the field?

No, not at all. But irsay put the people in place that built this team, so he has a hand in this mess.

No, not at all. But irsay put the people in place that built this team, so he has a hand in this mess.

Having faith that he can get it turned around doesn't absolve him of responsibility. The NFL personnel system causes teams to be somewhat cyclical in their competitiveness. Edited by GoGoColts

Having faith that he can get it turned around doesn't absolve him of responsibility. The NFL personnel system causes teams to be somewhat cyclical in their competitiveness.

I have faith that he can find the people to change some bad habits around this team, I just think they arent currently here.

The colts will make some changes at the end of the season, the fans the colts have are not as strong of a base as the steelers or a fan club like that... before peyton manning it was nothing but the pacers... if the colts wanna avoid that again some coaches and players will lose their jobs.

There are 31 teams in the NFL who fail every single season. Playoff/SB appearances mean jack. If winning the SB is out of the picture, if your team at improves a bit then at least you fail slightly less.

We have not improved since 2005/2006. We have declined substantially. That's saying something considering how bad our D and special teams were. To those willing to look past stats, and just because the D showed up in the 2006 playoffs doesn't make them GOOD. They got ran up and down the field on ALL SEASON LONG. AGAIN. Meaning a better scoring defense stat wise since games went by quickly and with limited possessions. At the same time, this gave PM less opportunities to figure out their D.

On top of that, the O is also a shell of its former self personnel wise (even though PM gets better to offset it) and we have the worst coach in the game to boot.

Edited by Moose Of Woe

I heard John Clayton on Mike and Mike this morning and he said that Caldwell will be evaluated after the season, but(and this is what I found interesting) he(Clayton) "knows" that there will be changes within his staff. He did not elaborate and maybe he misspoke, but that is the way he put it.

I heard John Clayton on Mike and Mike this morning and he said that Caldwell will be evaluated after the season, but(and this is what I found interesting) he(Clayton) "knows" that there will be changes within his staff. He did not elaborate and maybe he misspoke, but that is the way he put it.

well everyone is evaluated after the season so im not surprised he said that.

stop playing tampa 2, switch to a 4-3 theres virtually no transition, same fronts similar coverages, just not off the wr's every play

So you think in 1 week a NFL team can switch from playing the style of defense they have been playing at least for the last 7-8 years, and drafted players to play in that system to a 4-3 scheme and do better? I don't have any kind of knowledge on what it takes to make that change, but gotta think it takes a little more then a week to do that and you need to have players who can play that style.

So you think in 1 week a NFL team can switch from playing the style of defense they have been playing at least for the last 7-8 years, and drafted players to play in that system to a 4-3 scheme and do better? I don't have any kind of knowledge on what it takes to make that change, but gotta think it takes a little more then a week to do that and you need to have players who can play that style.

What's the worse that can happen bill? We lose pfffffffft oh no. Ad long as the colts just try to make changes I think we are heading in the right direction but preparing the same and doing the same thing every week expecting diff results is crazy. That also applys to you posting the same thing in every thread bill. Or Chris whichever

The Tampa 2 is a 4-3 defense. The only difference at all is in the Tampa 2 the MLB drops into coverage. Thats it! Thats why they just need to stop using it. Its worthless.

Perhaps you should stop posting then on what you don't have any knowledge about. ;)

Perhaps you should stop posting then on what you don't have any knowledge about. ;)

That is why I asked why people think you can make a change in your defense philiosophy and player responsibility in just a week? I mean if that is so don't you think they would have tried it?

it wouldnt take more than a week its the same fronts, and similar coverage

I think this is the first time I ever agreed with you.

The worst thing that an organization can do is make rash, irrational decisions. Even though it is not popular with the lynch mob mentality right now, taking a measured approach is a far better solution.

Yes. Because making rash irrational decisions might make this team the laughing stock of the league. It's time to act now. At least get rid of Caldwell and Coyer with immediate effect. I know my dream of a Polianless Colts won't happen for a while yet, but one can always dream....

Edited by braveheartcolt

it wouldnt take more than a week its the same fronts, and similar coverage

If that is true, then you have to wonder why isn't the Indy press going after Caldwell and Coyer on this and questioning them hard as to why a change in scheme isn't happening and I have not seen that. I mean if it isn't that hard to do and can be accomplished in a week or so with the present talent I would think the Indy press would be all over the Colts on that issue alone.

If that is true, then you have to wonder why isn't the Indy press going after Caldwell and Coyer on this and questioning them hard as to why a change in scheme isn't happening and I have not seen that. I mean if it isn't that hard to do and can be accomplished in a week or so with the present talent I would think the Indy press would be all over the Colts on that issue alone.

I think its more of what the staffs beliefs are. They just might not believe in a 4-3 style defense but as you can see there tampa 2 is failing to the extreme, or they might be going after Caldwelljust away from the camera

Edited by Rich Cannon

There is no 'Indy press'. Its widely known that the Colts are the only game in town, and you cant go around upsetting the franchise or else your media pass gets revoked. But thats for another thread.

As for changing scheme, imo the reason they won't/haven't is simply because they arent capable of coming up with there own scheme without it resulting in more than 62pts. These aren't innovative guys on our hands. They have there 'own' scheme, it stinks, and are now out of ideas and incapable of providing new ones.

The worst thing about this season is our owner, front office and coaching staff is too dumb to notice the team is the laughinstock of the NFL. We have the most untalented secondary by far in the NFL and our lb and DL is way below average. The coaching is the worst in the league with a clueless HC who easily accepts and has been conditioned to losing, The rest of the coaching staff couldn't coach their way out of a paper bag; our front office is made up of a past his prime Vice Chairman and a GM who got the job because of his daddy. The owner prefers tweets over making the tough management decisions to bring change to the franchise and most of our players would be cut from a top tier college team. How many people think Chris Polian would get another management job in the NFL based strictly on his demonstrated management abilities? Would Caldwell get another NFL job after he is fired from the Colts? What about the rest of the coaching staff - would any of them get another NFL job and what about our so called players?

If we go into the off season and next season with our current management, coaching and players we are destined for another 1-15 or worse season,

The worst thing about this season is our owner, front office and coaching staff is too dumb to notice the team is the laughinstock of the NFL. We have the most untalented secondary by far in the NFL and our lb and DL is way below average. The coaching is the worst in the league with a clueless HC who easily accepts and has been conditioned to losing, The rest of the coaching staff couldn't coach their way out of a paper bag; our front office is made up of a past his prime Vice Chairman and a GM who got the job because of his daddy. The owner prefers tweets over making the tough management decisions to bring change to the franchise and most of our players would be cut from a top tier college team. How many people think Chris Polian would get another management job in the NFL based strictly on his demonstrated management abilities? Would Caldwell get another NFL job after he is fired from the Colts? What about the rest of the coaching staff - would any of them get another NFL job and what about our so called players?

If we go into the off season and next season with our current management, coaching and players we are destined for another 1-15 or worse season,

Your right and why stop with them...I mean Irsay must go, he is a baffon, he tweets while the team burns. I think the NFL needs to step in and demand he sells the team and do what is right for the NFL, because we can't have a team only win 1-2 games in a season.....I wonder if Mark Cuban is interested in buying an NFL team.....Then there is always the desire of the NFL to put a team in LA and for that matter they are talking 2 teams, so maybe the Colts and Raiders can both be LA bound....