Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dear Irsay, Ahmad Bradshaw...

bap1331

Is he allowed to come back?!

If we can have him come back. We have super bowl potential! It would solve 50% of our problems!!!

The rule on this is he's allowed to return if he solves 54% of his team's problems. So he misses by a lousy 4%. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

But its not like the NFL practice squad rules are some deeply held secret stored in encrypted text in a secured location. This isn't the recipe for Coke we're talking about. A very quick Google search will return the PS eligibility rules and even the most basic understanding of them would tell you that a player like Donald brown hasn't been eligible for some time.

My point is we don't need to belittle someone for not knowing something, and instead use our knowledge to inform others.

Please oh please can we keep him and alreast give him 1 more chance? He has 2 super bowls on his resume and is a huge impact player. He's only 27 and has 4 years left in him. Donald is good but power running backs have way more of an impact and tire the defense allot faster.

1. Ballard

2. Bradshaw

3. Trent

Send Donald to practice squad in case someone gets hurt...

Every good team uses 3 running backs but we have the best trio without a doubt..

Practice squad? Practice squad? Are you kidding me, practice squad? Donald Brown is the best back the Colts have right now..so lets go back to not being able to run the ball..at all? Would love to see what he could do behind a good O-line..

My point is we don't need to belittle someone for not knowing something, and instead use our knowledge to inform others.

Exactly, I make mistakes on here all the time and I know I don't know everything.  It's one things to just point out something is incorrect and leave it at that like I tried to do earlier in this thread.  It's another to attack the person and treat them like they are dumb because they don't know something.  No one on here knows everything about everything and frankly most of the people are not the same kind of "football dorks" as most of us are and might simply not know the rules. 

I would say it's best to just try to inform them of the rules and leave it at that and not attack them or lay in a snide comment.  Again, IMO it goes back to why one is here.  Are they here to talk football or to show of just how much they know about things.  If it's the later that's not really a healthy reason to be here IMO.  No one likes making a mistake no one likes it even more when they are belittled for it. 

anybody who really thinks brown will be with the team is in the spirit of the moment now yeah he's had a few good games and put up better numbers than richardson but when it comes to paying him he's gonna want more money which will be a bad idea save that money we have plenty of younger backs for a cheaper price

anybody who really thinks brown will be with the team is in the spirit of the moment now yeah he's had a few good games and put up better numbers than richardson but when it comes to paying him he's gonna want more money which will be a bad idea save that money we have plenty of younger backs for a cheaper price

Brown strikes me as a classic case of contract year player.  Buyer should be ware next year.  With that said, if we can get him for the right contract next year I am for it. 

Brown strikes me as a classic case of contract year player.  Buyer should be ware next year.  With that said, if we can get him for the right contract next year I am for it. 

I don't buy that at all. All I've heard about DB is he's a hard worker and very smart. He won't slack off after getting a contract and it's not like he's going to get a big deal anyway.

I don't buy that at all. All I've heard about DB is he's a hard worker and very smart. He won't slack off after getting a contract and it's not like he's going to get a big deal anyway.

I didn't say Brown didn't work hard he clearly does.  However, I think it's always smart to be leery of guys who underachieved up till the last year of their deal (which he has or we wouldn't have been looking for running backs to start with this off-season).  It doesn't mean Brown didn't work hard the other years of his deal but sometimes guys produce a little extra more when their next contract is on the line. 

Comedy is all about timing and this thread takes the cake, sorry Bap but why would you say that at this point when Donald Brown looks like he's finally figured it out. He's playing well behind a bad Oline and your saying he should be put on the PS?