Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cheifs = steelers?

coming on strong

One thought that ran through my mind while watching this game was the cheifs had a bad game . It reminded me of beating the steelers in the regular season i believe it was 2005 ,then getting beat in the post season by them .

Playing the cheifs in the post season would not be a given , there players are * look at the post game interviews it reminds me of the steelers back in the day...

I just hope the colts don't go into the game cocky

They won't. They may be confident in themselves if this 4 vs. 5 playoff game does happen for us and the Chiefs. But, they will also realize the Chiefs will look at the film and try to make adjustments.

Fans may get cocky though yes.....but here we tend to alternate between cockiness at times and utter despair!

One thought that ran through my mind while watching this game was the cheifs had a bad game . It reminded me of beating the steelers in the regular season i believe it was 2005 ,then getting beat in the post season by them .

Playing the cheifs in the post season would not be a given , there players are * look at the post game interviews it reminds me of the steelers back in the day...

Troy P, Joey Porter, and the Steelers D was for real, the Chiefs D is good but not in the same zip code.

Chiefs are frauds. The moment they play an above .500 team, they lose, it seems like. Lost twice to Broncos in a span of 3 games, and will be twice to the Colts just like the Broncos in the span of 3 games if we meet up in the playoffs. Lost to the Chargers already, most likely to lose again. See the trend???

If you don't like our chances at home against the Chiefs then either you have not been paying attention or you're not a Colts fan. If that game does happen, we will be prepared, we will believe, and we will play 100% to a man for 60 minutes. All that doesn't mean we will win but it does mean we won't lose 41-0 like we did to the Jets in the playoffs in Tony's first year. These Colts aren't put together that way….they are heavy on the effort if maybe less in the talent than I would like. And Andrew Luck is the kind of play that absolutely does not feel the pressure of a big game….and he's the leader.

If we do play KC again, I expect a much closer game. It always scares me to play a team in the playoffs that you played in the regular season. That never really worked out well for us in the past.

You normally HAVE TO beat a team twice in a season to get far in the playoffs.

Ravens, we have beaten them twice in 2009. Jets, we lost first time due to resting starters but them the second time in 2009 in the AFCCG. Patriots, we beat them twice in 2006. All times, we end up in the SB.

Chargers, the second time around in the playoffs, we lost in 2007 & 2008. Same with Patriots in 2003 and 2004 and Steelers in 2005. Other than the Chargers, all the other teams made the SB.

Besides, when the Colts played the Chiefs in 1995, 2003, 2006, we went to the AFCCG. However, in 2010, when Cassel and the Chiefs made the playoffs, we didn't play them, and didn't get too far either. We need to play the Chiefs along those lines :).

• 2 weeks later...