Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's review the terrible teams the Colts lost to.

open window

Dolphins 8-6 seem pretty descent after the bully scandal, the Bolts also seem pretty solid. The Rams are down right scary at times, crazy good pass rush. The Cards look great at times on the strength of their D, and the Bengals are just good. The Colts took some beatdowns, don't get me wrong, but they beat 3 great teams and lost to 5 good to very good teams. From my POV if this team keeps building on today and gets a lucky bounce or 2, they might get far enough to break my heart, and I'm okay with that. It's not 2004-05, it's all gravy in 2013-plus

Dolphins 8-6 seem pretty descent after the bully scandal, the Bolts also seem pretty solid. The Rams are down right scary at times, crazy good pass rush. The Cards look great at times on the strength of their D, and the Bengals are just good. The Colts took some beatdowns, don't get me wrong, but they beat 3 great teams and lost to 5 good to very good teams. From my POV if this team keeps building on today and gets a lucky bounce or 2, they might get far enough to break my heart, and I'm okay with that. It's not 2004-05, it's all gravy in 2013-plus

Good to see you 45. I like your view on this. I agree whole hardheartedly.

Do the Pats fall to the 3 spot if the Bengals win tonight? And how do we sit on tie breakers and such with the Pats? I believe the Ravens might beat them next week, and the Colts are gonna squeak one out even with J Charles running wild, real ugly just like the game last year.

Yes the Patriots do fall to third though right now it looks unlikely. We own tiebreakers over Pats and Broncos.

Colts schedule was just down right brutal this year.  Fortunately they can sweep the division and did win the great games vs SF, Den, Seattle and hopefully KC :strong: .  The 5 losses I do agree came against good teams.  The Colts can't ever beat San Diego anyways, it's a curse and I hope for some crazy reason the Colts do NOT have to play them in the playoffs (if SD makes it).  The only game that was a real shocker to me that they lost and lost so badly was the Rams game.  I had a feeling Arizona was going to beat the Colts, not so badly but win none the less.  Miami didn't shock me so much, nor did the Bengals loss.  Bengals loss just more infuriated me because of Jeff Triplette's phenomenally terrible officiating. 

I don't think a first round bye would be good for us.

I will take a bye every time, given a choice that is. It may be a bit unlikely but the Ravens could still lose tomorrow night they just need to beat New England (Gronkless) and Cinci (Daltonful) and the Colts beat KC (Charles in charge!) and Jacksonville (blame on the Henne, or Gabbertless at last), spoiler alert - the oracle has spoken!

I will take a bye every time, given a choice that is. It may be a bit unlikely but the Ravens could still lose tomorrow night they just need to beat New England (Gronkless) and Cinci (Daltonful) and the Colts beat KC (Charles in charge!) and Jacksonville (blame on the Henne, or Gabbertless at last), spoiler alert - the oracle has spoken!

I would too, if we didn't have offensive struggles and if we weren't bad coming off of bye.

Excellent post.

Doesn't mean that we can't play better; the losses to the Cards and Rams in particular were troubling.

By far the worst division in football. So congrats on that. This division is even worse than in 2011 when we were "gifted" the championship. 

I bet it warms you deeply to be able to say that. Even though your team's miserable play is the chief reason the division is the worst in football.

By far the worst division in football. So congrats on that. This division is even worse than in 2011 when we were "gifted" the championship.

Thanks for the backhanded compliment. Say what you want about the division, but we're still 5-0 against the South. The Colts did what they needed to do. And sure, record-wise the division is terrible, but don't act like there is no talent. It took a good Arizona team overtime to beat the Titans...and your own Texans should have beaten SEA and gave NE a heck of a game. Even the sorry Jags have a better record than several teams, and they were thought to be the worst NFL team since the expansion Bucs earlier this season.

So yeah, the division is terrible. But don't act like we didn't earn the crown. You play the opponents you have scheduled. And the Colts are 9-5

Excellent post.

Doesn't mean that we can't play better; the losses to the Cards and Rams in particular were troubling.

Not so much now...did you see the Rams manhandle the almighty Saints today? That D is scary good when it wants to be. If they had any semblance of an offense they would be a lot better. The Cards are legit and probably miss the playoffs bc they have the misfortune of playing in the NFC West. Three years ago their record probably wins the division if the season ended today! Wow how things have changed out west.

I think we just got them both at the worst time, when we were still adjusting to life without Reggie. The past two weeks have shown the offense is making progress...

Not so much now...did you see the Rams manhandle the almighty Saints today? That D is scary good when it wants to be. If they had any semblance of an offense they would be a lot better. The Cards are legit and probably miss the playoffs bc they have the misfortune of playing in the NFC West. Three years ago their record probably wins the division if the season ended today! Wow how things have changed out west.

I think we just got them both at the worst time, when we were still adjusting to life without Reggie. The past two weeks have shown the offense is making progress...

With the Rams, it's more than just not playing well on either side of the ball. It's giving up big plays, looking completely inept on offense, poor coaching, etc. Losing by 30 at home is never fun, but the way we shot ourselves in the foot is what's most irritating.

It's one thing to lose to a decent team, even if they have a bad record. It's another to be blown out. And then it's another to be blown out at home. That's our worst loss under the new regime, easily. (Same criticisms against the Cards, except it wasn't at home. I'd put that loss on par with the Jets loss last year.)

I bet it warms you deeply to be able to say that. Even though your team's miserable play is the chief reason the division is the worst in football.

Yep. And your miserable play in 2011 did the same. Hey at least the Titans went 9-7 that year. No one else besides you will have a winning record...just awful.

Yep. And your miserable play in 2011 did the same. Hey at least the Titans went 9-7 that year. No one else besides you will have a winning record...just awful.

I'm not sure Colts fans took solace in being able to say that the Texans only won the worst division in the league. And as bad as we were in 2011, the Texans still didn't win in Indy.

Vance I have enjoyed your perspective for the most part, but the taste in your mouth is sour grapes. Of all the convoluted copping mechanisms I have read on fan forums, you might get the blue ribbon. The Colts may not lose to your crew for another 9 years, at the Luke at least.

Its really irrelevant to a point because alot of games,even some they won, they looked like a pop warner team! Some of those teamsmentioned either play really good or really bad.

It takes 17 weeks to build a finished product. A loss no matter the margin is still just 1 loss. What point was irrelevant? My statement is that the Colts lost to good teams, beat some great ones, and beat all the bad ones. Keep on building over the next 2 weeks, we will see how it pans out. The Rams and Cards have really good pass rushers on the interior, there are no teams in the AFC playoff picture that pesent these kind match-up problems for us, plus the loss of Reggie is softened evey week with experience gained by our young pass catchers. This team is making adjustments in scheme and personel, our players are getting better plus we have the element of surprise, these Colts are like a box of chocolates. Lets Go Colts!

Those Tenn games were pretty close so don't dismiss the work Indy put in to get those 2 wins and Hou fell apart again haha in the 2nd half of the first and gave up on in the 2nd game and although the 1st jags game was easy their playing a lot better and have shown the heart the texans lacked toward the end of the season but I still expect a win in week 17.

haha it's this backhanded crap that gives visiting Texan fans such a bad reputation.

The very epitome of sore loser.

Not as if you guys didn't get your fair share of gloating in the last 2 years. Take your lumps and get ready for next year.