Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Saturday Living Healthy

James Harden

This news is pretty old but just want to lighten up the mood. Jeff Saturday is an all time great center(unlike the ones we currently have) and we all know what he used to look like. Now He have lost over 50 pounds and look like a bean stick. Maybe its go to show you how hard it is to play offensive linemen while having to maintain a determine weight. Mostly you see ex-NFL players gain weight after their playing days are over.(Example: Jamarcus Russell). Its good to see that one of my favorite players is having a healthy lifestyle and is living great life after his NFL career.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/08/former-colts-center-jeff-saturday-has-lost-more-than-50-pounds/

It's pretty remarkable how much weight he lost, and how quickly he did it.  Good job Jeff!  When I first saw him on the sideline earlier this season, I mistook him for Will Wheaton.

Wow, he looks way different! Much healthier to get the weight off then turn into a tubby.

Wow, he looks way different! Much healthier to get the weight off then turn into a tubby.

Matt Birk?

OK Jeff...you are my size now...I will now pick on you!!!   :)  NOT......love ya Jeff!!!   :)

Offensive linemen usually eat around 8,000-12,000 calories. They can do that since can burn it off easily. Some players after they are retired, still eat the same diet but do not workout so they become unfit and tubby haha. Glad that Jeff change his diet. 

Great that he is losing weight, but Jeff as a center wasn't all that good. He was good, but not great. It was Peyton that made our offensive line look so good for years. Tarik Glenn if we're talking about great was our best offensive lineman. After he left then things went downhill.

you are being kind. He was awful and routinely got dominated. How anyone ever thought he was remotely good boggles my mind. Green Bay discovered how bad Jeff was.

Green Bay was the end of the line Dung Britches.  Jeff Saturday was an undrafted FA out of North Carolina who if I recall was rated the 11th best center in his draft in 1998.

I remember when we got him he looked chubby, slow, and if we were on a forum then we would have said he was 'camp fodder.'  Jeff Saturday and coaching made Saturday a very good NFL center.....in no way, shape or form was he awful.  I loved Howard Mudd!!!

Jeff has 6 Pro- Bowls to his credit, and was First Team All Pro twice.  Saturday did have some trouble with the BIG Nose Tackles and DTs, but he had his share of 'knockdown blocks.'  Ask Vince Wilfork.  To say he was awful is absolutely WRONG.   :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!